It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• My cystic adult acne is finally gone!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-02-2008, 05:44 AM   #1
    reba6465
    (female)

reba6465 HB User
    My cystic adult acne is finally gone!

I have suffered for the last 8 years with horrible cystic acne. My skin is dark so it would also leave ugly scars. It started when I was about 35. I have always had very oily skin.This is what I did:

I quit touching my face and also started changing the pillow case everyday.
    I started taking YAZ birth control.
    I wash my face with a very gentle cleanser called Purpose.
    I use the Purpose redness reducing moisturizer in the morning and then use Benzaclin on top of that.
    I only wash my face twice a day.
    At night I use the moisturizer after I wash my face and then put Retin A Micro on top of that.

This is how my acne cleared up. About 10 days ago I started drinking the Borba clarifying water and my skin has never looked this good. The water was the icing on the cake! I haven't had one single clogged pore since October and now the water is making my pores so small and the redness has left my skin. I just wanted to share this with other acne sufferers.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-02-2008, 01:04 PM   #2
    tryin2getclear
    (female)

tryin2getclear HB User
    Re: My cystic adult acne is finally gone!

That's really interesting!!!

I have been suffering on and off (mainly on) with adult acne for 3 years now! My face is combination I think
    I'm going to try some of the things that you are doing to see if that helps!

Have you ever used Tazorac (didn't like it, still broke out a LOT)? Duac (made my face feel really, really DRY!)? Azelex (haven't tried it yet, kinda hesitant to buy it)? or Doxycycline (haven't tried it yet)? If so what did you think of them?

How much do you spend on all of your facial products? And do you drink the Borba Water or spray it on your face!! I love the fact that your skin looks and feels so GREAT!

I can't wait to look at my face and see a clear complexion with small clear pores instead of big clogged pores, cysts, and black heads!

Old 02-04-2008, 06:59 AM   #3
    reba6465
    (female)

reba6465 HB User

I never did try any of the medications you mentioned. I drink the Borba water everyday. They sell skin care products but I am too afraid to try anything new on my skin. I think the less I do to my skin topically the better. I was using a cleanser called Zoderm from the Dr but it burned and made my skin look even worse. I forgot to mention that I also started taking a lot of vitamins. 50mg Zinc, 2 capsules fish oil, and 5mg biotin plus a multivtamin. The water really took my skin from good to great. I can't believe it when I look in the mirror.

Last edited by moderator2; 02-04-2008 at 07:14 AM. Reason: posted commercial website

Old 02-04-2008, 09:46 AM   #4
    dangelo395
    (female)

dangelo395 HB User

How long have you been on Yaz for? Just curious how much of your new beautiful skin has to do with the birth control. I've been thinking about getting on Yasmin.. I've been on Loestrin for many years now and read somewhere recently that Loestrin has more antogens than some other pills and could thus make acne worse...

Closed Thread