It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• A Change that made the Aspirin mask work!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-17-2006, 10:58 AM   #1
    Michellala

Michellala HB User
    Talking A Change that made the Aspirin mask work!

After using clindamycin for months and nothing I decided that my acne is simly not bacterial. Also, retin-a which strips your outer skin layers has been the only thing that ever worked for me. So... my acne is because my skin cells shed way too fast and clog my pores which breaks me out.

Since retin-a wont work anymore I read about salicylic acid. Benzoyl peroxide like antibiotics triggers bacteria so I figured that it wouldn't help as much either. Sure enough salicylic acid is good for clearing up skin cells that are shedding too quickly. In addition, we all know that the reason why the aspirin mask works is because it's related to salicylic acid.

I used the mask before but with water and it didn't do much. I decided to get some 2% salicylic acid pads and witch hazel. I now use the pads whenever I wakeup or after working out after washing my face. I use the witch hazel instead of water for the mask- and this is every night. I have seen AMAZING results so far! It's wonderful!!!

I also started being careful around the sun because the rays also promote skin cells shedding- which I'm convinced is the cause of my acne.

I'm so incredibly pleased with the results- I've even stopped wearing makeup. Although my makeup wasn't pore clogging it's still helpful to not wear any at all anyway.

My advice, look at what worked and what hasn't. If antibiotics have worked for you before I suggest the clear skin regimen or proactiv which are both based on benzoyl peroxide. If retin-a or something similar worked and you find yourself breaking out more after getting some sun- your problem might just be skin cells clogging up your pores.

THANK YOU:
    Aspirin mask with witch hazel
    noxzema 2% salicylic acid pads (although Biore has a toner with salicylic acid I'd try too)
    not wearing makeup anymore!
    spf oil-free coppertone
    the pill (just finished month 2, so I dont completely think that the pill is even helping my skin yet)

Good Luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-18-2006, 02:21 AM   #2
    kHan artist
    (male)

kHan artist HB User
    Re: A Change that made the Aspirin mask work!

How long have you been doing the mask?

Old 03-18-2006, 07:39 AM   #3
    Michellala

Michellala HB User

My first day was on Monday, I've been doing it every night. The results are amazing! In fact, I wokeup today to do it in the morning because I fell asleep last night and my skin looks WOW! I have no big pimples, only little ones that are drying out and going away. I think my success also has to do with the fact that I'm using 2% salicylic acid noxema pads with the aspirin mask.

I've also stopped putting on makeup, wear suncreen when in the sun, and about to start month 3 on the birth control.

Old 07-22-2011, 02:30 PM   #4
    mysonrocks
    (female)

mysonrocks HB User

Can you make your own ASA mask with ground aspirin an Witchhazel?

Closed Thread