It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Post Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation...

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-29-2008, 09:47 PM   #1
    Gwen67
    (female)

Gwen67 HB User
    Post Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation...

This might sound a little crazy, I am really starting to believe that my post inflammatory hyperpigmentation has worsened from going off the birth control pill... Is this ridiculous or could it be possible? (sorry if this is on the wrong board)

I went off the pill in August after being on it for about 4 years or so and since then I've noticed (well more recently I've really been noticing) that my face now scars like crazy. Actually it's not even just my face -- I played paintball in October and had two pretty bad bruises on my leg, which left dark marks for months after the bruise was gone! I didn't even know before that that it was possible to get a scar from a bruise! It's never happened before that.

I have medium skin which has always been prone to slight hyperpigmentation, but it's never been this bad and it used to fade quite quickly. Now even the absolute slightest tiniest blemish leaves a dark mark that seems to stay for ages. Never mind large ones...

Anyway, about a month and a half ago my face was crazy broken out, which I attributed to having gone off the pill as I had read that this often occurs several months after going off the pill.. (my skin has never been perfect though, ever) the scars are fading so slowly and it's driving me nuts. But back late last summer (maybe July or August, not sure) I also had a very bad breakout, mostly on my cheeks. I was just looking at some pictures of me without any makeup from the end of August and there are hardly any marks!! Which means my face is definitely hyperpigmenting worse than it used to!

Is it possible hormonal levels can affect skin hyperpigmentation? Is there something else that could be making it worse now than it used to be? Any tips on how to fade it faster? thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-02-2008, 12:14 AM   #2
    nolovenoglory
    (female)

nolovenoglory HB User
    Re: Post Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation...

you should look into going to a medical spa that specializes in treating brown spots and acne scars, i heard alot of good things about doing a series of chemical peels or special facials which should help in combination with products they may reccomend.

Closed Thread