It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Do people still find you attractive but you can't!!?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-12-2003, 03:05 PM   #1
    *Daniel*

*Daniel* HB User
    Red face Do people still find you attractive but you can't!!?

This is what's going on with me.... I've gotten some comments from some people & friends that I am very handsome.... non family members.I have mild scarring still and I am wondering..... what.... are you seeing what I am seeing.I often consider myself as unattractive with or without my acne.Yet I still have those people who still seem like they want me! One girl told me she thought I was fine! I don't get it!! Does this happen to you guys? I really don't get what they see in me!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-12-2003, 03:15 PM   #2
    CrazyJoe

CrazyJoe HB User
    my breakouts have stopped quite a bit, and with a bit of concealer I can hide most of the left over marks.

I have been told I was cute even when I had a bad breakout, which really made me happy cause it was a hot girl who told me this.

Now I am pretty clear, I do have alot of acne marks, but its not sever its mild maybe moderate.

I look at the scars alot, and I wonder do people see these marks? like I do? cause I think I look horrible in some lights and angles but I think I look ok in others so I dunno.

I am so confused, my confidence has been shattered ever since I started getting acne 6 years ago, I am grateful that it has stopped 90% but the mental torment will take me a long time to get over.

I think I look ok, others probably don'teven notice your scars like you do, but I knowthey are there.

The only way that I will have my confidence back is if I stop breaking out 100% and get some sort of procedure from a derm to make my skin more even, wearing make-up as a 22 year old guy to cover acne marks is really ****ty, but Id rather do that than have a few red marks.

I am tall, have good hair, and good facial structure, but the damn acne has *** ked up my face and only now I am recovering, its not easy going from broken out all the time, and being looked down on to going to clear and having descent skin, after battling acne for so long my mind, and my face will need to heal from the anguish and self-hatred.

LIFE SUCKS! I have a real problem with confidence cause of acnce/scarring. even though I am naturally handsome.

Old 07-12-2003, 03:22 PM   #3
    senoflys
    (male)

senoflys HB User
    I think that people who don't have acne don't look at people the same way we do (although this isn't always true). We are always looking for those little, or big, imperfections whereas those who never dealt with acne never consider it.

Old 07-12-2003, 09:54 PM   #4
    linnybee428
    Veteran

linnybee428 HB User
    I feel like so many people have some sort of acne scarring these days that it is not that big of a deal. I mean a scar is just a scar as long they don't completely take over your face. And even then I think people can still be good looking, just with bad skin. I bet you really are handsome and just focusing on your flaws. If someone tells you that youre attractive, don't wonder why, accept the compliment!

Old 07-12-2003, 11:32 PM   #5
    butterfly84
    (female)

butterfly84 HB User
    yeah before i had acne i feel like i never really noticed it on anyone! i have scars, but i wear a little bit to cover them up... but also some days i go without makeup.

everyone is attractive, even if they have acne. there is pretty much someone for everyone

Old 07-12-2003, 11:42 PM   #6
    mascara mess

mascara mess HB User
    Daniel, have you ever considered that maybe you really -are- good looking?

You know, most people don't notice your facial flaws as much as you do. Like when I started breaking out bad -i mean bad- after having clear skin for 19yrs i thought i looked like an ogre but people still would compliment me on my looks...but i know how it feels to think you're gross when friends and strangers are saying how attractive you are...makes you think they're lying. I've talked about this with girl and guy friends and both say that they don't notice my breakouts unless i ***** and moan and point them out to them.
    It's kinda like my friend who hates her nose...none of us thought it looked that bad until she started pointing out all its flaws and talking about how ugly it is and how bad it makes her feel all the time.

Old 07-13-2003, 08:51 AM   #7
    poreoilyme
    Senior Veteran

poreoilyme HB User
    I heard a girl just last week complain that she needed Accutane--and seriously! She has a flawless complexion except for one tiny skin colored bump that appeared on her cheek near her ear. The conclusion is that being attractive has to start with your own self-concept.

Old 07-13-2003, 03:25 PM   #8
    DaOutlaw
    (male)

DaOutlaw HB User
    This is a little off topic but has anyone looked at themselves in a car rear view mirror? I catch myself accidently looking at the rear view mirror and it like magnifies my red marks 100x. Is that how we really appear in sunlight?

[This message has been edited by DaOutlaw (edited 07-13-2003).]

[This message has been edited by DaOutlaw (edited 07-13-2003).]

Old 07-13-2003, 03:35 PM   #9
    butterfly84
    (female)

butterfly84 HB User
    Quote:
    Originally posted by poreoilyme:
    I heard a girl just last week complain that she needed Accutane--and seriously! She has a flawless complexion except for one tiny skin colored bump that appeared on her cheek near her ear. The conclusion is that being attractive has to start with your own self-concept.
    yeah one of my friends has what i'd consider, very clear skin... yet she complains all the time "i'm getting a pimple"... and half the time i don't even notice it and say "WHERE?!"...

Old 07-13-2003, 04:05 PM   #10
    buddyguy

buddyguy HB User
    DaOutlaw i know exactly what you mean. I dont know what it is about them that make us look so bad. I guess its prob cause in a car bright sunlight hits you from every angle. Even my forehead looks bad in the rear view mirror and i dont think ive ever had a pimple there.

Old 07-13-2003, 11:40 PM   #11
    spikie

spikie HB User
    so true about the rearview, i hate looking but cannot help it sometimes

Old 07-14-2003, 12:17 AM   #12
    poreoilyme
    Senior Veteran

poreoilyme HB User
    There's something worse--ever look in a mirror at the dentist's office when we they have that little overhead light still on your face? They give you a mirror so you can see what they have just done, but it's distracting to look inside your mouth when you wonder how your skin could look so horrid in their unflattering lighting. I don't even have any breakouts and I went to the dentist last week thinking at last I would look good under that light. They worked on me and gave me a mirror to check my teeth afterward and my skin still didn't look anywhere near as nice as it does in ALL other lighting, even my rearview mirror and dressing room lighting, lol!

Old 07-14-2003, 08:58 AM   #13
    bunny9987
    Veteran
    (female)

bunny9987 HB User
    o my gosh PORE, i hate that dentist light!! lol

Old 07-14-2003, 09:10 AM   #14
    *Daniel*

*Daniel* HB User
    One thing I get frustrated and confused over ya'll!!?? the mirrors for real. Some mirrors make me look great and 90% clear while others show no change. I also found out that orange or yellow lighting usually make me look better in the mirror.You know I was hoping the mirror actually does something to zoom on you more, it probably makes us look worse than what we really are!

Closed Thread