It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Severe Adult Acne

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-11-2007, 08:59 PM   #16
    1nceagain
    (female)

1nceagain HB User
    Re: Severe Adult Acne

I didn't read all of the post on here but I didn't see much about yasmin. I had mild acne throughout my teen years but then all of a sudden when I hit my 20's it got out of control. Instead of getting little zits I started getting big painful ugly cysts along my jawline, and I mean like 5-10 on each side of my jaw. From what I had read it sounded like adult acne (which are usually cystic and along the jawline) and that meant it was hormones. The only birth control I was ever on was Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo, which did not help at all. In fact, it could have made it a little worse. So I searched and searched online and found yasmin. At first I was scared because there were probably just as many horror stories as success stories with it just like there are for all of them. So, to make a long story short...I have been on yasmin for 8 months now and my skin has never been so clear. It took about 4 months to really start to clear up, but it worked. Don't get me wrong...my skin is still not perfect, but I never get cysts along my jawline anymore. I get a little zit here and there, but it is nothing...here one day and gone the next. As far as side effect, I have one...clear skin...thats it. I pay $50 a month for it because insurance doesn't cover it but it is so worth it. So I hope that might help someone.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread