It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

BAD experience with ACCUTANE

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-21-2006, 11:54 AM   #1
ericalynn1181
(female)

ericalynn1181 HB User
BAD experience with ACCUTANE

I know how devastating it is to have bad skin. I've had horrible acne for 12 years now. I thought Accutane was going to be my miracle cure. I was scared because of all the crazy side effects, but I thought that NONE of them could be worse than having acne. Unfortunately, I was wrong. See, Accutane affects everybody differently, but I literally starting going mental on this drug. Only while on day 10 was I hallucinating and having fits of intense and disabling paranoia. I was so scared to leave my bed that I peed in the cup on my nightstand. I couldn't drive because I was afraid that someone was going to jump out from behind my seat and I had a reoccurring vision of a woman choking me that I would get flashbacks of from time to time. I began to become afraid of everything. I even wanted to work overtime at work because I was afraid to go home by myself. Never ever have I had psychological issues such as these ones and I never saw day 11 of Accutane. My doctor immediately took me off the drug and I am currently waiting for the drug to run its course through my body. Does this happen to everyone? Absolutely not. However, do your research because I wouldnt wish my experiences on anybody. Type Accutane and Hallucinations in the same search engine and see how many articles come up of cases such as mine. Look at the # of suicides and psychotic episodes of people taking Accutane. It is most definitely a miracle drug for acne, but in my experience--beauty was not worth my mental health. Good luck to you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-21-2006, 05:12 PM   #2
ErimusValidus
Senior Veteran
(male)

ErimusValidus HB User
Re: BAD experience with ACCUTANE

I only ever experienced suicidal tendencies and depression whilst on accutane. It's dodgy, that's for sure.

Old 01-22-2006, 11:18 AM   #3
anachron
(male)

anachron HB User

I just finished my fourth course on accutane. The first three was good but the last one I was very depressed, angry, suicidal thoughts etc. But I a=am not sure if it was the accutane or not because before I was on accutane I wasnt exactly perfect....strange thing is objectively I dont know what I was like before. I am not sure if it was the accutane or not. Anywho, I am glad it god rid of my acne.

Old 01-22-2006, 07:00 PM   #4
Accutane Dude
Veteran
(male)

Accutane Dude HB User

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. I agree with your decision to go off but i do wonder if it was the accutane that caused it. I think it's an easy scape goat but we must remember the mind is a very powerful thing. Did you have any sort of problems like this in the past?

I think like most things in life the best way to go into accutane is positive and confident. If you start obsessing over the side effects and things like that it can do no good for you. Just chill out take the pill and realize it's just fregin vitamin A. I know it's obviously not worth the risk taking accutane in your case but i hardly doubt it was the accutane that caused these episodes.

Closed Thread