It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• I know the cure for acne !!!!!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-01-2007, 11:27 AM   #1
    stasis4
    (female)

stasis4 HB Userstasis4 HB Userstasis4 HB User
    I know the cure for acne !!!!!

Hello - I have had extensive experience with acne and I have discovered a powerful tool to combat it and prevent scarring :

But first to understand the cure , u must know the cause :

Acne is caused when certain hormones known as androgens circulate in greater than normal amounts . That is why during the teen years , when hormones are working furiously, acne is common. these androgens can also be triggered by other things like stress. a recent study found that people under stress had 25% more acne . Now these androgens hit the oil glands which are most numerous on the face, back and chest. These oil glands then swell . Bacteria just love to feast furiously on these swollen oil glands. this is bacteria that normally resides on the skin surface. the bacteria continue to multiply and cause the skin to to inflame with pus and erupt. these eruptions are the pimples or "acne". so the trick with acne then becomes to somehow manipulate this process to prevent the eruptions and worse to break the skin surface which causes scars. A very good way of manipulating this process is to kill off this bacteria when they start to feast so that the skin doesn't erupt to form a pimple. The bacteria can be kiled off by drugs we all know as
    "antibiotics" Now there are many antibiotics out there but some of the best ones for skin infections like acne are : minocycline and secondly doxycycline.

From personal experience I have seen my acne stop swelling and subsiding. If only I had had this knwledge earleir when I was younger, I could have prevented several of my scars......

Another very important thing with acne is to keep the face oil free by washing though not excessively since this can aggravate the condition. Or just rubbing the face dry. and DO Not pinch any pimple ever as this will scar.

I hope that my expereince can atleast help someone else out there. So for all of u who are desperate with this plague, I urge u to try minocycline .
    this is much safer than a drug like accutane. And shud be easy to get a prescription for from ur doc.

Minocycline , more than anything else is like a cure while one is going thru a bout of acne.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-01-2007, 06:13 PM   #2
    wholegrain
    Veteran
    (female)

wholegrain HB User
    Re: I know the cure for acne !!!!!

I took doxycycline once and ended up in the ER, unable to stop vomiting.

Old 07-02-2007, 09:01 AM   #3
    HeedMyHeart
    (female)

HeedMyHeart HB User

can you explain more on what minocycline is? any known side effects?

Old 07-02-2007, 02:48 PM   #4
    mari'30
    (female)

mari'30 HB User

Hi, I was on Minocycline and I was on Doxycycline. I had a bad experience my right lower lip in the corner of the bottom part turned a bluish purple color.I guess its a possible side effect. If I would be a teenager it could have turned my teeth grey my dentist told me.I am trying an alternative route.

Old 07-03-2007, 01:41 AM   #5
    flyte00
    (female)

flyte00 HB User
    Red face Re: I know the cure for acne !!!!!

Don't think it's a good idea to advise people to take an antibiotic like that.. Can interfere with medications.. diseases..disorders. Please speak to your doctor before taking anything like that. Not trying to be mean.. I've been hospitalized as well from taking antibiotics. Even when the doc prescribed em!

Sarah

Old 07-03-2007, 03:10 PM   #6
    WarriorPrncss
    (female)

WarriorPrncss HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by flyte00 View Post
    Don't think it's a good idea to advise people to take an antibiotic like that.. Can interfere with medications.. diseases..disorders. Please speak to your doctor before taking anything like that. Not trying to be mean.. I've been hospitalized as well from taking antibiotics. Even when the doc prescribed em!

Sarah

I totally agree with ^^^ that.

But, also. Not every person has the same reaction to different acne treaments, that why there are SO many. I have done everything from Accutane to Washing my face with asprin. And now, even after accutane-- I don't get cystic acne, but still small break outs on occasion.

Old 07-03-2007, 10:53 PM   #7
    ctrl-alt-del
    (male)

ctrl-alt-del HB User

It's not JUST hormones... it's other things as well affecting your state of acne:

- function of your liver and kidneys (if both have been compromised by medications and junk food, then you need to get yourself on a detoxification program which cleanses the body... and the liver in particular)
    - personal hygeine (basically you need to have a shower 1-3 times a day, depending if you sweat a lot during the day)
    - long hair (the oil from the hair attracts dirt and then goes on your face)
    - lifestyle (do you drink alcohol, do you go to sleep on time or stay up most of the time, do you eat healthy, do you exercise as much as you can, etc.)
    - the types of products you use on yourself (some typse of makeup are especially bad for this and WILL make you break out)
    - how much water you drink during the day

And the most important one that determines HOW much acne you will have, IF you are prone to it, is:

- DIET!

It all matters in what you eat.

Last edited by ctrl-alt-del; 07-03-2007 at 11:02 PM.

