It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• 6 month Aspirin Report...

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-05-2006, 10:01 PM   #1
    TKK3
    (female)

TKK3 HB User
    6 month Aspirin Report...

I can't believe it has been 6 months! I used to be on this board several times a day! Now I haven't logged on for a few months!

I just wanted to let everyone know that my skin is still as clear and beautiful as ever after having started the Aspirin mask 6 months ago! Real quick, my typical routine is:

Shower in the morning, using whichever soap I have, usually a gel and a scrubby cloth/wash cloth.
    After shower, I put on a thin layer of benzyl Peroxide (NEVER helped my acne before I started with the Aspirin mask, but somehow it works in conjunction with the aspirin to keep me completely clear!). I usually only use BP at night or a few times a week because it bleaches all my clothes and that's all I need it.

After applying BP, I pour some regular, non-coated aspirin in a small bowl and sprinkle them with warm water. It only takes a few minutes for them to dissolve, then I add enough water to make a paste that is not too dry.

I cover all the problem areas with the aspirin, just rubbing it on in a thin layer (and I had acne everywhere, my back, arms, shoulders, chest, etc.)

It usually takes about 10 minutes to dry (it flakes off when dry and can be a big mess). When it is dry, I stand in the shower (not running) and rub the excess off. I leave whatever is left on under my clothes rather than washing it completely off. I feel like this helps.

And that is it. Sooooooo cheap and sooooo easy! It has completely stopped my acne that I have had for 14 years! I still will get a few cystic spots during my period on my face (which drives me crazy!), but have recently started using the Aztec Indian Healing Clay again as a mask and it has just about cured me of the cysts (in combination with the aspirin mask). I am a very happy girl and feel totally confident wearing a black strapless tomorrow night to a concert!

So, here are the side effects: It is messy (helps to rub off the excess in the shower and then just rinse it down the drain), It tends to dry my skin so I worry about wrinking and am considering some different moisturizers to help combat this. That's it, no other side effects! SOOOO nice!

Anyway, I know it is not for everyone, but hope it helps someone!

The following user gives a hug of support to TKK3:
    nychol22 (08-07-2011)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-06-2006, 12:52 PM   #2
    kHan artist
    (male)

kHan artist HB User
    Re: 6 month Aspirin Report...

Glad to hear about your success with the mask. A couple questions:

1) What brand of non-coated aspirin do you use? from where?
    2) Were your most problematic areas on your body or face? Did the mask help with both? (I ask because it seems like you were dealing more with body acne than face acne.)
    3) How much time did it take for you to notice your results after daily use? Did you get worse at first?

Sorry to bother you with so many questions but I'm going to pick up non-coated aspirin as soon as i find where i can get it. This mask offers only benefits with very few drawbacks. It sounds like a very promising treatment.

I wish you continued success!!

Last edited by kHan artist; 04-06-2006 at 12:54 PM.

Old 04-07-2006, 04:22 PM   #3
    TKK3
    (female)

TKK3 HB User

You can get non-coated aspirin at any store. I have used many brands with the same result. I usually buy the generic brand, such as Target or Walmart.

I noticed amazing results within 1 week of using this product, with absolutely no initial breakout.

I have both facial and body acne but it is different. My body acne consisted of tons of small whiteheads covering my skin with an occasional cyst. My facial acne consisted of mostly cysts in different areas but a lot around my mouth. The aspirin mask has completely banished my body acne and has almost banished my facial acne. The clay mask has helped a lot with my facial acne over the past month, in combination with the aspirin.

Hope that helps! It probably won't work for everyone, but I know a lot of people it has helped! Plus, it involves no risk, including financial. I know how frustrating it is to invest in an expensive regimine only to have it not work. I wish I had all my money back from all the things I have tried! Aspirin only costs about $3.00 per week! Yippee!

Old 04-07-2006, 05:21 PM   #4
    WorriedTeenager
    (male)

WorriedTeenager HB User

Hi,

I'd like to try it but I don't have aspirin? Will any other pills work? I have basically all the rest: Aleve, motrin, advil, tylenol, etc.

Thanks

Old 04-07-2006, 08:44 PM   #5
    kHan artist
    (male)

kHan artist HB User

they may have a minor effect, however, i'd only go with aspirin. Aspirin is acetylsalicylic acid, which is a derivative of salicylic acid ( a proven anti-inflammatory acne fighting ingredient). Motrin (ibuprofen) and Aleve (naproxen) are also antiflammatory drugs but have never been proven to fight acne like salicylic acid. Tylenol (acetaminophen)is not an anti inflammatory.. its only a pain killer.I imagine motrin or aleve may produce some effect due to being anti-inflammatory but aspirin IS the best for targetting acne and the only one people have used with successful results.

Last edited by kHan artist; 04-07-2006 at 08:46 PM.

Old 04-08-2006, 06:08 AM   #6
    Dee74
    (female)

Dee74 HB User
    Exclamation Re: 6 month Aspirin Report...

I've also had MAJOR success with the aspirin. It's been about 7 months or so for me. The only thing is, I don't use it as a mask, I just use it as a scrub every 2 or 3 days. When I used it as a mask, my face got so unbelieveably dry that it cracked when I tried to smile (OW!).. my chest was extremely tight feeling and itched like crazy from the dryness. So, if you have super sensitive skin like me, using it as a mask might be a little too harsh..

