It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Best soap to use?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-17-2007, 01:20 PM   #1
    pa43
    (female)

pa43 HB User
    Best soap to use?

I have heard that perfumed body washes and soaps aren't the best at cleaning away dead skin cells (which is why I use a loofah). But then I read that Dial antibacterial soap is good for body acne. I haven't seen Dial in a body wash (only a bar soap) so was looking for other suggestions before I suck it up and buy the bar soap.

Basically, I need a good soap to get rid of body acne. I tried murad and it did nothing so now I'm going to stick with regular drugstore stuff.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-18-2007, 09:45 PM   #2
    soupyhead
    (male)

soupyhead HB User
    Re: Best soap to use?

NO soap has worked for me, its ALWAYS made my chest/shoulder/back acne worse. I'm getting fed up with it. I am going to stick to just using nothing, maybe a washcloth or loofah

Old 04-19-2007, 01:23 PM   #3
    saphire82
    Veteran
    (female)

saphire82 HB User

Im currently trying head N shoulders to get rid of acne. I heard about it that it works good for body acne on both this website and another acne website. So far Ive done it once. The first time I did it, I notice that the little tiny itchy sebum plugs on the sides of my arms seems to come out. I think it might be cleaning the gunk out of my pores on my chest too. Give it a try and maybe youll see results!

Old 04-19-2007, 02:13 PM   #4
    pa43
    (female)

pa43 HB User

head and shoulders dandruff or dry scalp shampoo? Right now I have dry scalp shampoo that I use for my hair. Maybe I'll buy a trial size of the dandruff one and use it for a week or so and see. Thanks!

Last edited by pa43; 04-19-2007 at 02:13 PM.

Old 04-19-2007, 05:32 PM   #5
    sweetlily
    (female)

sweetlily HB User

try tea tree oil body wash from bath and body works. Since I have been using it on my face and body. I have seen a major improvement. I still break out but not as much as i used to. Normally i will have about 20 pimples or more now I have about 3 to 5. I also use 15% tea tree oil for spot treatment. It works and leave little to no scars.

Old 04-20-2007, 08:37 AM   #6
    pa43
    (female)

pa43 HB User

does it have actual oils in it? I don't know if putting oil on my skin will help... ????

Old 04-20-2007, 09:06 AM   #7
    naturodude
    (male)

naturodude HB User

they call it an oil, cuz it feels like one. But tea tree oil is actually an essential essence oil of tea tree. Sorta like a concentrated essence. It has great anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, and anti-viral properties. I suggest using aloe gel mixed with a few drops of lavender oil, another anti-bacterial oil. btw, topical oils are not all bad. the acne product industries have released tons of "research" showing that oil are very bad for acne. What they didn't tell you was that they were researching corn, canola, and GM oils. These have terrible effects on some people. But lots of oils have anti-acne properties. Just do your own research instead of listening to others.

Old 04-20-2007, 02:12 PM   #8
    greeneyedgirl18
    (female)

greeneyedgirl18 HB User

I use the Neutrogena Rainbath body wash. At first when it was recommended to me I thought people were crazy since there is certainly a scent to it, but it has been the only body wash that has cleared up any body acne which was mainly on my chest and occasionally on the upper back.

When I first smelled it I thought it would be very perfume-like, but once you are out of the shower your skin doesn't smell like it at all. Most body washes left a residue behind on me, and soap really dries me out....I would recommend rainbath to anybody!

Old 04-20-2007, 03:43 PM   #9
    sweetlily
    (female)

sweetlily HB User

The soap is a bar and they also have a liquid soap too. The one I use for spot treatment is the actually tea tree oil but is not oily at all. I have a veryyyyyy oily skin also and it has controlled the oil. I normally have to powder my face so many times a day and I dont even do that anymore. At most one a day. I have tried sooooooooo many thing both otc and prescription so far I have luck with this one.

Old 04-22-2007, 11:44 PM   #10
    roxcyn
    Veteran
    (male)

roxcyn HB Userroxcyn HB Userroxcyn HB Userroxcyn HB Userroxcyn HB Userroxcyn HB User

I like using "Dr. D's Tea Tree Oil Soap" and "Grandpa D's Sulphur Soap", they are both great at clearing up acne, at least for me

Old 04-28-2007, 09:38 PM   #11
    red13
    Inactive
    (female)

red13 HB User

i use dove soap on my face and my face feels soft and clean.

Old 06-05-2007, 02:06 AM   #12
    wahida
    (female)

wahida HB User

dont use soap in ur body if u have acne i ur body.when we use saop free face wash to avoid acne on our face then why should we use soap for the body?
    well saop has excessive BASE which is bad for skin.even mild soap has that BASE(you can test it by LITHMAS PAPER). so use saop free face wash for ur skin and GOHNSON'S baby wash (gel nettoyant) for body wash. use this johnson's product maximum ONCE in a week.trust me i had acne on my body before...but it has gone

Old 06-05-2007, 09:11 AM   #13
    pa43
    (female)

pa43 HB User

Thanks for the advice. I think I will try using the tree tea oil soap and see what happens.

I've also started taking 2 showers a day - one at night and one in the morning. I've noticed that I don't get as many pimples on my butt and back as before.

Closed Thread