It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• My accutane experience plus questions

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-15-2007, 08:05 PM   #46
    SufferTheJoy
    (male)

SufferTheJoy HB User
    Re: My accutane journal plus questions

alright today is the first day of the fourth month and man do i feel good pretty much all of my acne has gone down some of the cysts that were big and swollen have now gone down to little bump specks and my forehead has gone down alot too the only thing that is still bothering me is the purple like scars that ive gottten where the cysts were by shoulders are still pretty bad but not as bad ahhh it feels good to be a little more clear everyone keep pushin on

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-05-2007, 04:12 AM   #47
    SufferTheJoy
    (male)

SufferTheJoy HB User

well i guess im pretty much talking to myself on here..........but im up to 80 mg per day 2 in the morning and 2 at night i may have to go on it for 6 months but all in all my face is getting better i just have some really red scars that dont look pretty at all but im hoping time will fade them away my shoulders are gettting alot better also i just have a 1 or 2 active cysts yay

Old 06-05-2007, 07:22 AM   #48
    cinderella789
    (female)

cinderella789 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by theDonDada View Post
    hey, i just got off accutane a few months ago..its amazing. I had mild/bad acne.. the accutane cleared it up pretty quickly. now im acne free and all my scars have just about faded. I still get a tiny pimple here and their but i cant complain when they used to cover my face. Hang in their..this stuff is amazing.
    I'm just into my second month, only experiencing dry lips, skin, headaches and back ache.My skin looks much clearer, but I still get the occasional zit here and there, however not as bad as before. Good luck...soon we'll be flawless!!!! :-)

Old 06-05-2007, 03:49 PM   #49
    Guy1_USA
    Inactive
    (male)

Guy1_USA HB User

SufferTheJoy... thanks for your continued posts.

We will be putting our son on this medication soon, and it's nice to hear what you have gone thru. I want to get him started on it right away so that he goes through most of the termoile during the summer months before school starts.

Keep posting away... you are not talking to yourself.

Old 06-05-2007, 07:35 PM   #50
    SufferTheJoy
    (male)

SufferTheJoy HB User

thanks for the posts guys ahhhhhg i am a counselor at a summer camp and all the little kids keep asking what the red stuff on my face is i just wish all this redness would go down and the scars would all fade away then i would be completely happy any suggestions about the redness to go down?

Old 07-08-2007, 09:37 AM   #51
    Guy1_USA
    Inactive
    (male)

Guy1_USA HB User

Hey Nathan. It's been a month since you last reported. How's the accutane going...?

My son (14) just stated Accutane yesterday. We went camping, which mean a lot of sun exposure, so we postponed the start to yesterday. The Doc also started him on a 10 day antibiotic named Keflex. This is suppose to reduce the initial acne flair-up caused by Accutane.

Anyway... would love to hear how you are doing. You are in month 5 now, eh...?

Old 07-24-2007, 11:53 AM   #52
    Guy1_USA
    Inactive
    (male)

Guy1_USA HB User
    Re: My accutane experience plus questions

SufferTheJoy... would love to hear how the accutane is going for you. Hoping you could find time to post your most recent experiences with this medication, and hear your opinion as well.

Venture

Old 07-29-2007, 10:36 AM   #53
    PUMPKINPEEL
    (female)

PUMPKINPEEL HB User

I took it in my middle 20's, I had severe dry skin, but learned to drink lots of water. I wore no makeup, and used a light moisturizing sunscreen. You will have to use sunscreen...you should whether you use accutane or not. Period! I have never had acne again, never. I was on it 9 months, the doctor wanted me to stay on it, for another 3 months. I didn't. I had to have a blood test, once a month, to make sure liver and all that was in check.

I was 25, I am now 42!

In short, it was all worth it! I thank the person who came up with Accutane!

Old 07-29-2007, 10:38 AM   #54
    PUMPKINPEEL
    (female)

PUMPKINPEEL HB User

Use Eucerin spf 30, it will help greatly with the red marks and even out your skin. Use a sunscreen, regardless!

Closed Thread