It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Is Anyone Still Using Vitamin A

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-26-2006, 05:38 PM   #1
    juno2003
    Inactive
    (male)

juno2003 HB User
    Is Anyone Still Using Vitamin A

A friend of mine told me that using 50000 iu of vitamin a will clear up acne in 3 or 4months. Please let me know of your experiences using vitamin a. I am seriously thinking about trying it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-28-2006, 05:59 PM   #2
    Ratman
    (male)

Ratman HB User
    Re: Is Anyone Still Using Vitamin A

I take 50,000IU's a day. I think it helps.

Saw my reflection and cried
    So little hope that I died

Old 10-28-2006, 06:12 PM   #3
    juno2003
    Inactive
    (male)

juno2003 HB User

How long have you been using it? Did it reduce you oil level? Thank you for your response.

Old 10-28-2006, 10:20 PM   #4
    blondy2061h
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

blondy2061h HB User

I don't take supplements, but I try and consciously up it in my diet. I take a multivit, and that's it.

Old 10-29-2006, 11:50 PM   #5
    Ratman
    (male)

Ratman HB User

WEEEEELL here's the thing. In May of 2005 I started taking 50,000IU's of vitamin A and Nature's Cure pills. Right away I started noticing a difference. Slowly things started getting better. Then in November of 2005 I added a multivitamin to my routine and by the end of the year I was clear and have been clear since.

So as you can see, I never really tried Vitamin A by itself. There was always at least one or two other things in the equation. AND we have to keep in mind that I was 21 at the time, so it could just be that my skin was naturally clearing up. Although right up until the time I started with the vitamin A and Nature's Cure my skin was still really bad. So it's weird that it would start clearing up so fast naturally, but I guess it could happen.

So long story short, it could be the Vitamin A, it could be all three things, or it could just be that I grew out of it.

However, if you're as desperate as I once was, you probably wouldn't mind popping 3 different types of natural pills each day just to see if it works. I know I still take all three and I don't plan on stopping anytime soon. All I know is I tried the clinical approach. Went through Accutane and a million antibiotics and topicals and none of those worked...and they're unhealthy.

Here's the routine:

In the morning I take the multivitamin, one 25000IU vitamin A pill, one Nature's Cure pill.

At night I take one 25000IU vitamin A pill, and one Nature's Cure pill.

Not to mention I try to eat in a healthy manner. Not to say I don't still eat kinda crappy stuff. And I drink a crapload of water. No soda, no fast food. And I exercise on a somewhat regular basis.

What can I say, acne changed the way I do things. I used to sit on my butt all the time and live off fast food and soda. However, I'm not saying any of this will help. Some people eat like crap and treat their bodies like crap and have great skin. But I don't regret the fact that acne made me start treating myself better.

Whatever you decide to do, good luck. After having really bad acne for almost a decade of my life, I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

Saw my reflection and cried
    So little hope that I died

Old 10-30-2006, 07:31 AM   #6
    juno2003
    Inactive
    (male)

juno2003 HB User

Ratman , thank you that was very helpful.

Closed Thread