It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• MY CYSTIC ACNE IS GONE!!! What worked for me!!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-17-2006, 12:06 PM   #1
    HereToHelp00
    (female)

HereToHelp00 HB User
    MY CYSTIC ACNE IS GONE!!! What worked for me!!

I have struggled with acne for over a year now.. the REAL cystic kind, esp on my chin... i got to deprovera shot last year and since then its been out of control. i have tried EVERYTHING, minocycline, differin gel, retin a, proactiv, v-beam and smooth beam laser, yasmin... the only thing i havent tried is accutane and thats just cuz i dont have time for my face to be peeling off for 3 months.... so i finally turned away from dermatology and went down the medical spa road. I went to a spa and they took pics of my face, showed me my sun damage, im 24 by the way... and gave me a consultation.. dont get me wrong it was expensive. but my skin clearing up was my priority. the whole process includes about 3 omnths of treatment once a week. i get europeels, microdermabrasion, the LED light, and the aramis laser. if u have any questions about these procedures feel free to ask, but IT WORKED. after the first peel, my deep red scrars just peeled off my face leaving beautiful healthy skin. It has been 4 weeks and my skin looks like a baby's. I cant tell u how happy I am, i use the belle derm face wash and astringent and am maintaing my new acne free skin.. its really a miracle and i couldnt wait to share!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-17-2006, 01:31 PM   #2
    Fedupwithit
    (female)

Fedupwithit HB User
    Re: MY CYSTIC ACNE IS GONE!!! What worked for me!!

Would you mind telling a ballpark figure of how much all of this costs? I have been to 3 different derms, and tried all of the topicals, antibiotics, and even accutane. I have been thinking about going to this new aesthetic place that just opened up in town. I think that is the type of treatments that they do.

Old 09-17-2006, 03:26 PM   #3
    HereToHelp00
    (female)

HereToHelp00 HB User

all together it costed a little over $2500... Now I know it sounds like a lot.. but its ALOT of procedures they do. And, Im tellin u, i have been the derm countless times and spent tons of money on perscriptions that just made my skin peel and make me miserable. the peels are great for scars, the dermabrasion also, the laser targets ur sebaceous glands and all the crap in them.. and the led light therapy which i was skeptical about actully makes sense.. if u read about it ull know what im talkin about. i really feel once u have reached the point where the derm hasnt helped a medical spa is a great option... and ill tell u what. id rather spend this much money and get results, cuz in the long run its worth it. esp the laser cuz it helps with wrinkles and collagen production for the future.

Old 09-23-2006, 06:52 PM   #4
    HereToHelp00
    (female)

HereToHelp00 HB User

it really does work and id b happy to answer anyones questions about it.. i just had another appointment today

Old 09-25-2006, 01:28 PM   #5
    sawbuck44
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

sawbuck44 HB Usersawbuck44 HB Usersawbuck44 HB User

I have taken my son to get IPL (Intense Pulse Light) treatment at the spa right at the derm office. It took care of his big cystic acne on his chin. I question, and will ask (third appt is in a couple weeks) why he is breaking out on previously acne free areas like his cheeks. He had one pimple so bad that they shot it with steroids. man, that was like a miracle, the swelling was gone within 24 hours - it was flat! He said it just felt like I was squeezing it (lol, only did that once because I knew there'd be trouble if I kept at it).

So what is the difference between smooth, and v-beam light treatments and the IPL or LED treatment? thanks!

Old 09-25-2006, 07:28 PM   #6
    HereToHelp00
    (female)

HereToHelp00 HB User

well im not a doctor but i can give u an overview about what was told about the diff lasers.... the v beam is for redness more... the pigmentation in the skin. it takes that away. smooth beam stimulated collagen and new skin growth. both werent that great for me. the aramis, which i use now is used to close up the sebaceious glands... what produces the crap in ur pores that clogs them... and the led light therapy takes care of swelling, redness, and bacteria production. sooooo thats a lof of info, but if u look up the diff lasers on the internet they will tel you as well. some offices only offer some procedures. my derm office gave the vbeam and smoothbeam. and the medical spa give the led therapy and the aramis.. sooooo i guess just weigh the options and which one will work best for u. they arent cheap but hey, good skin doesnt come easy to everyone.

Closed Thread

Tags
    differin, minocycline, provera, yasmin