It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Growth stunt and acne?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-29-2006, 08:00 PM   #1
    Redneck Joe
    (male)

Redneck Joe HB User
    Growth stunt and acne?

Something has come to mind lately. I haven't grown at all and developed very little since I was 14, which was over 3 years ago. And the funniest thing is that's when my acne started to show up. Age 14 was my last year of major development. Since then, the only real development I've had is getting body hair, and even that isn't all that much. Yet my acne remains.

I am thinking that I have some sort of hormone problem. Despite the fact that my hormones must be raging enough to cause acne, the hormones must not be working because I haven't grown in so long.

Any thoughts?

(btw, I was on Accutane from February 21st to August 15th, and it worked well, but since getting off accutane, my acne seems to be coming back).

Last edited by Redneck Joe; 08-29-2006 at 08:02 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-29-2006, 08:03 PM   #2
    Redneck Joe
    (male)

Redneck Joe HB User
    Re: Growth stunt and acne?

By the way, I was on accutane from February 21st to August 15th, and it worked great, but when I finished using it, my acne started to come back within 2 days or so.

Old 08-29-2006, 08:42 PM   #3
    Jacksonki
    (male)

Jacksonki HB User

You're 17 years old, I'm sorry to say but nearly everyone at your age untell around 20-26, depending on genes and whatnot will get acne, sadly people after their mid 20's still have it due to other problems, but with growing and all, thats just genes and it could be a number of factors. Such as, how you take care of yourself and what not. I don't even know why you went on accutane at the age of 17 is beyond me.

Old 08-29-2006, 08:53 PM   #4
    DiscoDan
    (male)

DiscoDan HB User

Hmm, well I don't have a professional opinion on the matter really, though you might have something. I haven't really grown any since 8th grade (i'm a senior now) and that was the year I started getting acne. Of course it could just be because that's when you go through the puberty and stuff, but who knows about the growth stunt idea. There's a theory that skinny people have acne worse than fat people, too, which I tend to agree with. Maybe high metabolism can also be a contributing factor?

The good news is, I think my acne might not be as intense as it used to be, so there's still hope for that "growing out of it" day...

Closed Thread