I use about 15 aspirin and few drops of water in a little dish and let it soften while I'm showering. After washing, I put my hair up and scrub my face, neck, chest, and back with the aspirin and let it set for about a minute, then rinse off well. This still dries my face and neck out pretty bad (really really sensitive), so lately, I've been using Purpose moisturizer (it's oil free and very light) as soon as I dry off and I use ALOT of moisturizer there. After the moisturizer soaks in well, I dab a bit of benzoil peroxide on the few pimples that I have. In between the scrub days, I just Basis cleansing bar with a washcloth, moisturize lightly, and then the benzoil peroxide on the pimples only.

I've had some form or other of acne since I was in 2nd grade (I'm 31 now) and this is the first time in YEARS that I have it even close to being under control. I've had the cysts, the tiny pimples, the bright red zits, you name it, on my face, neck, and back.. Now I only get the tiny pimples on my face.. maybe 3 or 4 at a time as opposed to 20 or 30 at a time. I haven't had a cyst on my face since I started doing the aspirin scrub. I do still have a few small pimples on my back and chest, but it's because I sweat alot at night (still trying to figure out why). Other than that, I'm pretty clear.

If I could only get rid of the red scars and the few pitted ones, I wouldn't need makeup anymore

Old 04-08-2006, 07:26 AM   #7
    Afterglow
    (female)

Afterglow HB User

Dee, have you tried Silkia Camellia Oil for the red marks and indentations? My skin was like yours from the time I was 10 until I was 30. Nothing helped until, when I was 30, I started using rubbing alcohol (the plain ole 70% isopropyl kind) 4-5-6-7 times a day. That stopped the breakouts. On weekdays, I use it at least twice before putting on makeup in the morning (when I first get up and again before putting on makeup), during lunch (I have to re-apply the foundation) and at least 4-5 times between when I get home from work and when I go to bed. On weekends, I use it every 2-3 hours. I use it on my face, neck, chest, back stomach and arms. At the age of 60, I still have very oily skin (which is probably why it doesn't look like you'd imagine it might after using rubbing alcohol so much and for so long) but I haven't had any breakouts for the past 30 years.

But I'm getting sidetracked. Last year, I started using Epidermx and really like it. Then I read about the aspirin mask and have loved how it's made my skin look and feel (comparable to Epidermx). But the biggest surprise has been Silkia Camellia Oil! I've never used a moisturizer or anything like that because I hate the feeling of anything on my oily skin. However, the Silkia has been a godsend. It's evened out my skin tone and has filled in some of the indentations. It absorbs into my skin quickly and doesn't leave an oily residue.

There are different qualities of camellia oil and the Silkia is the best. Try it and I guarantee you'll be as happy as I am!

Last edited by Afterglow; 04-08-2006 at 07:29 AM.

Old 04-08-2006, 10:00 AM   #8
    desireegx
    (female)

desireegx HB User

Oh boy I have to say the Silkia camellia oil is fabulous. I also used Epidermx for some time but my acne indentations didn't seem to improve a whole lot until I added the Silkia. I love the way it makes my skin feel.

Old 04-08-2006, 01:07 PM   #9
    Dee74
    (female)

Dee74 HB User

Hmmm, nope I haven't tried the Silkia yet. I've just started using the Purpose moisturizer in the last month along with the aspirin scrub (which as you can tell, I totally swear by lol) and it's made a huge difference in how my skin feels, and it's not breaking me out at all either.. it's just not doing anything whatsoever for my scarring. My entire face is covered in red spots and it's just a very weird texture now. I hate it SO much.

So, the Silkia oil doesn't clog your pores? Where do you get it and how often do you use it?

Old 04-08-2006, 02:25 PM   #10
    Afterglow
    (female)

Afterglow HB User

No, it doesn't clog my pores at all. If you read the posts on the Acne board, you'll see that even teenagers with skin problems praise it. This board's rules don't allow me to post where I buy it but, if you do a web search for"silkia camellia oil" you'll probably find it easily. I use it morning and night.

Old 04-10-2006, 11:00 AM   #11
    Dee74
    (female)

Dee74 HB User

Thank you.. I'll definately do a search for it

Old 04-10-2006, 02:39 PM   #12
    Hitmen
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Hitmen HB User

So what is the better option...using the mask as a scrub or mask? How many aspirin should be used to make a mask/scrub and how often should this be done per week?
    Thank you!

Old 04-10-2006, 06:08 PM   #13
    lindanm
    Inactive

lindanm HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hitmen
    So what is the better option...using the mask as a scrub or mask? How many aspirin should be used to make a mask/scrub and how often should this be done per week?
    Thank you!
    I think leaving it on does the most good, but it can be drying and it's also messy since it dries to a fine powder that doesn't stick and will make you sneeze. That's why I tend to use it as a scrub in the shower. It's faster too.

How much depends on where all you plan to use it. I do my whole upper body and so probably use 10-12 tablets.

Old 04-11-2006, 03:12 PM   #14
    KimC2005
    (female)

KimC2005 HB User

Many people that use the aspirin as a mask mix it with Queen Helene's Mint Julepe Mask and leave it on for 20 minutes. Has anyone used it with coated aspirin??

Old 04-12-2006, 06:31 PM   #15
    wolf25
    (female)

wolf25 HB User

hi there-where do i get the aspirin mask "recipe" from??? thanks

Closed Thread