It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Bleaching your face... to lighten skin tone? Good idea?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-12-2003, 02:21 PM   #1
    *Daniel*

*Daniel* HB User
    Question Bleaching your face... to lighten skin tone? Good idea?

Ok... I am african american guy whith medium brown skin... well on my body... I used to have it on my face but my skin on my face is 2 shades darker than the rest of my body & it looks very ugly like that.. I want my face to shine & look young again but I have had acne for 5 years & now that it's stopped... it left my face with healed scars and hyperpigmentation & it looks horrible! Even now that it's gone... it still left damage..... Some of my friends had said bleaching my face... will make it normalise to it's original color! Also I read that it helps alot on another messageboard! Here's what a poster had to say about it!

Here are some bleaching creams that really work on black skin. I'm speaking from experience. Try TOPICLEAR, AFRICAN FORMULA or FAIR AND WHITE( EXTRA STRENGTH). These work really fast especially the last one. If your natural skin tone is very dark then you might not get any results, but if you are medium brown to light skinned, you will get results. You will start seeing progress after a few days to a week after using these creams properly. Guaranteed! They work for me, so I hope they will help you. You can get these on the internet or in any beauty supply store and they are way less than $10.00. Good luck. These products do have hydroquinone but in very small doses. They won't damage your skin and in little time you'll see results. Why go natural and wait forever to see any results????
    Okay fine!
    You can search for bleaching products with Kojiic Acid. This is natural and should be just as good as hydroquinone. Search the net or call your beauty supply store and ask for a skin bleach with that ingredient.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-12-2003, 02:59 PM   #2
    Moonique

Moonique HB User
    well i don't know...
    i would avoid anything with hydroq. in it,
    even if it's in small doses.
    Be very very carefull.
    If you mess your face up there is no turning back.
    try natural stuff like
    sheabutter or cocaobutter and give your face time to heal.
    I don't know much about bleaching..it's scary to me.
    It's very easy to overbleach.
    I wish you all the luck in the world to solve your problem.

Old 06-12-2003, 04:49 PM   #3
    linnybee428
    Veteran

linnybee428 HB User
    If your skin looks totally darker than the rest of you, I'd leave the bleaching in the hands of a doctor. Go to a derm and see what she has to say about it.

Old 06-12-2003, 06:25 PM   #4
    *Daniel*

*Daniel* HB User
    It's not way darker.... in some mirrors it looks good like if it has an orange lightening sorta... it kinda matches my skin tone but any other mirror... you can see that it's darker. We went to a dermatologist like 2 years back... but she kept giving us stuff that didn't seem to work for me & it just seemed to be wasting my mothers money so she vowed not to ever bring me to a dermatologist.... But I didn't even know half the stuff on acne as I do now. My face just looks dead & unlively compared to the rest of my smooth body! Also... how can you over bleach??

Old 06-12-2003, 06:56 PM   #5
    bk13

bk13 HB User
    Use an AHA product first. AHA's is more suitable for African American skin.

Old 06-12-2003, 08:02 PM   #6
    JackLucifur

JackLucifur HB User
    why would u want to bleach your skin to make yourself "whiter"? youre black/african american, you are supposed to be dark/black/brown.

i dont get it.

Old 06-12-2003, 08:25 PM   #7
    Mandilyn
    (female)

Mandilyn HB User
    I know exactly what your talking about cause Im light skinned brown myself. I had that problem and it went away in like 3 months after when I stopped using all those acne gels/creams that the derm gave me. Because Some acne gels/creams can actually make colored skin look darker. (my derm told me this and I found out from experience) If you use alot of natural skin LOTIONS on your skin it will go away naturally before you even know it, I do not think you need to bleach your skin because then I think it will make your face lighter than your body. but if you want to you can, but just know when to stop. You can also try Neutrogena healthy Skin lotion with spf 15, I use that and so does my friend and it brings my skin back to life also making my skin more even toned quicker. I am never gonna use any topical acne creams/gels that the derm gives me because it way to harsh on colored skin (unless I have a really bad breakout). personally I like proactiv solution cause it dosent ruin my skin tone but gives me great results. well good luck!

Old 06-12-2003, 08:40 PM   #8
    Mandilyn
    (female)

Mandilyn HB User
    JackLucifur,
    He does not want to make himself look white. colored skin can not handle all those acne creams and gels, and it makes colored skin look lifeless, DARKER and a very ugly skin tone that does not look natural. he is just trying to get back his natural brown skin tone because all those creams that he put on his face when he did have acne made his skin look darker and lifeless ( it happened to me). But all he really needs is to just moisturize his face with a lotion each day that is not so harsh on his skin. Maybe he could use a little lightening cream that could lighten his face. but stop using it when it reaches back to his normal tone. proactiv has a good lightening cream. I also know another one for colored skin I just cant member the website right now.

Old 06-13-2003, 07:02 AM   #9
    Sahuja
    Inactive

Sahuja HB User
    Try Neutrogena Healthy skin lotion. Has AHA in it. I also have medium toned skin which just gets dull with acne and splotches. My skin brightened up a LOT in a couple weeks after using this

Closed Thread