It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• My accutane experience plus questions

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-26-2007, 01:34 PM   #1
    SufferTheJoy
    (male)

SufferTheJoy HB User
    My accutane experience plus questions

hello my names nathan and i am on day twelve of accutane my acne has gotten somewhat worse but i have expected that i just wish i could be at the end of this i do have a question though what are some good things to eat while you are on accutane because i need to change my diet? any help would be sick thanks for all your support i'll keep you updated

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-26-2007, 10:19 PM   #2
    elizabeth8989
    (female)

elizabeth8989 HB User
    Re: My accutane journal plus questions

i went on accutane three years ago.. im not sure if there are certain foods u shoudl eat that will help.. whne i was on it my hair got a lot thinner..but yeah my acne wasnt that bad to begin with but mannn when i got on it it made it sooooo mcuh worse..once it starts getting better tho it makes ur skin absolutely perfect.. i remember someone was like how do u have such perfect skinn!? if they onlyyyy knew. trust me tho its been 3 years like i said and my skin is soo clear.. you wil really appreciate takign it!

Old 02-28-2007, 08:04 PM   #3
    SufferTheJoy
    (male)

SufferTheJoy HB User

Day 14
    Alright my skin has gotten just a bit worse(a couple new whiteheads) but all in all i feel pretty good i still hang my head pretty low at school but im really hoping it will be all gone i havent felt any of the other things a little dizziness from here to here but i feel fine my lips are chapped to poop but so far so good
    outlook:stoked out haha

thank you elizabeth for the post it made my day
    I will keep everyone updated
    peace

Old 03-14-2007, 06:25 PM   #4
    SufferTheJoy
    (male)

SufferTheJoy HB User

ok today i went to the derm and i got a new subscrption 3 pills per day equaling out to 60 mg per day i was on 40 mg but we'll see how this works i do have some new acne on my face and its really embarissing i wish so much i didnt have to go through all this acne but what doesnt kill you only makes you stronger
    outlook: eager to get it over with
    only chapped lips really skins kind of dry but not too much
    thanks

Old 03-16-2007, 06:08 PM   #5
    HundredPercent
    (male)

HundredPercent HB User

hi, keep updating please . I'm about to go on accutane soon. What day is it for you?

Old 03-17-2007, 09:20 PM   #6
    SufferTheJoy
    (male)

SufferTheJoy HB User

well right now i think its day 31 ive been getting alot of new acne on my right cheek for some reason and along my jaw line and my neck but i think that accutane is just speeding up the process of all this acne so it can get out of my system faster at least thats what im hoping i really really really really cant wait to get a clear face and shoulders my shoulders have pretty much dried up and im hoping they'll fade away patience is the key please ask me anything you want to or anything thanks to everyone were all in this togerther blah im still kind of bummed but im excited to get this over with ill try to keep everyone updated

Old 03-18-2007, 05:04 PM   #7
    xphile
    (male)

xphile HB User

day 97 for me, however, i had persistant mild acne for a long time, not nearly severe. anybody know if there is truth to the belief that those who go on accutane later in their life have less chance of relapse? i am 20 but have had the same acne condition since i was 15-16, hoping this will take care of it.
    on a side note, it is going great, mostly just red marks left over, very smooth texture-wise, after the treatment is done is when i am told you work on overall appearance mostly through chemical peels.

Old 03-19-2007, 12:24 PM   #8
    Ashley_
    (female)

Ashley_ HB User

I wish you luck on your journey of Accutane. I'm on Clarus myself right now, which is the same as Accutane just a different brand name. Just my 6th day however. I just have mild Acne, so it was never that bad. It was just really persistant and everything I tried never worked. I don't know when to expect the bad breakout, but so far I'm good. My skin feels alittle dry and my lips too, but not really that servre. My derm put me on 30mg, but told me to start on 20mg for about a week too get my body used to it. But tonight I'm starting on 30mg.

Last edited by Ashley_; 03-19-2007 at 12:25 PM.

Old 03-19-2007, 04:59 PM   #9
    lakini22
    (female)

lakini22 HB User

I have been on Accutane for about 6 months now but only taking 40mg instead of the recommended 60mg. My treatment will just last a little longer with the same results. Accutane is prescribed when all other methods of acne control have been explored and been unsuccessful. You must be very careful with this med as it does have some severe side effects. For me all I have experienced is dry lips and hands (on top only) so it's nothing that a little chap stick and a good hand lotion won't cure. Be sure that when you are taking Accutane that you get regular blood work done every 4 to 6 weeks, which should sync with your dermatologist appointments. For me it does anyway. Accutane is known to cause liver problems and things like that which your doctor should have told you hense the bloodwork regularly. Also for females that are taking Accutane pregnancy tests must be done as this causes serious defects in unborn children and if one gets pregnant while on Accutane the pregnancy will most likely have to be terminated.

My skin has cleared up 200%. I had very severe cystic acne which was very painful along with blackheads and whiteheads which are now pretty much non-existant. I am a little concerned that your doctor would put you on it if you only have mild acne. Just be sure you are visiting your doctor regularly and getting the bloodwork done. Accutane is not somthing to mess around with.

Good luck
    Carly

PS: As with most acne treatments, acne will tend to get worse before it gets better. If it's still not improving talk with your doctor to get it all sorted out

Last edited by lakini22; 03-19-2007 at 05:01 PM.

Old 03-19-2007, 06:04 PM   #10
    Ashley_
    (female)

Ashley_ HB User

If you have mild Acne I don't see a problem in being on it. If it's persistant and you tried everything Accutane is the only other route. Just like my dermatologist stated.

Last edited by moderator2; 04-17-2007 at 06:11 PM. Reason: please do not clog the thread with long quote of the previous post - totally unnecessary

Old 03-19-2007, 06:12 PM   #11
    HundredPercent
    (male)

HundredPercent HB User

I'll probably be on accutane by the end of the week. I will be using this journal frequently to document my progress. Can't wait to start.

Old 03-19-2007, 07:25 PM   #12
    lakini22
    (female)

lakini22 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ashley_ View Post
    If you have mild Acne I don't see a problem in being on it. If it's persistant and you tried everything Accutane is the only other route. Just like my dermatologist stated.
    That is exactly what I am saying...if all other avenues have been explored and nothing works then Accutane is used as a last resort and should be just that...a last resort because it is such a powerful drug with dangerous side effects if not monitored closely. Maybe doctors in US and Canada vary, but in Canada they only prescribe it as a last resort.

Old 03-25-2007, 08:19 AM   #13
    SufferTheJoy
    (male)

SufferTheJoy HB User

Day 39 I have alot of new stuff on my face mostly on my cheeks and a few on my forehead im just trying to keep a positive attitude on this but its pretty hard being around people whose face is perfectly clear and mine is like this... o well im just looking forward to the end im still taking three 20 mg pills per day my lips have chapped and my skin is pretty dry it feels really good for it not to be oily well everyone keep me updated

Old 04-10-2007, 08:19 PM   #14
    laindenver
    (female)

laindenver HB User

Please keep updating this, I will be starting accutane in a few weeks (if I can get the money worked out) and it really helps to hear what someone else is going through. I'm really scared of the initial breakout though because I was using retin-a for two months and I purged so bad. If I can get rid of this cystic acne though I'll try anything. Let us know how you're doing and I wish you and everyone else good luck.

Old 04-11-2007, 05:37 PM   #15
    SufferTheJoy
    (male)

SufferTheJoy HB User

ok well im on day 56 and i must say i feel really good about where im at my back is kind of breaking out but i think i can take care of that in a couple weeks ive still some new whiteheads coming in around my mouth and neck area but im trying my best to keep those down my lips have chapped to hell and my face is really dry and i do have all these red scars left over but for the most part im improving and i feel really good for the first time in a long time well ill update again after i go back to the derm o and i'm on 60mg a day so ill see whats goin down thanks for all the support good luck to everyone!

Closed Thread