It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Everyday Minerals!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-24-2007, 11:07 PM   #1
    MoonOverMarin
    (female)

MoonOverMarin HB User
    Thumbs up Everyday Minerals!

Has anybody else used Everyday Minerals makeup? Maybe it is a combination of the jojoba oil, Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque, and the Everyday Minerals makeup but something seems to be working!!

I was curious to try Everyday Minerals after reading a magazine article about how the cosmetics and beauty industry uses harmful chemicals in their products that actually cause acne and aging. Makes sense right? After all, if all those products delivered all these miracles and promises, we wouldn't need beauty products and cosmetics!!!

Everyday Minerals lets you try FREE samples (I mean FREE no "free trials" where you have to give credit card information and get charged every month). Try it. It worked for me!! Just give you an idea of all the foundations I've tried the past several years and they failed to deliver:

-MAC Studio Fix (at least 3 men pointed out that I was wearing a lot of makeup and it made me look ghostly in photos)
    -Victoria's Secret (way too thick and cakey)
    -Bare Escentuals (made my pores look HUGE)
    -Sheer Cover (made my face itchy and I broke out)
    -Maybeline (turned orange after an hour)
    -Shishedo Dual Balancing Foundations (good colors but literally had to paint my face with a brush)
    -Lancome Magique Matt (exagerrates dryness and it does not absorb well)
    -Estee Lauder Double Wear (stays on but it cracks! gross!)

That's just some of the foundations that I've tried. I wanted to share my great experience because I know how frustrating it is to constantly check in the mirror to cover blemishes. Good luck to all!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-29-2007, 08:44 PM   #2
    catiechris999
    (female)

catiechris999 HB User
    Re: Everyday Minerals!

Very cool, I will have to try this. When you are trying to cover up acne, it's hard to not look "cakey" which is so gross. The rub of it is I despise makeup and would love to go natural but can't with a pizza face. I'll give this a try, I've wondered how mineral makeup and acne go together, thanks for the tip!

Old 08-30-2007, 02:18 AM   #3
    BigFootballfans
    (female)

BigFootballfans HB User

My daughter has been using Everyday Minerals for about 6 months now and I think it has made an improvement in her acne. It has a lot less potentially irritating ingredients in it that other mineral makeup has. You can also buy it in 4 different "finishes" glo, semi-matte, matte and intensive (which provides the heaviest coverage). Buying samples first is the way to go, it took us a couple of times to get the right color. Also you can surf the web to do reviews on this product, a lot out there . I remember reading rave reviews on it and it's cheaper than most other minerals. And shipping is fast....

Last edited by BigFootballfans; 08-30-2007 at 02:20 AM. Reason: took out web site

Old 08-30-2007, 10:08 AM   #4
    MoonOverMarin
    (female)

MoonOverMarin HB User

I was doing more research online on Everyday Minerals... I read on their website that their makeup cannot harbor bacteria (unless you get the application brush wet). That is very exciting!

But I also read that their finishing powder contains corn startch which can be irritating to some people. Just stick to the foundations instead.

I got my intensive foundation samples in the mail yesterday. I'd have to say it is even better than the matte versions. It looks very natural even in natural daylight. I'm so happy I finally found a foundation that is not damaging to my skin. Good luck to all and let me know how your Everyday Minerals experience is going!!

Old 08-30-2007, 05:49 PM   #5
    catiechris999
    (female)

catiechris999 HB User

Oh man I'm so excited too. It's so awesome they offer free samples. All I had to pay was shipping (about $3). I can't wait for them to come! I ordered semi-matte, original glo and intensive in three different colors so hopefully one of those will match. Thanks for this tip! I'm looking forward to a more natural coverage, I only wish I'd done this sooner for this weekend. Oh well!

Old 08-31-2007, 05:00 PM   #6
    daphne009
    (female)

daphne009 HB User

I have used it, in fact I just ordered some more and I love it. I wont go back to department store brands and its cheaper than bare escentuals with LESS ingredients than BE too! BE has 5, EM has 4 plus they give you larger quantities of it. (8 grams)

Old 09-12-2007, 05:38 AM   #7
    MnGal25
    (female)

MnGal25 HB User

What type of moisturizer does everyone use under there EV? I just received my samples in the mail and cant wait to try them out.

Old 09-12-2007, 04:22 PM   #8
    daphne009
    (female)

daphne009 HB User

I use the acnefree moisturizer...thinking about trying cetaphil as its not supposed to irritate the skin. I hate moisturizers as my skin is already oily but I'm really prone to milia and my derm said I may be overdrying my skin which is why I'm using moisturizer.

Closed Thread