It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Whiteheads

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-04-2006, 06:33 PM   #1
    LisaSkirt

LisaSkirt HB User
    Whiteheads

Hello. I have a couple of whiteheads on my forehead that have been
    there for years. I've popped them repeatedly. Each time a small amount of puss comes out, and it appears as if they're going to go away, but they always reappear in the exact same spot. They aren't very big, so I've just been trying to ignore them, but now I'm starting to get more. Is there any way to get rid of these things for good?? I'm also starting to wonder if these aren't pimples at all, but something else. Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-04-2006, 08:21 PM   #2
    cheety
    (female)

cheety HB User
    Re: Whiteheads

I have the exact same problem, so if someone can provide advice, that would be great. Specifically I get a lot of whiteheads on my chin and around my nose. But also on my cheeks and foreheads, they go away and come back after a while, so I can never get rid of them.

Old 02-05-2006, 02:16 AM   #3
    kHan artist
    (male)

kHan artist HB User

DON'T EVER POP WHITEHEADS...you are simply reinfecting the area and causing the rest of the area to be infected as well. thats why you may be seeing more whiteheads because you are simply reinfecting the area again and again.

one thing you can do if you by accident pop a whitehead, or whenever it oozes (yuck) put some NEOSPORIN on it immediately. Whenver i use neosporin, it heals well and that area won't be reinfected with new whiteheads. when i don't use neosporin and they pop, i will BE 100% sure to see another whitehead take its place and most likely IT WILL BE WORSE and more infected that the intial one.

Old 02-05-2006, 07:15 AM   #4
    dsobz
    (female)

dsobz HB User

I have tried that before, not popping, but have been left with them popping on their own anyway. When I do it on my own I tend to be ok. I normally blot the area with a warm towel, then squeeze, (no fingernails, that's when your skin gets extra sensitive) then blot with cold water until it stops. It crusts up like a scab, I know, ewww. But then flakes off within a week without a scar.

Old 02-05-2006, 10:03 AM   #5
    missyou009
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

missyou009 HB User

I always pop my whiteheads,and I always have!

Just make sure that you WASH afterwards and put on some acne cream.It makes them a)go away faster,b)look better,and c)not come back.

Old 02-10-2006, 05:50 PM   #6
    AutumnMist
    (female)

AutumnMist HB User

I agree with putting Neosporin on your face. It doesn't have to be that, it can be a generic antibiotic ointment. When my whiteheads look like they're about to ooze pus, I just put some on (usually at night) and by the next morning they've popped themselves.

Old 02-10-2006, 06:30 PM   #7
    OutToLunch
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

OutToLunch HB User

I generally try not to pop any acne cause it usually makes things worse. But in the case of whiteheads, I try to find a way to get rid of the white puss since it's much more noticeable than a red swelling. What I do is wash with an exfoliating scrub. If that doesn't break the skin and wash out the puss, I then take a pin and gently scoop out the puss (disgusting, I know). If that's not possible, I then resort to gently squeezing out the puss. But if it feels like I'm only making the whole thing swell, I just stop. I'll wash again with exfoliating soap hoping that it'll wash out the puss now that I broke the skin with the pin. And for whiteheads on my cheeks and chin, well I just take advantage of being male and shave my face.

Old 02-11-2006, 04:57 AM   #8
    Teeftof
    (male)

Teeftof HB User

Yeah i gotta say, i always pop them. If you do it properly then they soon dissapear, i have tried leaving them before but they last for about a 4-5 days and then pop eventually anyway.. Its quite an art to doing it, but if you can master it then it's all good trick is to not let any of the puss touch any part of your skin, scoop it out like 'outtolunch' said, then squeeze it to get the root out or else it will just come back a day later.

Anyway, enough from me, time for dinner

Old 02-11-2006, 05:19 PM   #9
    LisaSkirt

LisaSkirt HB User

Thanks to everyone for the advice, but I think what I have is something different from what most of you are talking about. These aren't normal puss-oozing pimples. They're small and hard and very difficult to pop. With normal pimples, I'll pop them and they'll go away. These are different. Even if I manage to get the puss out and they go away, they'll eventually come back in the exact same spot, which is why I'm wondering if this is some sort of different kind of acne or maybe not even acne. Someone told me that it may be milia. I guess I should just go to the dermatologist and find out.

Old 02-11-2006, 08:28 PM   #10
    kdogg
    (male)

kdogg HB User

it could be an allergic reaction or a yeast infection or something instead.....dairy sometimes causes that and same as too much candida(yeast)....

Old 03-19-2006, 04:33 PM   #11
    Soar
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Soar HB User
    Arrow Re: Whiteheads

Anyone heard of a balckhead dissolver??---I did a google search on white heads.... Supposedly, this dissolver works nicely on white heads as well.... HMMMMM...i have white heads on my chin area... Where do u have them???

Old 03-20-2006, 08:32 AM   #12
    plainbagel
    (female)

plainbagel HB User

i had tiny whiteheads allll over my forehead. i am now 98% clear, all thanks to Benzaclin. I used it 2 times a day, then once a day. cleared me up in about a month.

Old 03-20-2006, 07:50 PM   #13
    loudy
    (female)

loudy HB User

What is Benzaclin? Is it possible to buy it over the counter?

Closed Thread