It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• initial breakout w/spiro?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-29-2006, 03:30 PM   #1
    calially22

calially22 HB User
    initial breakout w/spiro?

Did any spiro users have an initial breakout of acne that was worse than when you started taking it? If so, how long did it take to clear up? I was taking Yasmin for my (thought to be hormonal) acne. It caused a HUGE, awful breakout from head to chest. However, after about the 3rd day of taking it, I was really sick and having all kinds of problems from the pill. So.. we're thinking Spiro now.. Any advice is appreciated! Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-29-2006, 03:44 PM   #2
    LisaMarie982001
    (female)

LisaMarie982001 HB User
    Re: initial breakout w/spiro?

CAn I ask you how long you took yasmin? I have been on it for about 3 weeks and am also taking spiro (10th day) and doxy for about a month and predinose off and on for about 2 weeks. I was taking alesse and broke out sooo bad so I started taking yasmin hearing that it was the best pill for acne. I am concerned be/c my acne is at it's worst (worst breakout ever) and I don't know if my the yasmin is just as bad as the alesse you know if maybe the yasmin is having the same affect on me i dont know I am just worried. I don't know if it is the yasmin or if it's just an intial breakout. So maybe it could be from the spiro or doxy I just dont know. I hve heard that spiro doesn't give you an inital breakout though so I dont know. Does anyone know about yasmin?

Old 07-29-2006, 04:35 PM   #3
    calially22

calially22 HB User

I only took the Yasmin for 3 days. I only quit taking it bc of me being dizzy and sick at my stomach. I couldn't really hold my head up and function. My breakout was at its worst EVER within 2 days of taking this pill!

Old 07-29-2006, 04:46 PM   #4
    LisaMarie982001
    (female)

LisaMarie982001 HB User

Do you really think that it was the bc pill though? I'm sorry I am just very worried that this pill is doing the same thing to me that the alesse did. What bc pill are you taking now?

Old 07-29-2006, 05:32 PM   #5
    calially22

calially22 HB User

I am certain the pill caused the breakout to be so bad (It's almost gone now.. back to my normal state), and I am certain the pill is what made me so ill bc the morning after I stopped the pills, I've been well. Once I told everyone in my family about how sick I got, my mom and her sisters were telling me about how they can't take BC pills bc of the same type of effects. They finally found a very low dose for my mom years ago, that she was able to take for 1 year. Soo.. I'm not trying anything new right now. I don't really have time to experiment at the moment and be inconvenienced by awful side effects where I can't work or attend my classes. I decided to wait later on since I was only on BC for acne and not for contraceptive purposes.

Closed Thread