It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Smoothbeam Laser and PDT

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-14-2006, 12:52 AM   #1
    nenaw
    (male)

nenaw HB User
    Smoothbeam Laser and PDT

Has anyone ever heard of these treatments before? Smoothbeam Laser and Blue Light Photodynamic Therapy. They are fairly expensive at $369.00 per treatment, or $1,200.00 per 4 treatments. There is a place here where I live that does these two different procedures. I am going in on Thursday for an evaluation to talk to the doctor and what not, and if I want to do one of the two, I will have one treatment done that day. Nothing has ever worked, and this aspirin mask and digestive cleaning system just isn't doing it either, and I have all ready spent loads of money over the 7 years I've suffered with acne, so I figure, what the heck? Has anyone heard of these two technologies before? Anyone have them done? Or know anyone who has? I have read some Testimonials on their website, and have seen some before and after pictures, and it looks amazing! After one treatment, or two, improvements are vastly improved. It's also supposed to be really good for redness and scarring as well.

Last edited by nenaw; 02-14-2006 at 12:54 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-14-2006, 08:24 PM   #2
    myGodnvrfailsme
    (female)

myGodnvrfailsme HB User
    Re: Smoothbeam Laser and PDT

I have tried getting lazer work done on my acne scars. It works wonders. The person doing the lazer therepy should be able to give you other tips and help identify the main causes of your acne. I really recomend it. Your face is pretty much the most important part of your body, everyone sees it. Its worth it to have somthing like this done.

Old 02-14-2006, 08:26 PM   #3
    HereToHelp00
    (female)

HereToHelp00 HB User

I just recently had the v-beam laser done, and am having the smoothbeam on my chin in a month. the vbeam is just supposed to take the redness away from scars, i dont have any real deep scarring, just red. so hopefully this on will work, havent seen results yet but it is only a week. and the smoothbeam on my chin is just to stimulate new cologen to help with the scarring and stuff like that. i had my whole face done for 200 with the vbeam and my chin is just 80 with the smoothbeam. hopefully ill see results soon, my derm said ill only need one treatment.. well see

Old 02-14-2006, 10:17 PM   #4
    nenaw
    (male)

nenaw HB User

Sounds good. Thanks for the replies. I am not sure which procedure I will want to do, but I'm sure the Doctor will tell me which will be best for me. I have a lot of redness and scarring from over the years. The acne isn't as bad as it once was, the redness makes it look worse. It is still consistently moderate though and I get these stupid whiteheads, sometimes along with some cysts. I just pray that the procedure works, because between Mid-March to Early-April, I will be vacationing in Ohio and Las Vegas, and I would absolutely love to have a clear face during this time period!!!!

Old 02-18-2006, 07:32 PM   #5
    nenaw
    (male)

nenaw HB User

I had the Smoothbeam Laser procedure done on Thursday. It was tolerable, but it stung. It feels like a needle piercing your skin, but you put an Anasthetic cream on on your face to numb it a bit. Its been just 2 days and I see an improvement! A lot of the redness is gone and the pimples I have now are diminishing. She said one procedure would probably be enough, but I am going in again in 3 weeks. It is great for scarring, redness, acne, and for reducing the amount of breakouts you get. Hopefully I continue to see the difference. Nothing ever works for me, and it appears that this is!

Old 05-01-2006, 03:49 PM   #6
    kesae
    (female)

kesae HB User

I am considering doing smoothbeam also. Unfortunately there is no doctor who does the procedure close to where I live. I heard it help control the amount of oil the skin produces.

Old 05-01-2006, 04:28 PM   #7
    kHan artist
    (male)

kHan artist HB User

any updates?

Old 05-02-2006, 01:58 AM   #8
    Aries gal
    (female)

Aries gal HB User
    Question Re: Smoothbeam Laser and PDT

I there a difference between the smoothbeam and V beam or are they the same??

And what is the recovery time for the laser?

Old 05-04-2006, 10:53 AM   #9
    BarnStormin54
    (male)

BarnStormin54 HB User

Does anyone know the cities in which you can have this done? I would be willing to travel pretty far to have Smoothbeam done for me.

Old 05-04-2006, 06:16 PM   #10
    kesae
    (female)

kesae HB User

Smoothbeam is offeredes in some California cities, New York and I think Illinois

Old 05-05-2006, 10:52 AM   #11
    skimom
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

skimom HB User

I wish there were some statistics for which light treatment worked the best. Some people like Blue Light with Levulon, Some like Smoothbeam, some like IPL with Levulon. Others do not like any of them and they did not work. They are both available in my area but I do not know which one to choose. And many times the people that any of them have worked for don't come back to post their results. I called a laser clinic in LA and immediately I detected the high pressure treatment. When I hesitated to make an appointment right then they basically hung up on me. I know the laser business is BIG business right now.

Last edited by skimom; 05-05-2006 at 10:52 AM.

Closed Thread