Old 07-06-2007, 08:10 AM   #8
    stasis4
    (female)

stasis4 HB Userstasis4 HB Userstasis4 HB User

If the acne that one has, is there because of bacteria attacking the oil glands on the face, then antibiotics will definitely help. as suggested in in the beginning of this thread by me, minocycline - an antibiotic of the tetracycline class, will definitely help . this antibiotic targets bacteria in the skin and is generally well tolerated by people. Ofcourse any medication can have side effects so one has to check to see whether one might have any existing conditions that might contradict its use. that is where the doctor and the pharmacist's notes come in.

Doxycycline, another antibiotic of the tetracycline class, may also help but it can lead to an upset stomach in some people. However if u take it with food, then the liklihood of it causing stomach problems is much lower. also if u take doxy, u have to take stomach supplements called probiotics to prevent the doxy from destroying the "good bacteria of the stomach". these probiotics are harmless supplements available at any grocery or health food store.

Another antibiotic, which belongs to the macrolid class of antibiotics, is azithromycin or zithromax-(the brand name). this will also help kill the bacteria
    that causes pimples to erupt.

As suggested in some previous posts, antibiotics should not be taken without
    medical supervision . That is well and good. however under supervision and taken in low doses, these antibiotics can really help one deal with a bout of acne in many cases. And often the antibiotics that need to be taken are at mild levels...not strong ones.

It is worth trying if someone is having trouble getting their acne under control.
    Ofcourse there are many reasons biochemically which may lead to acne. But the point is, often the acne become these skin eruptions because of the bacteria feasting on the excess oil . so whatever the reason causing the oil glands to become overactive, if one can get rid of the bacteria, it will help prevent the acne from growing in several cases if not all.

Often, just having the acne is not the end of the story. even a relatively small bout of it can leave one with permanent scars in some people. thus for these people it might be worth trying low dose antibiotics to help deal with the scarring type of acne (provided they have no other health conditions which forbid the use of these meds)

Hope my input can help some one out there.

Old 07-06-2007, 09:55 AM   #9
    e1simple
    (female)

e1simple HB User

Okay...I have had acne since I was about 15. I am now 29 and still have acne. Not that I haven't had results from antibiotics or prescription creams, but once I am done with the prescription, the acne ALWAYS comes back about a year later.

I have had two pregnancies and have been told that I would break out more while I was pregnant. However, I had the most beautiful skin during both my pregnancies. So......after trying different medications and creams, going through pregnancies, washing my face with all kinds of different products, etc.....I think its my life style that needs to be changed.

I think stress, exercise, and diet play a HUGE role in the outcome of your skins appearance. I have been told many times by my "healthy friends" that I should do a DETOX. so, I did one day of fruits, and had diarreah like never before that night. It was so painful. BUT.....the next day I felt energized and my skin looked healthier. Very strange after a terrible night on the toilet....lol. I think that I may go ahead and try a complete detox soon. But...I may try to take it slow this time. My body is not use to so much fiber....and I think that is what it is....LACK OF FIBER!!! If we don't eat enough fiber, then we can't get the toxins out regularly and it will show through our skin.

Anyone else try to detox for skin problems? If so...what was your result?

Old 07-06-2007, 01:49 PM   #10
    KyleDale
    (male)

KyleDale HB User

minocycline gave me a drug induced case of lupus, very painful time...

Old 07-22-2007, 09:16 AM   #11
    Calidoll
    (female)

Calidoll HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by nppuzzled View Post

Minocycline , more than anything else is like a cure while one is going thru a bout of acne.
    How long after you start taking it will Minocycline begin to work?

Last edited by Administrator; 08-20-2010 at 01:24 PM.

Old 07-22-2007, 12:09 PM   #12
    bunny9987
    Veteran
    (female)

bunny9987 HB User
    Thumbs down Re: I know the cure for acne !!!!!

Antiobiotics are def. not the cure. It'll come back. Try regulating your hormones with the proper vitamins (when over 18)

Old 08-24-2007, 02:40 PM   #13
    leonidas
    (male)

leonidas HB User

I'm glad minocycline worked so great. I wish it worked so well for everyone. It's pretty common and supposedly doesn't have a lot of bad side effects. I've been on it for a couple of months. Was prescribed two 100 mg pills a day. Still having some nasty breakouts, though--not all over, but will get a few big, fat, deep lesions about every 3 weeks or so. So, against my better judgment, on bad days I'll take 3 pills. That does help get rid of them. But minocycline certainly hasn't been a "cure" for my acne.

Old 09-23-2007, 05:46 PM   #14
    monu
    (female)

monu HB User

hi,
    you dont have to take antibodies to kill bacteria. bp and tea tree oil also kill bacteria. (Just apply on skin, once or twice a day)

acne suffer for 15 years

Old 09-23-2007, 07:19 PM   #15
    MusicElle
    (female)

MusicElle HB User

I've taken minocyclen, and doxy neither worked at all and both had unwanted side effects. So maybe its true that antibiotics are YOUR cure for your acne, but they are certainly not THE cure for everyones acne. The only thing that has worked for me is going on birth control it has made my skin beautiful but like anything else it won't work for everyone. There is no miracle cure for acne, if there were and antibiotics work as well as you say, this board wouldn't exist.

Closed Thread