It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• worried that spiro is not working..need help

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-05-2006, 06:30 PM   #1
    Weber
    (female)

Weber HB User
    worried that spiro is not working..need help

hi guys..just wondering if spiro HASN'T worked for anyone...i've been on it for about a month....50mg the first two weeks and then 100mg since. i haven't seen much improvements. i'm also been on retin a micro mostly on my chin area...for about 2 months.and that hasn't made me stop breaking out. i am mostly worried bc my skin is really bumpy...not big cysts ...just light red, fleshy colored bumps on my forehead mostly and then i have some pimples on my chin from the micro.....

my question is should i have been results yet? i mean it hasn't really made me break out that much at all..i've been pretty steady but seen not much impovement. i really want my skin to feel smooth.

i started using dermalogica cleanser last night so hopefully that might help. i was really hopingthe spiro would work...should i go up in dose maybe? i haven't experienced many side effects except a bit of lethargy and light headaches.
    anyone that could give me some advice would be great. i'm at my wits end. i'm 23 and have had acne/rosacea since i was an early teen. it goes in cycles..i don't have bad skin all the time.....just really really perisistent

thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-06-2006, 03:51 PM   #2
    Weber
    (female)

Weber HB User
    Re: worried that spiro is not working..need help

anyone?????????????????????????

Old 03-08-2006, 05:15 AM   #3
    Weber
    (female)

Weber HB User

well i really thought i would get some help from the spiro users...i guess not..you know i am hurting just as much as the rest of you and would appreciate a little support. i try to help out as much as i can.

Old 03-08-2006, 09:11 AM   #4
    caliente
    Veteran
    (female)

caliente HB User

i've never been on spiro, but i do know how you are feeling. i'm just starting out with prescriptions and have been on clindamycin for nearly two months. its not doing anything at all.

i would like to try spiro, but i really dont think my doctor would give it to me yet.

Old 03-08-2006, 10:08 AM   #5
    mommaoftwinsplus1
    Veteran
    (female)

mommaoftwinsplus1 HB Usermommaoftwinsplus1 HB User

Hey Weber,
    I have been on Spiro for about 2 and a half months now. First I was on 25 mg a day. I saw some improvement. Then my derm switched me to 50 mg a day. She also put me on a low dose birth control pill. I have seen a huge improvemnet. I would say about a 75% improvement. And for those of us that suffer with acne that is a pretty good improvement. I am going back to the derm for a follow up on March 17th, I am hoping she will move me up to 75 or 100 mg. Also I have also just been using dove soap on my skin and a light oil free moisturizer. I do not use all the bp products and toners anymore. My skin is much less irritated. Hope this helps you!!

Mommaoftwinsplus1

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Closed Thread