It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• My journey to clear skin!!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-13-2007, 07:51 AM   #1
    babygirl2005_21
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

babygirl2005_21 HB User
    My journey to clear skin!!

I started breaking out really bad after I went off the pill when I was 20. It started out slow but then I started to get cysts! I had never had a problem with acne before in my life so I didn't know what to do. I finally broke down and went to the dermatologist. He prescribed me yasmin (birth control), differin gel for pm use, klaron topical for am use, and doxycycline 100mg once daily. I followed this regime religously and for the first month or two things got really bad. But I just kept going and about 3-4 months in my skin cleared and I had my pretty skin back! I am 23 now and I am now off the antibiotics but still use the topicals every day. I also eat lots of fruits and vegetables and run and lift weights 5-6 days a week. I am a lot happier now too. I just want to let everyone know that there is no cure to acne. You have to manage it and if you find the right derm. and the right medications and live a healthy lifestyle you can! Good luck and I hope someone benefits from my story!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-26-2007, 06:27 PM   #2
    bostngrl525
    (female)

bostngrl525 HB User
    Re: My journey to clear skin!!

Hi, I am new to this but I just wanted to comment that I too am taking Yasmin (for both BCP and acne treatment) also differin at nite and benzacline in morning. my skin got worse when i first started the Yaz but now i am 3 months in and my skin has gotten much better...a few pimples now and then but def better....

also my PCP just started me on Effexor for anxiety. I wonder if anyone knows how this reacts with the birth control pill??

Old 09-14-2007, 09:47 AM   #3
    antoinettefb
    (female)

antoinettefb HB User
    Re: My journey to clear skin!!

I had the worst breakout in my life a few months back. I used to just have 1 or two pimples at a time and pro-active seemed to have worked for me. But this last time, omg, I was getting new pimples everyday, big and cystic and they hurt. They covered my entire chin, my forehead and the sides of my face close to my ears. I counsulted a dermatologist and he prescribed me BactrimDS twice a day, and topicals Differin 0.3% gel in the morning and Benzaclin at night. In about 3 weeks, I started seeing the change, the pimples just flattened out and I stopped getting new ones. I was so happy. I took the antibiotics for two months but continued using the topicals to control excess oil because my skin is so oily. I was left with the dark spots from the pimples but I took care of that with microdermabrasion. Now my skin looks so different from when that worst break out started.

Closed Thread