It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• My accutane experience plus questions

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-17-2007, 04:31 PM   #16
    jeffb89
    (male)

jeffb89 HB User
    Re: My accutane journal plus questions

Hey, i've been on accutane for over 6 months now. Everyone just starting:: CONGRATS!!!! you will NOT! regret it!!!! It sounds as if your acne was not half as bad as mine to start off with. My whole face was covered in cystic acne, my whole jaw line was swollen out at least an inch all the way around, i couldnt even turn my head. The first 2 months were horrible. It has to push all the $%^& out before it can start healing, so hang in there! I was literally suicidal, not from the pills, but from looking completely horrible. People say that the accutane makes u depressed, but in reality, the only thing that depressed me was looking in the mirror+ the constant pain. Im just over 6 months into it, and my skin is almost perfectly clear! Granted, i am still working on getting some kind of laser scar treatment, but all n all, this drug is a $%^&'ing miracle!!!! As i said, it sounds like mine was WAY worse... i've had to get over 35 injections to keep the swelling down throughout this whole process. I honestly wouldnt be here today if it werent for accutane. Just hang in there, its SOOOO worth it! keep us posted

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-17-2007, 06:03 PM   #17
    WaitingForStuff
    (male)

WaitingForStuff HB User

hello, ive had acne for the last 2 years, it started forming in the middle of my freshman year, and my whole 10th grade year was very depressing for me. i had huge brownish red bumps on the jawline underneath both of my cheeks, and this caused me to be a huge social outcast and i hated being in public. huge *** pimples were all grouped together and it looked very disgusting. ive been to the pediatrician about it, and she just gave me some minocyline, (which didnt work that great) around jan. this year i finally went to the derm. to see what he could do about it, and i stayed on mino. for another month and realized that wasnt working for me, then i started taking accutane, and its made my lips very chapped and my skin kinda dry. ive been on it for about 2 months now, its made most of the bumps completely flat which is great, but i can still see all the red spots that have been there for the last 2 years. im really hoping for this miracle to work, and i really want the redness to go down quickly, anyone have anything to say about it?

Old 04-17-2007, 06:09 PM   #18
    SufferTheJoy
    (male)

SufferTheJoy HB User

all i have to say is keep going its my third month now and i still have quite a bit of new stuff it really is embarissing i know but i guess we just have to keep going and hoping i really cant wait for the outcome

Old 04-17-2007, 06:51 PM   #19
    WaitingForStuff
    (male)

WaitingForStuff HB User

this acne stuff on my face is the devil, it has caused me so much pain, ive been made fun of alot because of it, and that caused me to be a social outcast. i intentionally exile myself from society because i cant stand the humiliation. almost everyone around me has something to say about my skin. i hate waiting, but theres gotta be something i can do while accutane does its magic. what am i supposed to do right now and the next 5 months?

Old 04-17-2007, 07:05 PM   #20
    SufferTheJoy
    (male)

SufferTheJoy HB User

well i just skate with all my homies and try to stay out of sight as much as i can i dunno just do things you never have before that dont involve other people? chill at home and watch movies go climb a mountain i dunno but good luck!

Old 04-18-2007, 06:50 PM   #21
    WaitingForStuff
    (male)

WaitingForStuff HB User

i cant wait until this accutane gets rid of all the redness on my face, i can deal with the dryness, but all the redness just makes me want to stay out of public. i was reading a comment on this forum i think, and it said what doesnt kill you makes you stronger, and i thought that was beautiful, because if thats the case, when my skin is all clear again im probably going to become 3x as strong as i was before the acne, confidence-wise

Old 04-18-2007, 07:24 PM   #22
    SufferTheJoy
    (male)

SufferTheJoy HB User

yup same here man but just keep in mind how you would like to be treated and not harsh down on other people thats what ive learned

Old 04-18-2007, 07:56 PM   #23
    jeffb89
    (male)

jeffb89 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by WaitingForStuff View Post
    this acne stuff on my face is the devil, it has caused me so much pain, ive been made fun of alot because of it, and that caused me to be a social outcast. i intentionally exile myself from society because i cant stand the humiliation. almost everyone around me has something to say about my skin. i hate waiting, but theres gotta be something i can do while accutane does its magic. what am i supposed to do right now and the next 5 months?
    Listen man... The way i see it, if your being picked on that much about the way your face looks by your "friends".. maybe they arent the good friends u thought they were. I just moved 600 miles away right after i graduated highschool when my HORRIBLE acne kicked in. (the WORST possible time to move). It litereally mutilated my face. Granted, i didnt leave the house hardly at all for the first 4 months of my accutane. But even after that, my face was still in bad shape, but i started makin new friends. I brought it up that i've been havin a lot of trouble w/ my skin, and everyone just said good luck w/ it and dont worry about it. just bring it up and get it out there.. and if u get picked on.. just give them a nice @#$% YOU! All my new friends beg me to go out and party with them, yet im still quite self concious about the way my face looks ( i still have a little redness from all the abuse). And as for what to do with your time...have a few shots every once in a while; loosen up, get a buzz on. haha. They say not to drink on accutane, but i've gotten #$%^ faced more than a few times and ive had frequent tests and im still doing great. If your not a drinker.. i've found that just jumpin in my car and driving to god knows where, helps alot.. its like meditation and a stress free get away for me.

