It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Clindamycin Phosphate, why do dermatologists recommend it. Its horrible.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-06-2003, 03:40 PM   #1
    Dan72

Dan72 HB User
    Post Clindamycin Phosphate, why do dermatologists recommend it. Its horrible.

I had this really bad pimple on my forehead. My dermatologist recommended I use Clindamycin Phosphate topical solution. This is a pad you put on your face You put the pad on the acne for 15 minutes twice a day.
    This is the absolute worst acne product.
    When the pimple would go down, it would dent and peel my skin. It totally messed up my skin. Now the area where it dented and peeled my skin, that skin is not growing back. I would stay away from the Clindamycin Phosphate. I might have to get a Collagen implant. First i'm gonna try using moisturizers to see if that will help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-17-2003, 01:06 PM   #2
    NYKID
    Veteran

NYKID HB User
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dan72
    I had this really bad pimple on my forehead. My dermatologist recommended I use Clindamycin Phosphate topical solution. This is a pad you put on your face You put the pad on the acne for 15 minutes twice a day.
    This is the absolute worst acne product.
    When the pimple would go down, it would dent and peel my skin. It totally messed up my skin. Now the area where it dented and peeled my skin, that skin is not growing back. I would stay away from the Clindamycin Phosphate. I might have to get a Collagen implant. First i'm gonna try using moisturizers to see if that will help.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i could swear on my life that this clindamycin destroyed my freakin face my doctor not even my derm gave me it to use telling my acne wasnt that bad then he didnt even want to give me a referal for my derm then i go see my demr and he tells me accutane.

That doctor i swear he screwed my face with that medicine i started usign it and i started having pimples on my cheeks and i couldnt get rid of them and they left dark spots the first tiem EVER i had dark spots was on my left cheek it stayed there forever adn as soon as it was cleared up another one poped up in the spot then a few more then i broke out on my other cheek.

I could cry just thinkin about this.
    I should have never used that junk and went striaght ot my derm and i shouldht have took the accutane back in july not in nov it would have saved me some scars and dents.

************* Rat doctor

Old 11-17-2003, 01:10 PM   #3
    uniquejp

uniquejp HB User
    i had the clindamycin topical that came in a dabber and it worked GREAT for 4 years...nothing but crystal clear skin then i became immuned to it....i just got a new prescription for erythomycin topical and i hope that works as good as the clindamycin. right now i think i'm getting the inital break out you get when you first start the medicine on your face, but i'll give it a month.

Old 11-17-2003, 03:42 PM   #4
    latayy26
    Veteran
    (female)

latayy26 HB User
    I have had great results with Clindamycin Phosphate topical solution! I use it as a "moisturizer" in the mornings and it is so light. I think it really helps my pimples heal faster. Also..I use retin a micro every other night if you wanted to know.

Old 11-17-2003, 03:50 PM   #5
    thick skin

thick skin HB User
    I use the clindamycin topical clear gel which is working beautifully. I use it morning and night, and it doesn't dry out my skin, and I do feel that it's clearing me up a bit.

Last edited by thick skin; 11-17-2003 at 03:51 PM.

Old 07-19-2004, 02:51 PM   #6
    SweetAmy87
    (female)

SweetAmy87 HB User
    Re: Clindamycin Phosphate, why do dermatologists recommend it. Its horrible.

i use the clindamycin phosphate clear gel as well and it is the only thing that cleared me up! my skin isnt oily and i never go to bed afraid to wake up b/c i might have another break out...b/c i know i wont...thats the confidence it gave me. I cant understand why it wouldnt work for you other, maybe its b/c you are using the solution and not the gel? i love the gel, it doesnt feel sticky or heavy and it goes on like water and completely helps my skin.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    _-*~!ŚMy!~*-_
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 07-20-2004, 10:41 AM   #7
    BostonGirl44
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

BostonGirl44 HB User

I've also used clindamycin. Didn't help but also didn't do any damage either. Just another thing to add to my list of a waste of time and money.

Old 07-23-2004, 06:49 PM   #8
    replay57

replay57 HB User

how long did it take for the clindamycin phosphate gel to clear you guys up?

Old 07-23-2004, 08:01 PM   #9
    Dan989
    Inactive

Dan989 HB User

Clindamycin Phosphate can be very drying and mess up your facial skin.
    I'v found, just using a good cleanser, toner and the Neutrogen Multi Vitamin acne treatment or another lotion with Salicid acid is the way to go. That cleared my skin of the acne.

Old 08-10-2005, 11:40 AM   #10
    skoniossis
    (female)

skoniossis HB User

Can the "clindamycin phosphate gel" be used a moisturizer? I feel it moisturizes my skin and am wondering if I should skip moisturizer

Old 08-12-2005, 05:16 AM   #11
    marshabrady333
    (female)

marshabrady333 HB User

Clindamycin Phosphate was great for me..
    I used the topical solution and it cleared up my chin acne really well.. however i think iv grown immune to it
    What is the Erythromycin Topical someone else was talking about? Is it the next strength up from Clindamycin? If so then i may go ask my Doc for some

Closed Thread