It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Did anyone get an initial breakout from doxycycl?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-29-2006, 04:17 PM   #1
    LisaMarie982001
    (female)

LisaMarie982001 HB User
    Did anyone get an initial breakout from doxycycl?

I have been taking doxy 100mgs per day for a little over a month and spiro for 10 days and yasmin for almost 3 week. I heard there is no initial breakout from spiro so I am trying to figure out maybe what is going on. The reason for my bad acne now is from my birth control pill alesse. So I have stopped taking that and am now on yasmin for 3 weeks. My acne has become worse. All along my jaw and month I have major acne. And from what I have been noticing is that the jawline and month is usually from hormones. So I was thinking that maybe the yasmin is just not good for me like the alesse. I was thinking of going back on othro cyclen (spelling?) be/c I know I didn't break out on it but had major mood swings. So I wanted to know if anyone had an intial breakout from doxy be/c then I can see what is maybe causing the problem. Be/c if people didn't then it's more likely that it is the bc pill. Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-29-2006, 06:09 PM   #2
    jillr
    (female)

jillr HB User
    Re: Did anyone get an initial breakout from doxycycl?

I was on it for a while and it cleared me up with no initial breakout.

Old 07-29-2006, 07:04 PM   #3
    babygirl2005_21
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

babygirl2005_21 HB User

So you didn't have acne until you quit taking Allesse? Cause if that is your case that is what happened to me too. I am now on Yasmin and I really like it. No weight gain which is what I was looking for in a pill. As far as the Doxy yeah there is an initial breakout. You are probably right into it now. It should pass within another 2 weeks and you will start clearing up. I have taken Doxy for 2 yrs. and had wonderful results but now I have to get off of it.

Old 07-29-2006, 07:05 PM   #4
    babygirl2005_21
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

babygirl2005_21 HB User

So you didn't have acne until you quit taking Allesse? Cause if that is your case that is what happened to me too. I am now on Yasmin and I really like it. No weight gain which is what I was looking for in a pill. As far as the Doxy yeah there is an initial breakout. You are probably right into it now. It should pass within another 2 weeks and you will start clearing up. I have taken Doxy for 2 yrs. and had wonderful results but now I have to get off of it.

Old 07-29-2006, 07:05 PM   #5
    babygirl2005_21
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

babygirl2005_21 HB User

Closed Thread