It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Self-tanner on acne?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-07-2007, 02:23 PM   #1
    dammie
    (female)

dammie HB User
    Self-tanner on acne?

Last summer i used a self-tanner on my face and could afford to go out into the world with no foundation on. The self-tanner would even out my skin tone and i was ready to go. About 8 months ago i developed adult acne that won't go away. Not wearing makeup this summer will not be an option, but does anyone know if can still put self-tanner on with acne? Will i break out even more? I have acne scarring as well, will it make those areas darker? Has anyone tried?
    THANKS

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-07-2007, 07:16 PM   #2
    pressure0064
    (male)

pressure0064 HB User
    Re: Self-tanner on acne?

I use jergens natural glow tanner on my face and i have acne...it says its non-comedogenic and oil free so i dont seem it being a problem and as for the scars i really dont know...only thing i really have is little ice picks so i really dont know dont really seem to make them bigger or more noticeable or anything like that so goodluck!

Old 06-07-2007, 08:20 PM   #3
    ordinary10
    (female)

ordinary10 HB User

I also used jergens natural glow lotion because it is supposed to be okay for your skin, but i don't really like to put it on my skin anymore because i'm so worried that any thing will make it break out. I felt like it kinda clogged my pores even though it said that it didn't. Beside my own fears i liked it a lot because it was like a quick and easy concealer. i didn't have to wear a lot of make-up at all which i loved and my scars were actually more hidden. You should try it. it supposed to be safe and i it hides acne well. Hope you have some luck

Old 06-07-2007, 08:35 PM   #4
    pressure0064
    (male)

pressure0064 HB User

What kind did you use and whats your skin type...i got the fair skin tone type...not really a huge difference but a nice little glow/tan

Old 06-08-2007, 09:28 AM   #5
    kab44189
    (female)

kab44189 HB User

I use the Jergens Natural Glow on my body, but the tube for my face still sits in my bathroom closet because I am absolutely terrified to put it on my face. I have mild-moderate acne only on my chin with some pretty bad red marks from previous breakouts all over. I am tempted to try the face lotion now after reading this, but I am still unsure. Any more reassurance?

Old 06-08-2007, 10:51 AM   #6
    dammie
    (female)

dammie HB User

I was using one from the Body Shop last summer before the acne that i have now, and Body Shop has good products and this one is made just for the face. I will give it a try, i guess if i break out again i just won't use it next time, lol.

Old 06-09-2007, 04:15 AM   #7
    stuffisnice
    (female)

stuffisnice HB User

I've never been game enough to use a self tanner on my face at home (not just because I'm scared of exacerbating my acne but because I'm just scared of streakiness on my face), but I've had spray tans at the salon a few times and there was no problem with my acne, it looked fine and didn't cause any more breakouts than normal.

Closed Thread