It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Aspirin Mask update...

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-22-2006, 01:25 PM   #1
    TKK3
    (female)

TKK3 HB User
    Aspirin Mask update...

It has been 9 months since I started using the aspirin mask and I am consistently clear still. I had all over body acne and face acne, both cystic and white heads/black heads. Now I use BP lotion one time a day and use the aspirin mask 1-2 times per day and I have no acne. The only side effect is my skin is dry. I am currently seeking a moisturizer to combat this that will not cause my acne to return.

Just wanted to let everyone know!

Oh, and this is my regimen:

I dissolve a small bowl full of non-coated aspirin with some warm water. When it is paste consistency, I rub it all over the affected areas and let it dry. It normally takes about 10 minutes to dry. When it is dry, it flakes off. I stand in the shower with it off and rub all the excess aspirin off my skin. I then leave the remnant powder on. I then put moisturizer on over it and wear makeup as normal.

Good Luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-23-2006, 12:31 PM   #2
    ishi
    (female)

ishi HB User
    Re: Aspirin Mask update...

Hi

I know you are supposed to use uncoated aspirin.....i unfortunately couldn't find uncoated ones at the drug store, so I got chewable aspirin..is it the same thing you were talking about??

Old 07-23-2006, 02:16 PM   #3
    Skoobi
    (female)

Skoobi HB User

Thanks for the update TKK3.

I am on week 1 of using the aspirin mask daily on my body. My face has been wonderful since I started Oil of Olay Regenerist products. So far so good on the aspirin mask ( adult onset acne on my face, back arms and chest...any sometime buttocks...) I really like how it exfoliates.

ishi, I couldn't find uncoated either. But I bought a bottle any way. I'm not sure if it matters or if it just makes it more grainy.

Old 07-24-2006, 06:32 AM   #4
    lindanm
    Inactive

lindanm HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ishi
    Hi

I know you are supposed to use uncoated aspirin.....i unfortunately couldn't find uncoated ones at the drug store, so I got chewable aspirin..is it the same thing you were talking about??
    Then look for microcoated. Most drugstores and other chains should have their own store brand in giant bottles.

Old 10-27-2006, 11:37 AM   #5
    Ornament
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Ornament HB User

Bumping this one up, it really can make a difference.....

Old 10-28-2006, 01:05 AM   #6
    kHan artist
    (male)

kHan artist HB User

It makes my skin much redder making me think its too harsh for my skin. I would dissolve only the aspirin tablets and put it directly on my face. How can I make this mask less irritating to my skin?

Old 10-28-2006, 06:32 AM   #7
    Dee74
    (female)

Dee74 HB User
    Exclamation Re: Aspirin Mask update...

I started out using the aspirin only as a scrub.. not as a mask.. simply because of the flaky dryness it caused, but, I'm now able to use it as a mask without problems. The key is definately a good moisturizer.
    I have a weird issue with my facial skin.. it's insanely oily, yet, so sensitive that everything dries out the surface layer. So, picture a shiny, oily, flaky face lol and you get the old me. I'm also very very acne prone.. practically everything breaks me out. For the past few months, I've been using a moisturizer called Purpose dual treatment moisture lotion.. It's completely oil-free and also has SPF 15 protection - it's a pump bottle and I only use one pump for my face and neck area (it's around $9-ish, but one bottle lasts me roughly 4 months).

Seriously.. it's reaaaally good stuff and it doesn't leave me all oily feeling or anything like all other moisturizers I've tried. I've been using it religiously morning and night and have no problems with it whatsoever. It's the only moisturizer I've ever used that hasn't caused breakouts. The true test was making it through the summer without looking like a greasy pizza and I made it through wonderfully!

Last edited by Dee74; 10-28-2006 at 06:34 AM.

Old 10-29-2006, 01:11 PM   #8
    Zitful Delight
    (male)

Zitful Delight HB User

sorry for not reading the above posts but i keep seeing aspirin mask topics, can someone tell me what an asperin mask is?? how do you make them and are they really effective??

Old 10-29-2006, 04:47 PM   #9
    Whisper30
    (female)

Whisper30 HB User

To make the aspirin mask less harsh (and in my experience, much more effective) do the following:

Take 4-5 aspirin (uncoated/microcoated); dissolve in 1 tsp of plain whole milk yogurt (just put them in and wait about 4-5minuts then mix with a spoon); finally to this thick mix, add a few drops of honey and about 1/2 to 1 tsp. of white sugar.

Apply the mixture and wait till it dries -- rinse off with cool water (no need to scrub).

Old 10-30-2006, 09:44 AM   #10
    Ornament
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Ornament HB User

Whisper30 - how often, do you use this mask???? : -Orn

Old 10-30-2006, 09:45 AM   #11
    Ornament
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Ornament HB User

Dee74 - where do you purchase Purpose dual-treatment moisture lotion??? -Orn

Last edited by Ornament; 10-30-2006 at 09:45 AM.

Old 10-30-2006, 11:34 AM   #12
    Dee74
    (female)

Dee74 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ornament
    Dee74 - where do you purchase Purpose dual-treatment moisture lotion??? -Orn

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post exactly where, but I'll take a chance I usually buy it at Rite Aid pharmacy, but, I've also seen it at Wal-Mart and Walgreens..

Old 10-30-2006, 11:36 AM   #13
    Ornament
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Ornament HB User

Just found it online for $8.99 for a 4oz. bottle...Thankx, -Orn

Old 10-31-2006, 07:16 PM   #14
    Imjustakiid
    (male)

Imjustakiid HB User

ive read on other websites that the aspirins they use are coated. is there a difference between the coated and the non-coated?

Old 11-01-2006, 03:45 AM   #15
    Dee74
    (female)

Dee74 HB User
    Exclamation Re: Aspirin Mask update...

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Imjustakiid
    ive read on other websites that the aspirins they use are coated. is there a difference between the coated and the non-coated?
    Hmmmm.. Everyone had always told me to use non-coated.. or at the most, very lightly coated. Anyway.. From my own experience, the coated aspirin do not instantly start to dissolve after adding a few drops of water as the non-coated aspirin do (no need to crush non-coated.. just a few drops of water and you're good to go). The lightly coated tablets DO dissolve, but it takes a little longer and the end result seems to be more mushy instead of a scrub-like texture (at least to me it does).

Hope that helped

Closed Thread