It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• OMG i just dicovered Omega-3 fish oil!!!, the best thing since sliced bread!!!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-21-2007, 04:32 PM   #31
    arsalan88
    (male)

arsalan88 HB User
    Re: OMG i just dicovered Omega-3 fish oil!!!, the best thing since sliced bread!!!

Which one do you guys take? 1000mg, 1200mg, or etc? What brand and mg works the best for you?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-21-2007, 04:41 PM   #32
    arsalan88
    (male)

arsalan88 HB User
    Re: OMG i just dicovered Omega-3 fish oil!!!, the best thing since sliced bread!!!

Which fish oil gives the best results toward the skin? 1000mg, 1200mg, or etc. And what brand is the best? Also What ingredients are the best?

Old 03-22-2007, 05:46 AM   #33
    Peaches26
    (female)

Peaches26 HB User

Ya know, I'm looking at my bottle...and it doesn't say what the mg's are. It's a medium size bottle, has 100 softgels and it's made by Rexall (Name: Flax, Fish, Borage Oil-says it containes Omega 3, 6, 9). It just says to take 3 per day.

Old 03-22-2007, 11:48 AM   #34
    pa43
    (female)

pa43 HB User

Does it still work if I slice open the pill and pour the contents (the fish oil) into a glass of water and then drink it like that? I cannot swallow this insanely large pill! I've tried 5 times.

Old 03-22-2007, 05:26 PM   #35
    arsalan88
    (male)

arsalan88 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Peaches26 View Post
    Ya know, I'm looking at my bottle...and it doesn't say what the mg's are. It's a medium size bottle, has 100 softgels and it's made by Rexall (Name: Flax, Fish, Borage Oil-says it containes Omega 3, 6, 9). It just says to take 3 per day.
    Does this fish oil give you overwhelming results?

Old 03-23-2007, 06:47 AM   #36
    Peaches26
    (female)

Peaches26 HB User

Well, I was only taking 1 per day before...then I stopped for a while when I ran out. Now I'm taking 2 per day and I just started that so to soon to tell. I think the 1 per day helped some if I recall.

Old 03-25-2007, 09:54 PM   #37
    jscm865
    (male)

jscm865 HB User

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS RECOMMENDATION! I came here desperate and I just thought what the heck why not try it. I just happen to find a bottle of seven seas gel caps that had omega 3 with dha and epa. I don't want to jump the gun and have it stop working tommorrw, but for close to 2 weeks now this has drramatically cleared up my acne and allowed me to eat foods I couldnt before. My skin looks better and even when I do get a tiny pimple it goes away very quickly.

Old 03-26-2007, 11:48 AM   #38
    kab44189
    (female)

kab44189 HB User
    Thumbs up Re: OMG i just dicovered Omega-3 fish oil!!!, the best thing since sliced bread!!!

I have started taking Fish Oil and had very good results so far. I take two capsules a day. My skin feels more hydrated, yet less oily. And it seems my breakouts are subsiding as well. Here is the information:

-Kirkland Signature Maximum Strength Enteric Coated (From Costco)
    -1700 mg Concentrated Fish Oil
    -880 mg Omega-3 Fatty Acids per serving.
    -In two soft gels, there are 480 mg EPA and 400 mg DHA

I highly recommend taking Fish Oil. If it doesn’t help your acne, the health benefits are still worth it.

Good Luck

Old 04-13-2007, 09:56 AM   #39
    morgan1981
    (female)

morgan1981 HB User
    Smile Re: OMG i just dicovered Omega-3 fish oil!!!, the best thing since sliced bread!!!

So I came on here looking for some advice to help with my acne. It's not really severe but as a 25 year old, it is very frustrating. I suffered from acne as a teen and was put on accutane. I had great results with the accutane but could not stand the side effects. I was sick for the entire 6 months I was on it. Granted, it worked wonders but when my acne recently resurfaced at 25, I was not willing to just go back on accutane again for fear of dealing with the grueling side effects. So I came on here for some help in finding an alternative. I had gone to the dermatologist and was put on Ziana and a Benzo face wash. All they seem to do was dry out my skin severely and I had never had a problem with dry skin. It did not help with my acne at all and just made me feel worse because not only did I have acne but now my skin was flaky and sore from being so dry. I saw this post about Omega-3 fish oil and thought that it would not hurt to try it, if anything, the health benefits would make it worth it. I have been taking about 3600 mg (1200 mg 3x a day) for the last two weeks and I must say that I have never been happier. I have already noticed a pretty big improvement in my skin. It feels softer, less oily but not dry. Also, some of the redness I had from it being so dry has disappeared. I'm thrilled that something as easy as fish oil has done so much for me. Thanks to the person who originally posted this alternative. You are going to save me a ton of money by not having to keep buying the stuff my dermatologist gave me (which was over $250 by the way!!) and it is so beneficial in so many other ways!
    Thanks so much for making my life just a little bit easier!