Old 04-19-2007, 09:12 PM   #24
    masooda1987
    (female)

masooda1987 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by lakini22;286***6
    I have been on Accutane for about 6 months now but only taking 40mg instead of the recommended 60mg. My treatment will just last a little longer with the same results. Accutane is prescribed when all other methods of acne control have been explored and been unsuccessful. You must be very careful with this med as it does have some severe side effects. For me all I have experienced is dry lips and hands (on top only) so it's nothing that a little chap stick and a good hand lotion won't cure. Be sure that when you are taking Accutane that you get regular blood work done every 4 to 6 weeks, which should sync with your dermatologist appointments. For me it does anyway. Accutane is known to cause liver problems and things like that which your doctor should have told you hense the bloodwork regularly. Also for females that are taking Accutane pregnancy tests must be done as this causes serious defects in unborn children and if one gets pregnant while on Accutane the pregnancy will most likely have to be terminated.

My skin has cleared up 200%. I had very severe cystic acne which was very painful along with blackheads and whiteheads which are now pretty much non-existant. I am a little concerned that your doctor would put you on it if you only have mild acne. Just be sure you are visiting your doctor regularly and getting the bloodwork done. Accutane is not somthing to mess around with.

Good luck
    Carly

PS: As with most acne treatments, acne will tend to get worse before it gets better. If it's still not improving talk with your doctor to get it all sorted out
    heeey!
    i havnt tried Accutane...i wanted to be on it but den wen i read bout it, it scared da hell outta me !!
    m usin Differin rite now...as da doctor describes it, "m in de early stages" but it keeps gettin worse....i havnt seen any improvement itz da 2nd week, i noe i noe i juz started but it juz killin me inside...i don feel like doin anythin!! i used to dress up ....now i juz wear a hood ova ma head n go to skool n i even hate talkin to ma own friends cuz i don wana b seen by anybody...i hav cried ova diz stupid acne most of ma nites wen ma parents r sleepin..i juz duno wat to do..duno...m depressed all da tam..i don think der has been any day wher i havnt gotten depressed ova diz face...derz juz no ...happiness...or joy...in ma life anymore..i juz wish a miracle could happen but i noe dat wont b possible...
    sorrieee...tellin u ma depressin story...in fact m cryin n writin diz messege
    HELP!

Old 04-20-2007, 07:50 AM   #25
    yorksguy61
    (male)

yorksguy61 HB User

Hi , after years of heartache with severe acne resulting in facial scarring, i was treated with accutane for six months. I went through quite a torrid time but the results were spectacular to say the least. Four years later and my skin is still clear ! i am so much more confident now and don't hate what i see in the mirror anymore. Just wanted to let you know that if it works for you the end product will be amazing

Old 04-21-2007, 09:43 AM   #26
    SufferTheJoy
    (male)

SufferTheJoy HB User

alright well im on day 66 and i still feel pretty good although i do have alot of new whiteheads along my jawline and near my mouth and cheek and i even have some more on my head but im not gonna let it get me down because im already halfway done so im only hoping for the best and im gonna do all i can to keep my face with the least acne on it that i can thanks for all the support everyone

Old 04-21-2007, 05:29 PM   #27
    jillr
    (female)

jillr HB User

I was on accutane for 6 months, and i'm totally clear, now. I just want to encourage you guys and let you know it's worth all the dryness and redness you're experiencing now. I only wish I had done it sooner. I'm 32, now and had suffered with acne since I was a teenager. As for the initial breakout, your derm can prescribe an antibiotic that will calm your skin down. Mine put me on ciproflaxin and that did the trick. Also for dryness, I was prescribed Desonide lotion. I used Cortibalm for my lips which you can find online.
    good luck and keep your eyes on the prize!!

Old 04-21-2007, 08:26 PM   #28
    SufferTheJoy
    (male)

SufferTheJoy HB User

alright i have kind of a problem here guys this one girl likes me and i like her too but i keep putting her off because i feel so self consious about my face like how could she like me when my face is like this and how could that pimply dude get that girl so someone tell me how much i am blowing it here i just feel so down because of my face....

Old 04-22-2007, 08:27 AM   #29
    lexiewoo
    (female)

lexiewoo HB User

what size is the pill ( accutane ) is it a gel type pill?

Last edited by lexiewoo; 04-22-2007 at 08:27 AM.

Old 04-22-2007, 10:38 AM   #30
    SufferTheJoy
    (male)

SufferTheJoy HB User

its pretty small its like a gel pill

Closed Thread