It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Yaz and Oil Production

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-02-2007, 07:14 PM   #1
    kta
    (female)

kta HB User
    Exclamation Yaz and Oil Production

Hey guys! I haven't been on here for a while because I HAD clear skin. To make a long story short: I'm 18 years old. I've had acne since I was 12. I tried everything, and nothing worked. I went on Accutane when I was 16, and had BEAUTIFUL skin for about 3 months after treatment. Ever since then, I've been back to square one. My doctor prescribed Yaz (Birth Control), and I will be starting it tomorrow. I guess my question is: Does Yaz help with oil production? I believe that my overproduction of oil is the root of my acne problem and NOTHING (other than Accutane) has helped. If anyone has any insight at all, I would be very appreciative! Thank you so much!

Last edited by kta; 08-03-2007 at 09:45 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-05-2007, 11:23 AM   #2
    daphne009
    (female)

daphne009 HB User
    Re: Yaz and Oil Production

I know how you feel. I think I have the same problem and will be starting on Yasmin (generic) shortly. I hope this helps my problem also as I have heard it does help with oil because of the spiro in it.

Old 05-11-2008, 08:34 AM   #3
    marcella90
    (female)

marcella90 HB User
    Smile Re: Yaz and Oil Production

yes! in my personal experience, the yaz really does help with oil production and acne. I also have very oily skin that just can't be dried out not matter what topicals i use (although they do help with the acne - differin, benzoyl peroxide, sulfur, etc.) I started Yaz about a year ago for irregular periods and it helped with that and my acne. i have since stopped the yaz and the day i stopped the oil came right back - and the acne. i never got a cystic pimple while i was on Yaz and it reduced my oil production by almost half! i'm actually going to start back on it today and looking forward to better skin!

Old 05-13-2008, 10:30 AM   #4
    shananana
    (female)

shananana HB User

I am on Yasmin, and have had phenominal results! I've been on it almost 4 months now and my skin is perfect. Thats never happened except for the 2 times i've been on accutane. But it always came back. But now I am scared to ever go off birth control. But, i'll be happy for the time being since I have been battling moderate to severe acne since I was 13ish. (I'm 22.) Yasmin started working very quickly for me, and helped my oiliness, even my oily hair. Now all my marks have finally had the chance to fade, thanks to the help of lemon juice. I can finally go out and be seen by my boyfriend with no makeup!

Old 06-16-2008, 06:40 PM   #5
    dolysods
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

dolysods HB User

interesting.. i've been on Yaz for over a year.. it finally did start helping with my acne (mild/hormonal) but i noticed an increase in oil especially in my hair.. and my hair has been growing like i've been drinking miracle gro!

Closed Thread