It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Accutane Is A Miracle Drug!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-23-2007, 10:00 PM   #1
    citylove1101
    (female)

citylove1101 HB User
    Talking Accutane Is A Miracle Drug!

i just have to post this... i'm an 18 yr old female about to leave for college in august, and 3 months ago i started accutane to get rid of the horrible acne on my face, chest, and back. i was very hesitant to even go on the drug because of the horrible side effects and the awful stories i found online at sites like this, although i was more sick of being embarrassed at school and around friends, hiding my acne under my hair or conservative clothes. i tried everything- 4 antibiotics, laser treatments, chemical peels, perscription creams, you name it.

i must say that taking accutane is one of the best decisions i've ever made.. and i want to encourage anyone thinking about it to just go for it. after 3 months my monster of a face is very clear with no new breakouts, and everyone i deal with day to day notices and compliments. my cover up actually covers up! plus i no longer have to worry about an oily face, or need to wash my hair everyday.

just make sure you are prepared to moisturize during the day, drink lots of water, and become best friends w/ your lip balm, but other than that, this drug will change your life. i am more confident and enjoying my social life a lot more with a clearer face. if you're on the fence, weigh your pros and cons, and realize that a clear face trumps all other short-lived hassles you may have to deal w/ for a few months. i hope my success story helps to spark your own.

Last edited by citylove1101; 07-23-2007 at 10:15 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-29-2007, 10:42 AM   #2
    PUMPKINPEEL
    (female)

PUMPKINPEEL HB User
    Re: Accutane Is A Miracle Drug!

Yes, Accutane is a miracle! I was on it, in my mid 20's...am now in my 40"s, acne has never returned. Use a moisturizing sunscreen. Even, when you come off Accutane, Sunscreen will be your best cosmetic ingredient for life!

Old 08-01-2007, 07:07 AM   #3
    kendra2985
    (female)

kendra2985 HB User

I think accutane is one of those hit or miss drugs though. I took accutane years ago and I didnt notice much of a difference. However, my acne was never THAT bad. I didn't have the kind of acne like you see in proactive commercials.... it was more spotty breakouts. So, my conclusion is... if you really have terrible acne that will not clear up, accutane may be your miracle..... but dont take it for moderate acne, because it might be more of a risk than a help.

Old 08-01-2007, 04:38 PM   #4
    SufferTheJoy
    (male)

SufferTheJoy HB User

did all of your redness go away and if so how long did it take?

Old 08-20-2007, 01:47 PM   #5
    leonidas
    (male)

leonidas HB User

Had accutane treatment 9 yrs ago for severe acne on face, back and chest. It cleared up the back and chest acne to this day, and got rid of a lot of the facial acne. But lately I've been having bad breakouts on my face again, for the first time since before accutane. I just had lasik surgery a few weeks ago, so I can't start accutane for another 5 months or so. I'm counting down the days.

Old 08-23-2007, 11:09 PM   #6
    angienew
    (female)

angienew HB User
    Smile Re: Accutane Is A Miracle Drug!

Hi There, I was wondering if you used the Brand Name Accutane or Generic? I am trying to see if it matters or not. Thanks So Much

Old 08-25-2007, 04:20 PM   #7
    Quantum_Blaze
    (male)

Quantum_Blaze HB User

I hate my acne scars.

Old 08-30-2007, 07:04 PM   #8
    orangedaisy
    (female)

orangedaisy HB User

Thank you so much for sharing your story. My son just started Accutane and I do worry about the side effects and what the outcome will be. It's good to hear success stories!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 09-06-2007, 06:44 PM   #9
    Heiser
    (male)

Heiser HB User

I took Accutane in 1995 and it was a miracle drug. Just don't get Lasik eye surgery after taking Accutane.

Old 09-20-2007, 12:26 AM   #10
    jamie451
    (female)

jamie451 HB User

I was wondering, how do you go about getting on accutane? Did you ask for it yourself or was it suggested to you by a derm or a doctor? Can a doctor prescribe this to you or must you see a derm? Also do you have to get alot of needles before and while on accutane??

Old 09-20-2007, 03:23 AM   #11
    theblackbird
    (male)

theblackbird HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by cazzie28 View Post
    I was wondering, how do you go about getting on accutane? Did you ask for it yourself or was it suggested to you by a derm or a doctor? Can a doctor prescribe this to you or must you see a derm? Also do you have to get alot of needles before and while on accutane??
    My derm suggested it after taking antibiotics that didn't really help.

I don't think a regular doctor can prescribe them.

1 needle before starting Accutane, 1 after one month, 1 after two months. May differ for you of course.

Closed Thread