It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• dove extra sensitive soap

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-03-2007, 09:02 AM   #1
    beatboxkid
    (male)

beatboxkid HB User
    Question dove extra sensitive soap

I am thinking if using a new soap cleanser, as started to break out again, I bought joohnson & johnson clean & clear oil fee cream cleanser today, but later today I also bought dove extra sensitive bar.

It is meant to be totally hypoallergenic ( not sure if spelt that correct )

Ive tryed dove soap before and has made me break out and didnt think to much of it, but i noticed this extra senstive bar doesnt contain coconut acid, as when I have used any soap with coconut acid in it has really been bad for my acne. but as I noticed this extra sensitive bar doesnt contain coconut acid I thought why not give it a try.

I have decided to see how I get on with the dove first, and if its no good i will give the johson & johnson cleanser a try. The reson I am trying the dove first as I find anything harsh on my skin usually makes me break out sooner or later, and the johnson & johnson cleanser contains menthol ( or somthing liek that ) which for sensitve skin could be a bad thing perhaps?

anyhows please let me know if you think dove extra senstive soap is any good?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-05-2007, 04:35 AM   #2
    beatboxkid
    (male)

beatboxkid HB User
    Re: dove extra sensitive soap

seems to be working better for my face/neck then body.

have had break out on body, but not face/neck.

Old 08-13-2007, 02:31 AM   #3
    beatboxkid
    (male)

beatboxkid HB User

soap was working great, but looks like i'm breaking out again, especially on my body!

at end of day mild soap is mild soap i guess, none of it gonna cure acne, but some times if you lucky can keep you clear for a while.........

guess Im gonna just wash with water
    from now on, and not gonna use any moustrisers etc, just goold old fashioned water

at the end of the day all soap does is rob you skin of natural oils, so you skin produces more oil to make up for it, vicious circle really.

Old 08-13-2007, 12:38 PM   #4
    belle14
    (female)

belle14 HB User

i've use this soap for a long while on my face and it was good. never had dry skin or pimple from using it. but since i started using BHA my skin has become dry (for a while after washing) so i switched to a soap free cleanser. now my face is alot less dryer compared to when im using dove. but overall, if you dont have skin issues, i think dove works fine.

Closed Thread