Old 04-21-2007, 08:42 PM   #40
    nico1984
    (male)

nico1984 HB User
    Talking Re: OMG i just dicovered Omega-3 fish oil!!!, the best thing since sliced bread!!!

Definitely, the best cure there is, is from within. Start making life changes one step at the time, and it will improve. I started taking this fish oil supplement a while ago. The results weren't spectacular.. but since i read about, i found that the dosage was low, so i went and bought myself a better version. The results are obvious. also, I'm taking the Zinc supplement, and my view on life has changed considerably, thus causing less stress, which I think it's the main cause of my disease. As a 23 year old, with no personal or family history of acne, my struggle started when i hit 18, and i came to this country(USA). Ever since then I've tried all the antibiotics, creams, potions, natural and crazy cures, and nothing helps for over 6 months. I' ve had some really bad times and just normal forever acne ridden times.. which is now. But the fish oil, plus a better outlook on life has really given me a better skin. Try to change your life all over, and maybe it will start to heal. The best of luck for all....

Old 04-21-2007, 08:52 PM   #41
    sweetlily
    (female)

sweetlily HB User

I have been taking omega 3, Vit A, Zinc, Vit E and serenium for about a week. I notice that I dont get as many pimples as i used to get before. I can't believe I will ever say this but I have only 2 pimples on my face normally is like 10 or more. I breakout on my shoulders and arms and the breakout is less also. I am also using tea tree oil to wash. So far things are good and I pray it stay that way.

Old 04-24-2007, 01:35 PM   #42
    fetaljunk
    (male)

fetaljunk HB User
    Thumbs up Re: OMG i just dicovered Omega-3 fish oil!!!, the best thing since sliced bread!!!

I'm 35yo, and really wish i'd discovered this 15 years ago, can only imagine the great condition my skin would be in now, not to mention the long-term damage of all the medications (tetracycline, retinol, benzoyl peroxide, proactiv) i've taken that could have been avoided. I've been taking an omega-3 fish oil supp for about a month and a half now (actually started taking them for add and mood), and this is the best my skin has been in longer than I remember, even better than when I was on antibiotics for 2 years for it.... I wouldn't recommend that if you haven't done it, I think it really screwed up my system, my digestion has certainly never been the same since.

Anyway, thumbs up for Omega 3's, my pores feel tighter and less clogged up, and I haven't had any of those deep cystic pimples since I started. My skin is still on the oily side, and I'm still getting one or 2 zits every week, but the small kind on the surface that are completely healed in a day or two. The miracle cure I was always looking for.....

I'm taking NSI brand Mega EFA, 2 or 3 pills a day. 2 pills has 2126mg of fish oil, 800 EPA and 400 DHA. Molecularly distilled (no mercury) and no fishy taste or burps, at all. Pretty big pills, but I think they make a smaller one too.... I also take 50mg of zinc every day (which helped when I started), and don't overwash my face, only once or twice a day. That and a mild, fragrance free lotion. If I'd been following this regimen when I was younger, instead of scrubbing my face raw 3 times a day and slathering chemicals on my skin, I think my skin would be in way better shape today......

Old 04-25-2007, 07:31 AM   #43
    Sinead22
    (female)

Sinead22 HB User

Thank you to tc4101, who started this thread, and to everyone else who contributed! It was so positive in favour of Omega 3 fish oils and results I had to try it too and my face seems to be clearing up! Now, I must add that about the same time I found this thread and started taking the capsules I had just given up wheat to try and help other health issues, and in doing a search later found out wheat can be another cause of acne. Thought I'd share that in case it can help someone too.

So, I don't know which one it was that helped me, or a combination of the two, but both seem to be healthy things to continue with anyway. The fish oil seems to have a multitude of other health benefits anyway.

Old 04-25-2007, 12:39 PM   #44
    srinven
    (male)

srinven HB User

Hi All,
    First up...I thank the person who started this thread....this is the right way to go...kick the acne out from inside....so I started taking omega 3 a couple of weeks ago and also stopped eating wheat (i think that may be causing my acne too)....but I still seem to be getting a lot of acne around my chin (and my beard is making it worse as I dont want to shave over the acne)......Any advice on how much omega 3 I need to take? Does taking too much have an opposite/nullified effect? Also my diet largely consists of rice, so should I take more omega 3? Can anyone please advice?
    I have bought the Nordic naturals brand of fish oil that has for every two capsules:
    1280mg of omega3: 650mg of EPA & 450mg of DHA.
    Since, it is currently so bad I am also taking doxycycline 100mg to help clear it up for now? Any idea if doxy and omega 3 are harmful when taken together? Pls advice. Thanks All.

Old 04-26-2007, 01:30 AM   #45
    nick666
    Inactive
    (male)

nick666 HB User

Damn! I`ve gotta buy me some fish oil ! I`ve been suffering from acne for 7 years now, I took Accutane 3 years ago and it did work, but 2 years ago I took some steroids and the acne was back with a vengeance. Fish oil...who would have thought?

Closed Thread