It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

I don't know how it works, but it works

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-05-2003, 06:16 PM   #1
kehcorpz HB User
Post I don't know how it works, but it works

Anyways I used to have acne, I don't really get it anymore these days, but from time to time i'll get a pimple. I still do however have a bad complexion, as in red marks in some places. I haven't really tried anything to get rid of them. I am going to look into some lactic acid peels. If anyone has any info on those please let me know. I'd like some at home versions, because I don't really want to go to a dermatologist.

So I used to always use Head and shoulders because I was told the zinc is good for acne as well as keeping your hair nice and thick. One day I was talking to someone and he showed me some studies where head and shoulders decreased the diameter of the hair, and i noticed my hair has gotten thinner since starting H&S. So I talked to him and he told me to get prescription Nizoral at 2%. So I ended up buying it and since I don't wash my face with soap and always used H&S, I would leave the nizoral on my face for the 5 minutes that it was on my head. I've noticed that my complexion has improved greatly. My skin seems to have less faults and has a glow. This is the only thing that I have changed recently. It's especially noticeable right after the shower. This shampoo is only used 2 times a week.

So if anyone is looking for a new idea after trying many things, I'd give this a try. I haven't really researched the main ingredient because I don't really have much interest in it. But if any of you want to then by all means. I'm just trying to help in any way possible. When I had acne I came here and got a lot of help that helped me shatter my acne problem.

Sponsors Lightbulb
Old 08-05-2003, 11:11 PM   #2

well, alot of ppl are using Nizoral for Seb. Dermatitis. Its a condition which affects the scalp cauing flakes. sometimes it happens on the face where it gets oily, but as u wash and dry it, flakes start coming off ur face. Nizoral would then be used to treat it. thus, Nizoral on the face is not an absolutely crazy idea.

Closed Thread