It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• I have acne scars on just the right side of my face what should i do

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-03-2008, 12:34 PM   #1
    amie333
    (female)

amie333 HB User
    Unhappy I have acne scars on just the right side of my face what should i do

HELP>>>>>>>>>I have acne scars on just the right side of my face what should i do, I have tried it all! Lazor resurfacing called the smooth beam they use it on the extreme makeover shows, it cost me close to $1800.00 and did not work. I have tried microderm, and so many other products I can't even count them all. Does anyone have any idea of what product may work? I have been dealing with scars for YEARS and it is effecting my self esteem and the way I live my life. Please Anyone Help!!!!

Last edited by amie333; 01-04-2008 at 10:02 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-04-2008, 10:03 AM   #2
    amie333
    (female)

amie333 HB User
    Has anyone heard anything about baking soda and lemon juice? If so how often do u use it and what are the measurments... I have rolling scars do u think this could work.. I really could use some advice

Last edited by amie333; 01-04-2008 at 11:59 AM.

Old 01-09-2008, 01:35 AM   #3
    aleksis210
    (female)

aleksis210 HB User
    Re: I have acne scars on just the right side of my face what should i do

if you are white, I'd sugg. bleaching your skin....if you got laser treatment that cost $1800 are you sure these are just scars? and are they acne scars? If I paid that much money ...I'd be trying to sue...pronto

Old 01-09-2008, 08:30 AM   #4
    LitS917
    (female)

LitS917 HB User

ok i DEF. WOULDN'T bleach your skin... dont do any more damage!!! ..

i'm in the same boat as you... and I've got about 4 smoothbeams lasers and have seen a great improvement..

nothing will work overnight.. you need many sessions to achieve great results... i would go with 6-8 smoothbeam treatments and you shouldnt see anymore scars... also combine that with microdermabrasions & chemical peels..

like i said nothing will work overnight, it takes time and patience to get rid of scars.. trust me i know! its been about 3 yrs already and they are finally starting to fade...

also, check out " a c n e . o r g " and read up on 'Dan's Regimine' ... i ordered the 'BP' lotion they mentioned and that looks promising...

best of luck!

Last edited by LitS917; 01-09-2008 at 08:31 AM.

Old 01-09-2008, 11:13 AM   #5
    waterlily
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

waterlily HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by amie333 View Post
    Has anyone heard anything about baking soda and lemon juice? If so how often do u use it and what are the measurments... I have rolling scars do u think this could work.. I really could use some advice
    I don't think baking soda and lemon juice work on rolling scars. They work on flat, hyperpigented redish marks only. I think you need to go for a procedure called Subcision. Talk to a doctor.

Old 01-09-2008, 11:28 AM   #6
    aleksis210
    (female)

aleksis210 HB User

it's called "bleaching creme" they sell it specifically for scars/lightenening the skin...so don't listen to that person, they obviously thought I meant clorox...

Old 01-09-2008, 12:38 PM   #7
    LitS917
    (female)

LitS917 HB User

you can go ahead and try the bleaching creme, it might work, but then again, ur taking chances of having light spots or blothes all over your face.... i personally wouldnt do it, but if you think it might work go for it... let us know the results!!

Old 01-10-2008, 02:01 AM   #8
    Diana M.
    (female)

Diana M. HB User

Hiiiiiiii,
    Acne (mostly) Requires referral but this depends mainly on its colour,size ,type & how long........sometimes it may be due to pre-menstrual syndrom as hormonal changes (increase in progestins).
    please don't try to use any topical drugs on your face without referral
    ....with my best wishes

Old 01-11-2008, 09:07 AM   #9
    amie333
    (female)

amie333 HB User

I ordered that MaMa lotion, I heard that may work, Im tired of spendin all this money on dermotoligists and lazor treatments, If this lotion does not work I may just research surgury. I had those lazor treatments over 1 year ago and there is no improvement the dr. said it would take several weeks/months to show any type of improvment and I am still waiting. I have suffered with acne all through highschool and it really was torment for me lots of rude comments from the kids they were really mean to me! After I was out of school I started noticing scarring on the right side of my face, I tried everything including tanning for 5 years and that made the scarring more noticiable. I stopped tanning and one good thing about the tanning is that my acne seemed to be clearing up a breakout here but a major improvement compared to highschool, but the scarring was still there. Thats when I tried that smoothbeam. Im kind of tired of waitin and need to start seein sometype of results. Has anyone heard of MAMA lotion for rolling scars? I have been usin the bakng soda not the lemon juice and I really have not seen that much improvment, but I think u are supossed to use that for several months to see any improvment. I dont think I wanna try bleach, I have heard that it does leave obvious white sploches. Thank you all so much for the support, it means the world to me!!!!!!!

Last edited by amie333; 01-11-2008 at 09:13 AM.

Old 02-29-2008, 04:18 AM   #10
    antia
    (female)

antia HB User

Applying lavander essential oil works wonders. I didn't really believe it until someone reccomded I try it instead of the standard on the shelf stuff.

Besides that, I have found the following things matter and tend to effect acne.
    1) Eating sugar (and artifical ones). If you eat no sugar your predispotion to acne drops a lot. Mine completely vanished when I did.
    2) Eating greasy fried food (aka fast food). I noticed I was able to feel outbreaks coming on as I ate the stuff. I think sugar matters more though.
    3) Getting rid of hair covering the face (so beards, sideburns, or long curly hair that gets to your cheaks). I don't know why this one matters but it does.
    4) Washing the face with water from a shower. The more you wash it the better it gets. However, chlorine which is in all tap water irritates it as well, so if you get the chance to get a chlorine shower filter that goes a long way to fixing your skin (and hair).

There are some other anecdotal things I am not sure of in anyway about acne, but I'd leave it as; if you are generally healthy then you will not get acne, so most of the time its best to just think of acne as an indictator for your body. Then again its a pretty awful one to deal with, and I went through a lot of grief before I figured out what I just told you.

God luck!!!

Last edited by antia; 02-29-2008 at 04:19 AM.

Closed Thread