It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Brown Marks caused by Smoothbeam -please help!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-24-2007, 02:52 PM   #1
    rooftoppy1
    (female)

rooftoppy1 HB User
    Exclamation Brown Marks caused by Smoothbeam -please help!

I got a smoothbeam treatment done exactly a month ago and it has left me with crescent-shaped brown marks all over my face. The derm said that it would go away within a few days, but it has been a month and has gotten DARKER. I am told that this is not permanent and does go away with time, but it is showing no signs of change. Could anyone with this experience please post and give me some encouragement that I haven't ruined my face forever?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-25-2007, 08:49 AM   #2
    Barry876
    Inactive
    (male)

Barry876 HB User
    Re: Brown Marks caused by Smoothbeam -please help!

I spoke to someone who got the smoothbeam treatment.
    He said he got a couple of brown marks from the smoothbeam treatment, but they faded away in 2 weeks except one on his right cheek.
    The brown stuff is just on the top layer of your skin so you should be able to get rid of it.
    Since its been a month for you.
    I would go to another derm and get his advice?

Old 02-17-2007, 10:23 PM   #3
    airheadtwirler0
    (female)

airheadtwirler0 HB User

I know hyperpigmentation is one of the possible side effects of smoothbeam, but from my understanding it isn't permanent...unfortunately it may take a while to fade though. If you have the treatment done again, ask your laser tech what settings they are using for the smoothbeam...the lower the setting, the lower the risk for any side effects. I've had 3 treatments of Smoothbeam and they have increased the setting by .5 each time, and my last treatment was at a 10.5. My laser tech said that most of their clients stay at a 10.5 and their clients almost never have any side effects like that.
    Hope that helps!

Old 02-17-2007, 10:58 PM   #4
    LisaMarie982001
    (female)

LisaMarie982001 HB User

I read somewhere online that it can take a couple of months to go away but they will go away. Do some searches on the web thats where i read it.

Old 07-15-2008, 08:38 AM   #5
    maggie88
    (female)

maggie88 HB User

Lisa,

Do you still have the marks on your face that were caused by smoothbeam? The same thing has happened to me and it has been over 2 months?

Old 07-15-2008, 08:41 AM   #6
    maggie88
    (female)

maggie88 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by rooftoppy1 View Post
    I got a smoothbeam treatment done exactly a month ago and it has left me with crescent-shaped brown marks all over my face. The derm said that it would go away within a few days, but it has been a month and has gotten DARKER. I am told that this is not permanent and does go away with time, but it is showing no signs of change. Could anyone with this experience please post and give me some encouragement that I haven't ruined my face forever?

The same thing has happened to me. My doctor is assuring me that it is not permanent but it has been over 2 months. Does anyone know how long it will take to fade or if i should get a chemical peel done?

Old 07-15-2008, 01:00 PM   #7
    Sahuja12
    Veteran
    (female)

Sahuja12 HB User

I advise you to NOT get a peel done on top!!! The pigmentation is cuased by a burn from Smoothbeam..Dont burn it more!! If anything, be gentle to it...

Perhaps, try Azelaic acid. Or anything with Vitamin C. One thing that helps is massaging Palmers Scar Serum with Vitamin E/Cocoa butter. Be gentle, not rough.

If you want a treatment, if you have an Elizabeth Grady salon near you, try the Vitamin C Lightening treatment. Gentle, but $$. One treatment is like $130 or so. But its good...

Old 07-16-2008, 08:40 AM   #8
    maggie88
    (female)

maggie88 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by rooftoppy1 View Post
    The same thing has happened to me? Did the brown marks ever fade? I have been using bleaching cream for 2 months no and no sign of improvements have been made. I would really like to know if this is permanent or with time, will it fade?

Old 07-16-2008, 08:47 AM   #9
    maggie88
    (female)

maggie88 HB User

Sahuja,

Did the same happen to you? Did you get the treatment and did the brown circles appear? if so, how long did it take before it faded?

Old 07-16-2008, 11:31 AM   #10
    Sahuja12
    Veteran
    (female)

Sahuja12 HB User

Hi

I havent gotten smoothbeam burns...But a few months ago I get a big brown burn blotch from overuse of products..Sort of a chemical burn. Its been 2 months and its almost gone. i massaged palmers scar serum into the burn... I took vitamin C supplements (helps skin regeneration). My doc also prescribed Azelex which seems to help.

I have gotten the Vitamin C treatments at elizabeth grady done in the past for sun damaged skin and it did help...

BTW, even Mederma does help. But it itches. I would just massage the palmers scar serum into it several times a day...

Closed Thread