It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Micro holes on my face

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-22-2006, 03:41 AM   #1
    sweetlily
    (female)

sweetlily HB User
    Question Micro holes on my face

Hi everyone, I have been battling acne since High school and it got worse a couple of year ago. I have been using so many different products. Nothing is working however I'm noticing that my pore are larger around my cheeks. Also is looks like I'm developing small holes around my face mostly areas where I get the acne. This is bothering me coz I dont know if is the meds i have been puting on it or something else. Has anyone had the same experience.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-22-2006, 08:31 AM   #2
    xNinox
    (male)

xNinox HB User
    Re: Micro holes on my face

Yeah, I have the samething as you. Doesn't bother me that much though.

Old 01-22-2006, 09:01 AM   #3
    stasia12
    Veteran

stasia12 HB User

i know exactly how you feel

the "holes " on my face were always larger than the rest of my face-those on my nose and cheek areas since these were the oilest parts. However, a few years ago, i tried an regimen I foudn on the net to cure acne, (many people on this board have tried it) which required the slathering on of BP and then moisturizer. I used Pro Activs ben per, and had a horrible reaction (skin red stinging and swollen for hours). Ever since then, the pores in these areas are much much bigger than they used to be. THeya re also very prone to blackheads, and if i get one that i squeeze out, often it leaves a big hole that doesnt go away, even if the blakc head is gone. its very annoying, and the problem is makeup doenst really work on large pores, the best sucess ive had in making them cover up is with mineral foundations that arent shiny (im sure youve discovered wearing shiny makeup is the worst for large pores), anyway if you wanta quick fix before you go out one nite, i suggest going to a site called mountain rose herbs and picking up a bag of fullers earth. its cheap and you get alot,. you mix it with water or milk depending on how seensitive your skin is, and presto,f or a few houars, or a day, your skin will be so much tighter and the holes will almost disappear, along iwth any redness or blotchiness you may have, but unfortunately the effect is temporary. BUt it really works for one day and cant be beat as a mask, it aslo sucks the oil out of your skin so be careful if you are dry. right now im trying retin a in the hopes that will work on the holes, and ordered soome copper peptide serum from skin biology in hopes that will do something too, good luck!

Old 01-22-2006, 10:22 AM   #4
    anachron
    (male)

anachron HB User

Are you talking about large pores? For that AHA creams are good.

Old 01-22-2006, 11:55 AM   #5
    stasia12
    Veteran

stasia12 HB User

yes have you tried exfoliants?
    id say bha would be better for you because it exfoliates deeper in the pore, aha just gets rid of dead surface skin cells. pores that have been enlarged for years,btw, get stretched out and or may be scarred which is why they wont get smaller. the reason your skin may have gotten worse is becuase you have done to much to it and now your skin has even more problems with oil and exfoliating correctly, which is why they got bigger. adn like i said before they also get stretched out.
    i never really gave bha a good go, u need to be consisent with it and stay oon it for at least a month for it too work. A good place would be paulas choice to start, shes the only one who offers bha in a liquid gel and cream form so you can choose -because the cream will make you break out if you have oily skin. she also uses the correct ph to exfoliate the skin properly. she also offers aha in liquid or gel form if you want to try that instenad/

Old 01-22-2006, 02:17 PM   #6
    Jackswift

Jackswift HB User

I tried exfoliating for large pores and oily skin -- it did nothing as far as I can tell.

Old 01-26-2006, 02:54 AM   #7
    sweetlily
    (female)

sweetlily HB User
    Talking Re: Micro holes on my face

thanks everyone for ur response.

Old 01-26-2006, 09:11 AM   #8
    Sahuja12
    Veteran
    (female)

Sahuja12 HB User

I had 5 professional microderms done and it helped the open pores on my nose. However, the ones on my cheeks are only slightly better... Dont know what can help these completely...Although clinique's pore refiner gives the impression of smaller pores by kind of filling them in temporarily. If you wipe it off, they are visible again...

Old 01-26-2006, 02:06 PM   #9
    finallyfreealmost!
    (female)

finallyfreealmost! HB User

i think that benzoyl peroxide products are the cause of these holes, which are permanently enlarged pores. the benzoyl peroxide opens and cleans pores so effectively but doesn't close them back.

Old 01-27-2006, 03:45 AM   #10
    ErimusValidus
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

ErimusValidus HB User

Hi sweetlily I've had two microdermabrasion sessions to help my enlarged pores (as well as red marks and scarring). They were beneficial but if you're looking for a cheaper, more accessible alternative, look no further than Glycolic Acid. The stuff works miracles! You apply it in a concentration of 30-50% with cotton wool (just like you would a toner, applying a fair amount of pressure) and leave it to seep into your pores for ten minutes. It stings like mad but I just grit my teeth and think about something else (plus, microdermabrasion hurts twice as much, easily). Then you neutralise the acid with bicarbonate of soda and that's it!

The next day you will have a red face with, perhaps, blotchy patches where you applied more pressure than other areas. The day after that your skin will be a bit flakey but it's nothing that a good moisturiser can't compensate for. And on the third day, the natural colour will return and the flakiness will subside to reveal smoother skin with tighter pores. Like anything, you have to wait at least a month before you start to notice genuine results. But once you start, you won't want to stop because it is capable of giving back your baby skin!

Old 01-28-2006, 10:40 AM   #11
    laaurabeth
    (female)

laaurabeth HB User

Tea tree oil ($5 at wal-mart) shrinks the largerer pores that are on and around my nose. I use it twice a day and have also seen WONDERFUL results with it clearing up my acne around my mouth and chin. I have only had two breakouts this month! That is unreal to me. It is a little drying, so make sure to use a moisturizer. I have noticed a big difference in less oilyness on my face in the mornings using this. Now the only thing I need to do is get rid of all these old red marks and scars!!

Old 02-05-2006, 03:17 PM   #12
    staircar
    (female)

staircar HB User

I was going through the archives and saw this thread... I was about to make a thread asking about how to get rid of my giant pores! so I thought I'd bump this, it has some good info.
    I have really large pores on my cheek (like right next to my nose, under my eye.. that area). I use benzoyl peroxide so maybe that's why.

fyi i tried neutrogena pore refining cleanser, it has alpha and beta hydroxy.. I only used it once, it dried out my skin way too much, not sure if it would have helped with the pores..

I'll try some of the stuff in this thread though.

Old 02-05-2006, 03:45 PM   #13
    stasia12
    Veteran

stasia12 HB User

the cleaser wont do anything becaue you have washed the exfoliated acids right off, they have to sink into the skin to make it better. get a sep alph or beta product for your skin.

Closed Thread