It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Yasmin For acne?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-01-2006, 05:25 PM   #1
    BellaPc
    (female)

BellaPc HB User
    Yasmin For acne?

Please Post experiences you have had with Using Yasmin? Did you notice a difference in your skin?? Did it help clear your skin or atleast make your breakouts less severe? Was there an initial breakout? How long did it take to notice a difference..... etc.... Post experiences please

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-02-2006, 01:36 PM   #2
    KT87
    (female)

KT87 HB User
    Talking Re: Yasmin For acne?

I'm just about to finish my first pack and I haven't had any complaints. My dermatologist said that it takes about 3 months to see the full effects of it, but so far I haven't broken out really bad, and I usually do before I get my period. Also, I have extremely oily skin and I've noticed that Yasmin has improved that for me already.

My friend has been on it for a while now, and she used to have moderate-severe acne and her skin is absolutely flawless! So I have high hopes for this to work!

Old 09-03-2006, 05:46 PM   #3
    annafcolbrie
    (female)

annafcolbrie HB User
    Re: Yasmin For acne?

I'm on my third month of Yasmin. Before I started Yasmin my derm put me on Augmentin ( antiobiotics ) and that had cleared me up pretty good until I started with yasmin. I have had horrible breakouts all along my jawline and down my neck. Now, I had the same type of persistent breakout with OTC so I think I'm just not doing well with BC. I prefer not to be on any BC but because I have started Accutane I need to be.
    During the past 2 months I've also been very tired. But I don't know if that's been because of the Augmentin or Yasmin. I stopped taking Augmentin a week ago and I'm wondering if my energy is not slowly coming back....I'm not sure yet.
    Anyway, I've heard a lot of people have had success with yasmin so it's worth a try.
    Good luck!

Old 09-03-2006, 07:22 PM   #4
    BellaPc
    (female)

BellaPc HB User

Thanks for the replies... I just got off augmentin in the beg of august I was on it for like 3 months and it help but very very minimally soo my derm switched me to doxy and I am starting my 2nd month of doxy and before Yasmin I was on desogen and it is making me break out b/c this past week I was on my sugar pills and my face is clearing up sooo much but during the 3 weeks I was taking the hormones my face was a MESS!! So my derm suggested Yasmin he said its the best for acne so I started taking it tonight...soo I guess I will have to wait and see how it goes But I dunno if I should have high hopes since I just figured out it was the BC adding to all my acne so I have a feeling any BC pill will just do the same thing as the desogen did and Mircette....Right now all I keep telling myself is less then a month until I will be on accutane and if it was up to me I would stop BC too but now I can't do that since my derm has chosen for me to go on accutane... so I am trying to wait out this last month and praying I might see a slight improvement??? instead of a huge mess of breakouts that I have been seeing.... so I can have some relief before the accutane plunge...

**Anyone Else Feel free to post experiences the more the better**
    Thanks

Old 09-05-2006, 03:44 AM   #5
    TinkerBelle81
    (female)

TinkerBelle81 HB User

i tried using yasmin for around 1.5 months and it has made my acne worse so i stopped it right away even before finishing my 2nd cycle.
    i have used diane35 before and i didn't have any break outs while on it. so personally i would recommend diane and not yasmin although yasmin might work well for other people..

Old 09-05-2006, 05:52 AM   #6
    BellaPc
    (female)

BellaPc HB User

How soon did u notice Yasmin was making your sking worse so far I have been on it for 2-days and no change?

Old 09-05-2006, 06:25 AM   #7
    annafcolbrie
    (female)

annafcolbrie HB User

I don't remember exactly when it started for me but I would like to say it was pretty soon after starting. I'm sure I felt it get worse the first few days ( but I don't remember how bad it was ) already and it continued from there.

Old 09-12-2006, 05:01 AM   #8
    Billi-Gene
    (female)

Billi-Gene HB User

I have been using Diane on and off since I was about 16 (I am now 33). It never really cleared my skin up completely but it did make a difference. Some months were better and some months were worse. This last year my skin has been more better than worse but it could also be due to my age. Unfortunately Diane has made me put on about 6kg and my hair is so thin now. I heard about Yasmin and decided to try it to see if if would help with the weight. After about 12 days of taking Yasmin my skin got really bad so I stopped right away. Maybe it would have got better after a while but it was not worth the risk. So I'm back on Diane. Just wish that there was something else I could take because the hair loss, pigmentation and weight gain are starting to affect my self confidence. But I will just be happy to have okay skin for now.

Last edited by Billi-Gene; 09-12-2006 at 08:29 PM.

Old 09-19-2006, 10:39 AM   #9
    jen52983
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

jen52983 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by BellaPc
    Please Post experiences you have had with Using Yasmin? Did you notice a difference in your skin?? Did it help clear your skin or atleast make your breakouts less severe? Was there an initial breakout? How long did it take to notice a difference..... etc.... Post experiences please
    I'm on my second pack of Yasmin. My experiece has been good over all. As far as acne though, I haven't noticed much of a difference personally. I usually tend to have a small break-out during pms. Yasmin hasn't seemed to effect it for better, or for worse. We'll see if anything changes in the next month or so!

Old 10-03-2006, 08:18 AM   #10
    1nceagain
    (female)

1nceagain HB User

I just finished my second pack of yasmin today and as far as acne, it might be a little better, but it is nowhere near what I had wanted. I still get some cysts along my jawline and random pimples elsewhere. I guess I don't have as many, but right now for example, I have 2 small cysts on the right side of my jawline and 1 small pimple on the left side. Like I said, it's not horrible, but not great. I still have red marks from old breakouts also. Is there anyone who had to take yasmin for longer than 2 months before seeing great results or is this as good as it's gonna get for me? Also, I have heard of over the counter peels for red marks from old breakouts, what is the best kind and what kind of results should I expect? My face also gets really dry in the winter and I stopped using a moisterizer which seems to have helped the oil not be as bad. It always seems to be the worst (oil and breakouts) when I first start the new pack and then slowly gets better throughout the month. Usually my clearest time is during the sugar pills. Any advice on anything relating to this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Old 12-10-2006, 09:51 PM   #11
    LauraOSU05
    (female)

LauraOSU05 HB User

I haven't been on these boards for awhile b/c my skin has been pretty clear (I am also a busy grad student..ugh). I just want to comment that since January 2006 (almost 1 year), I have been using Yasmin, and I love it! My skin is probably 95-97% clear...I have some whiteheads in the crease of my chin and some blackheads on my nose, but I do not get the 'hormonal' acne around my chin and jawline anymore! My periods are also much lighter and I get no cramps or bloating!

Along with the Yasmin, I am using 3 topicals, so I think the whole combo has really been helping! I use Rosac Cream, BenzaClin, and Differin Cream...

Good luck to everyone trying to find something to help their acne...it is definately all about trial and error, but once you find something that helps, you will be much more confident!

Closed Thread