It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• queen helene mint julep mask

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-30-2007, 02:29 PM   #1
    marylauren
    (female)

marylauren HB User
    queen helene mint julep mask

hi, i've been visiting this board for years. just wanted to let you know that i started using q.h. mint julep mask, and for two months it has helped the appearance of my skin. i still get zits, but not as many and they don't last as long. and even better is it makes my skin less oily. i'm 24, female, have had bad acne since taking evil birth control in my college years. my skin condition has gone up and down since then, but this has helped make things manageable.

i would usually get about 4-5 large zits around the chin area, forehead, temples, neck and sometimes cheeks. i refuse to wear makeup because i know it makes it worse. but the oiliness was making me feel so grossed out and i knew people were looking at me on the train wondering about my skin ugh it's the worst feeling. but i used this and i swear by it.

i use it when i notice my skin is getting oilier (usually around my period, or when i haven't gotten enough sleep) and it saps it right up. and then i follow up with eucerin moisterizer. moisterizer is very important because this dries your skin up, and if you don't follow up your face will get irritated and more oily.

that's all- thought i'd share.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-05-2007, 11:01 AM   #2
    waterlily
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

waterlily HB User
    Re: queen helene mint julep mask

This stuff is one of my favorites. I love to use it for spot treatment of zits, especially big red cysts. Leaving it on overnight helps to dry up the cysts.

Old 12-08-2007, 12:41 AM   #3
    MagikTowel
    (male)

MagikTowel HB User

Wow thats crazy I was just thinking about asking about it on the forums and this is the first thread I saw, haha.

My sister uses it too and recently I've been stealing some before I go to bed. I put it on my nose and underneath my eyes and cheeks which is usually the places it gets the most oily and it has helped a lot. I don't get much acne or pimples since I started proactive so I cant comment on that but it did help me with the oily-ness.

Old 12-08-2007, 07:17 AM   #4
    Crossbow
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Crossbow HB User

I love that stuff. I'm not sure how much it helps my acne, but it makes my skin feel nice and smooth.

Old 12-08-2007, 08:00 AM   #5
    neshee
    Inactive
    (female)

neshee HB User

Just wanted to let you all know that this stuff is actually used professionally as well. When I took Cosmetology, this was used after a facial treatment and my teacher swore by it. You can buy this (in case you don't know) at Family Dollar stores (cheap!) and also at Sally's Beauty Supply. I am not sure if it is at Walmart? I haven't thought to check there! I also wanted to let you know that it really isn't recommended to do this more than once per week, b/c of the drying it gives. HOWEVER...if you have a bad case of acne, you could try it every other day until your skin clears (or show signs of clearing up) and then every other week. And yes, make sure you get a good moisturizer.

Old 12-08-2007, 05:35 PM   #6
    Atti11
    (female)

Atti11 HB User

MaryLauren...OMG. I just wanted to tell you when I read your post it sounded exactly like what happened to me. I'm 23, and have been breaking out on and off ever since taking birth control (EVIL! as you said!) Unfortunately, that happened to me a few years ago, and then my skin got clear again, and then (stupid me) I decided to give it another "try" and took it from August-last month. Here I am, now off of it, but going through hell with my skin. I'm so depressed.

Thanks for the tip and I'm going to try the mask!

Old 12-12-2007, 07:18 AM   #7
    acne sufferer
    (female)

acne sufferer HB User

Hi, Does anyone know if the Queen Helene Mint Julep mask is safe to use with Differin?

Old 01-02-2008, 01:42 AM   #8
    suzyshop1
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

suzyshop1 HB User

I guess it all depends on how oily your skin is,the mint julep mask dries your skin,and so does differin.Even tho i use it to spot treat everynight and use differin too,it seems to work ok for me.

Old 01-09-2008, 09:37 PM   #9
    countrygirl85
    (female)

countrygirl85 HB User

I love this stuff! It is the only thing that keeps my very oily skin at bay. And it's cheap and last a long time.

Closed Thread