HealthBoards

HealthBoards (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Acne (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/acne/)
-   -   Neutrogena Deep Clean Facial Cleanser :WATCH OUT: (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/acne/534462-neutrogena-deep-clean-facial-cleanser-watch-out.html)

XBOX4EVR 09-16-2007 11:20 PM

Neutrogena Deep Clean Facial Cleanser :WATCH OUT:

I got this soap because the stuff I use now is very drying It's purpose, it works well just very drying. I like Neutrogena products so i found Neutrogena Deep Clean Facial Cleanser it's the orange stuff. Anyways at first i'm like yea i like this stuff doesn't dry as much feels good, 2 days later i get a deep pimple i've never got a cystic pimple but just one of those deep ones that hurt. I'm like ***? I can't even remember the last time i got one like that. So i look at whats in the stuff... WOW Salicylic Acid everyone here knows what that is. I've always tried to stay away from face soap that has any kind of acne medication in it so to say the least i was up set. So just a heads up for people that are looking into using it.

theblackbird 09-17-2007 04:36 AM

Re: Neutrogena Deep Clean Facial Cleanser :WATCH OUT:

If you use drying stuff, use a moisterizer to compensate. If your skin is oily use a matting moisterizer. If your skin is fine: don't change soaps! ;)

sfo_mom 09-18-2007 11:52 AM

Of all the facial cleansers that I tried only Cetaphil works and very consistent. Im almost 99% clear from my severe cystic acne that started last year of May. Avoid acne products. The only one that works for me is Mario Badescu drying lotion for mild acne. For cystic acne, you need to take anti biotics. You'll see the difference right away in 3 days. All these acne kits are just waste of money and would make your acne worse. Believe me, just stick to your regimen..Cleanser, Oil free moisturizer and Mask once a week. For mild acne, you could exfoliate by using Clinique 7 day scrub. IT'S AMAZING!!! I stopped buying salicylic based products, b/p, etc. Always change you pillow cases 2-3 times per week. Never touch your face nor ***** your pimples..For people w/ only 1-3 cystic acne. Try neosporin, apply only to affected area for 3 days then stop. For severe cystic acne, you need to take oral medication. Hope this would help, it works for me.

kellycatherine7 09-19-2007 02:05 PM

I have heard that this stuff works. But I am also not to fond of face washes with acne medication in them. I think they are just to harsh for my face and sometimes make matters worse. I have heard just plain dial soap does the trick for acne but you must wash face 3x a day. but a doctor wont tell you that. hmmm...wonder why?:cool: I have tried the dial and I admit it does work but it also sometimes leaves behind a soap residue. Recently my boyfriend told me about the Neutrogena transparent facial bar that he use to use and it worked wonders. Its just hard to find. Recently we did happen to find it by accident. lol. His face is CLEAR. So I guess I will try it for awhile. Anyone else have luck with this product? I use to use St. Ives Clear pore Cleanser but no longer can find this product either. And I swear by that one. Never leaves skin too dry or too oily like some soaps do.

kellycatherine7 09-19-2007 02:13 PM

[QUOTE=sfo_mom;3214516]Of all the facial cleansers that I tried only Cetaphil works and very consistent. Im almost 99% clear from my severe cystic acne that started last year of May. Avoid acne products. The only one that works for me is Mario Badescu drying lotion for mild acne. For cystic acne, you need to take anti biotics. You'll see the difference right away in 3 days. All these acne kits are just waste of money and would make your acne worse. Believe me, just stick to your regimen..Cleanser, Oil free moisturizer and Mask once a week. For mild acne, you could exfoliate by using Clinique 7 day scrub. IT'S AMAZING!!! I stopped buying salicylic based products, b/p, etc. Always change you pillow cases 2-3 times per week. Never touch your face nor ***** your pimples..For people w/ only 1-3 cystic acne. Try neosporin, apply only to affected area for 3 days then stop. For severe cystic acne, you need to take oral medication. Hope this would help, it works for me.[/QUOTE]

You are definatley right about all those acne kits. I tried proactiv and found that it didnt do much good. Although, The mask is very reliable and *maybe* the scrub. But thats about it. Right now I'm using that whole 3 step clinique line. But not having much luck with that one either. And I usually love clinique. Lotions are great and yes, the scrub is wonderful. not harsh at all. It doesnt make matters worse. I will say that The St.Ives scrub Invigorating one that allure rewarded, actually freaked my skin out. Which may have been the cause of a frequent flare up? It was to harsh. I have since learned to stick with the stuff for sensitive skin. It's really hard to find something to stick with when you have pimples because you'll try everything and anything in hopes that it will work. Its like a vicious cycle.

Trainergrl 09-19-2007 02:17 PM

I use Palmolive or Dawn dishsoaps. I'm currently using the Anti-bacterial Apple blossom by Dawn. When my face is dry I use Sun tan lotion by Banana Boat because it's non-greasy and moisterizes the best... Currently using Banana Boats Baby Block but the regular is good too. You should take collodial silver and amino acids as well... Specifically Methionine which targets skin and hair disorders.

Cassie99 09-19-2007 03:33 PM

Never thought of using Neosporin...I am going to try it. Yes, I've tried other acne products as well and it doesn't work. I am currently taking antibiotics and using this Daily Facial Cleanser by Kou Naturals that seems to work well for me. I have sensitive skin or at least I think I do. I also watch what I eat because the combination works for me.