It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Facial hair removal

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-20-2006, 08:39 PM   #1
    wheatthin

wheatthin HB User
    Facial hair removal

I used to have my eyebrows and upper lip waxed regularly. Now that I'm on differin, I can't. However, I have stopped putting the differin on my upper lip and wonder if after a couple of weeks it would be ok to wax there. The thought of ripping my skin off does scare me!! Or should/could I safely use a hair removal cream. I can deal with plucking my eyebrows, but the upper lip is a different story. Thanks for any advice.
    Wheatthin

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-20-2006, 10:11 PM   #2
    misseleganz
    (female)

misseleganz HB User
    Re: Facial hair removal

I worked for 3 years as a Medical Technician in a Laser Hair Removal clinic. Depilatory creams (hair removal creams) are designed to dissolve Keratin in hair therefore they have very strong chemicals in them; I have seen patients literally burn their upper lips with the use of these creams. The upper lip is a sensitive area - the skin around there is soft & tender. Unless absolutely necessary, I have never recommended a depilatory cream in my life as I don't like them and prefer the alternatives. However, since you have been using Differen I understand these alternatives are limited for you. If you're going to use a hair removal cream try a very small test patch first on your upper lip first - you can expect some tingling but if this becomes unbearable or turns into a burning sensation remove it immediately with water and apply aloe vera gel to the affected area. Overall be extra careful having been on the medication.

Old 02-22-2006, 01:35 AM   #3
    Toni_no12002
    (female)

Toni_no12002 HB User
    Re: Facial hair removal

I got told not to use depilatory creams on your face as its a very sensitive area.Although there may be some especially designed for your face.Im not sure, you could try searching around.

Im not exactly sure what differin is.But there are different types of waxes.You could try using sugar wax as this seems to be more gentle than normal wax.

Closed Thread