It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Acne returning after Accutane

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-13-2007, 08:42 AM   #1
    JD885
    (male)

JD885 HB User
    Acne returning after Accutane

A few years ago after trying tons of medications I was perscribed Accutane and after taking it my skin cleared up drastically. However, now 2 or 3 years later I feel like my acne is coming back. I am consistenly getting cystic pimples on my chin area and side of my cheeks. I'm looking to take action before things continue to worsen and was wondering my options.

I ordered about a months worth of b5 and am going to give that a try.

I would consider doing another cycle of accutane, however my insurance plan isn't what it use to be so monthly office visits/perscriptions would likely be too expensive and time consuming right now.

Hmmmm..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-14-2007, 09:57 AM   #2
    antoinettefb
    (female)

antoinettefb HB User
    Re: Acne returning after Accutane

Hi. I had the worst break out in my life a few months back. I was willing to take accutane because I was really frustrated. I was getting new pimples everyday,they're big and cystic and they covered my entire chin, my forehead and the sides of my face close to my ears. But my dermatologist didn't recommend accutane because my husband and I were planning to have a baby soon. So he prescribed me the safest one I could take. It was Bactrim DS, twice a day and then the topicals Differin 0.3% gel in the morning and Benzaclin at night. After about 4 weeks, I stopped getting new pimples and the pimples on my face just flattened out. I was so happy. I took Bactrim DS for 2 months, that's it and just continued the topicals because they really controlled the oil on my face. Some of the dark spots that got left on my skin I took care with microdermabrasion. Now I'm really happy. Maybe this will work for you. It's not expensive and they'recovered by insurance.

Old 09-14-2007, 10:04 AM   #3
    leonidas
    (male)

leonidas HB User

They may be in-grown hairs. I actually started getting the same thing after Accutane, myself, but then realized they were just in-grown hairs. Are you shaving any differently than before you went on Accutane? Different razor?

Also, unless my razor is very sharp, I'll tend to get them. So, I have to replace the blades almost once a week--Gilette Sensor.

Old 09-16-2007, 06:41 PM   #4
    morticiadams
    (female)

morticiadams HB User

have you tried going to a dermatologist and see if skin laser treatment would work on you?

Closed Thread