It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• OMG i just dicovered Omega-3 fish oil!!!, the best thing since sliced bread!!!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-23-2007, 02:21 PM   #61
    rayodeluz
    (female)

rayodeluz HB User
    Question Re: OMG i just dicovered Omega-3 fish oil!!!, the best thing since sliced bread!!!

Hey guys,

I'm new to this board and about to start Accutane later this week, after trying endless products and prescriptions. I was just wondering about the fish oil and the omega-3's. Do you think it'd be ok to take flax seed oil for the omegas instead or is it specifically the fish part that works so well?

Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-23-2007, 10:13 PM   #62
    Albertagirl
    (female)

Albertagirl HB User
    Re: OMG i just dicovered Omega-3 fish oil!!!, the best thing since sliced bread!!!

OK I have been sitting here for the last half hour reading all the posts on the benifits of Omega 3 Fish Oil and I am so excited at the prospect of something as simple as this working for acne not to mention all the other positive health benifits!!

Mind you I dont have very bad acne BUT I did have a bout of Cystic Acne while I was pregnant with my last child and still have the occasional Cystic breakout, always in the same spot which looks HORRIBLE!!

I am 33 by the way and should be past the acne phase but I guess not having ANY acne problems during my teenage years, I had to pay for it somehow! lol

I have read so many postive results from most people that I MUST go out and buy myself some fish oil, think I will do it tomorrow!!!

I also noted that some people actually had some breakouts in the first week or two of trying this so I did a quick search on Omega 3 Fish oil, here is what I read....

Quote:
    The best and most pure forms of omega 3 fish oils come from the southern oceans of the world. The reason that fish oils with omega 3 are much better in this location, as opposed to other areas, is that there are no forms of industrial pollutants.

But even though the fish oils with omega 3 from this part of the ocean is pure and pollutant free, it still goes through extensive molecular distillation processes to remove any form of contamination at all, whether that be natural or man made.

All that the process of molecular distillation means is that the fish oils are placed in scientific instruments that spin around at very fast speeds to separate any toxic substances from the healthy fish oils.

Make sure you buy fish oils with omega 3 that have been molecularly distilled and even better, you should buy omega 3 fish oils that are from a source that is as least likely to be contaminated as possible to start with.
    So for the people who had breakouts instead of the more positive results I was wondering if this may be a contributing factor.........
    Just a thought and thought I may as well pass it along.

Good luck to all and for everyone who posted in their results many thanx for sharing!!!!

Cheers!!!

Old 06-03-2007, 11:51 AM   #63
    Fashionista123
    (female)

Fashionista123 HB User
    Re: OMG i just dicovered Omega-3 fish oil!!!, the best thing since sliced bread!!!

I started taking this a few weeks ago and I am not sure if I am getting results or not!

Closed Thread