It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Pitted Scar Cream

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-10-2008, 04:04 PM   #1
    Mandilyn
    (female)

Mandilyn HB User
    Pitted Scar Cream

Hello,
    Has anyone tried BIOSKINCARE for acne pitted scars???
    If so, how well did it work on your scars??? Im thinking of buying it so I was wondering if its a watse of money or not....

Thanks for any replys!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-27-2008, 09:36 PM   #2
    waterlily
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

waterlily HB User
    Re: Pitted Scar Cream

I never heard about it before. I had pitted acne scars and what got rid of them were Silkia camellia oil and Epidermx microdermabrasion. My scars were about 2mm deep, not tiny, so it really took over a year's faithful use to get results. Nowadays I can hardly see the scars unless I look them closely in the mirror.

Old 05-01-2008, 03:04 PM   #3
    HowdyXX1
    (male)

HowdyXX1 HB User

first of all hello I'm a new member....
    Are the results permanent with the microdermex or will have to continually use it?
    And my next question is does anyone know if going to a plastic surgeon and getting microdermabrasion/and or laser(fraxel) other kinds will give permanent results in improving the appearance of acne pitted skin?

Old 05-07-2008, 08:30 PM   #4
    mouthwash
    (male)

mouthwash HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by waterlily View Post
    I never heard about it before. I had pitted acne scars and what got rid of them were Silkia camellia oil and Epidermx microdermabrasion. My scars were about 2mm deep, not tiny, so it really took over a year's faithful use to get results. Nowadays I can hardly see the scars unless I look them closely in the mirror.
    Hi waterlily,

You might remember me when I had the username, "Toothbrush". I used the camellia oil for more than a half a year and didn't see any results and then I switched Bio-oil for a half a year now and unfortunately I still don't see any results. My pitted scars are more bunched up together so I'm wondering if yours were separated and apart from each other? Another question is, did you use the camellia and microdermabrasion at the same time? Should I try them both together?

Last edited by mouthwash; 05-07-2008 at 08:31 PM.

Old 05-09-2008, 10:21 AM   #5
    waterlily
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

waterlily HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mouthwash View Post
    Hi waterlily,

You might remember me when I had the username, "Toothbrush". I used the camellia oil for more than a half a year and didn't see any results and then I switched Bio-oil for a half a year now and unfortunately I still don't see any results. My pitted scars are more bunched up together so I'm wondering if yours were separated and apart from each other? Another question is, did you use the camellia and microdermabrasion at the same time? Should I try them both together?
    My scars were not bunched up together. There were about half an inch apart from each other. Half a year on the camellia oil was not long enough to give you any visible difference. I've read some people here saw a small change in half a year but I think if your scars are rather deep you need more time. I used the oil and microdermbrasion cream at the same time. I think that made a difference as opposed to just using the oil alone.

Old 05-09-2008, 10:28 AM   #6
    waterlily
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

waterlily HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by HowdyXX1 View Post
    first of all hello I'm a new member....
    Are the results permanent with the microdermex or will have to continually use it?
    And my next question is does anyone know if going to a plastic surgeon and getting microdermabrasion/and or laser(fraxel) other kinds will give permanent results in improving the appearance of acne pitted skin?
    My results from the Silkia camellia oil and Epidermx microdermabrasion are permanent. I haven't used the Epidermx any more for the past couple of months and just the oil alone as a daily moisturizer but the scars didn't come back.

If you go to a plastic surgeon for microdermabrasion, laser and whatever procedures, the results will also be permanent. But don't have too high an expectation. They won't give you significant results in a short time. You still need a long time and lots of treatments to have any big results.

Old 05-09-2008, 10:58 PM   #7
    mouthwash
    (male)

mouthwash HB User

Quote:
    My scars were not bunched up together. There were about half an inch apart from each other. Half a year on the camellia oil was not long enough to give you any visible difference. I've read some people here saw a small change in half a year but I think if your scars are rather deep you need more time. I used the oil and microdermbrasion cream at the same time. I think that made a difference as opposed to just using the oil alone.
    I'm considering getting both of them off that site. Do you have any tips on the procedure?; I don't done this kind of stuff before. I rarely put lotion on my face, let alone microdermbrasion, haha. Thanks.

Old 05-16-2008, 06:44 PM   #8
    gimmeresults99
    (female)

gimmeresults99 HB User

I had the fraxel laser done 3 times (costing me over $3,000). My dermatologist rated my scars a 2 to a 4 in severety and they are pretty much only visible in shadows and bad lighting. Right after the treatments I swelled up like a cabbage patch doll and couldn't see any scars what's so ever, skin was actually elevated. However, after a few weeks the swelling wore down and for as much as I paid it is definately NOT WORTH IT!!! It's just another hoax in my opinion. The Dr. claimed that after six months I would see more improvement as the collagen would continue forming deep in my skin.

Possibly my expectations were too high because I figured since my scars are relatively superficial they should disapear after $3,000 in treatments, but I would not recommend it to anyone.

Currently, because the derm I was going to recommended the fraxel in combination with chemical peels, I purchased a 12.5% TCA peel off of the Make-up artists choice. com and for $30 I would highly recommend it. I used it in combination with neostrata's aha cream (really really good stuff) get the highest AHA I think 30. it is an EXCELLENT product for wrinkles, scars, whatever The improvement I have seen with these two products in combination is just as good as the fraxel, trust me!!!

I honestly have lost all trust and respect for derms, I think they are the sleeziest dr.'s in the medical profession because they will scam you into treatments you don't really need just to make a buck. I believe they are just over-payed spa workers and all they care about is the anti-aging stuff; botox, collagen, restalin. Most of them don't even want to deal with acne patients because they actually have to do work and take time in most of their procedures. Trust me, I know first hand from working for one and multiple bad experiences.

Since I have had success with the do-it-myself chemical peel, my skin didn't melt off, lol. (I also used a very mild peel however), I think I am ready for the saline shots which I have read from multiple people work really well... I actually just ordered the syringes, however, I am curious, for anyone that has tried this, is a 28cc too large a needle, that was the smallest the website I was on had? I read where someone recommended 33cc and I am wondering if I should order those instead?

Last edited by moderator2; 05-16-2008 at 08:07 PM. Reason: posted commercial website

Old 05-17-2008, 12:42 PM   #9
    waterlily
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

waterlily HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mouthwash View Post
    I'm considering getting both of them off that site. Do you have any tips on the procedure?; I don't done this kind of stuff before. I rarely put lotion on my face, let alone microdermbrasion, haha. Thanks.
    It's not really a procedure so to speak. They are OTC products and very easy to use. Just wash your face with your regular cleanser, pat dry and while the skin is still damp, massage the Epidermx microderm cream on your skin for 2 or 3 minutes. Then rinse it off, pat dry, and apply the Silkia camellia oil as a moisturizer.

You can gently massage the microderm cream on pimples if they are not too big and inflamed. It will help clear the pimples up. But I wouldn't put the oil directly on pimples. Just put it on the scars.

Old 09-13-2008, 12:19 AM   #10
    mouthwash
    (male)

mouthwash HB User

Quote:
    It's not really a procedure so to speak. They are OTC products and very easy to use. Just wash your face with your regular cleanser, pat dry and while the skin is still damp, massage the Epidermx microderm cream on your skin for 2 or 3 minutes. Then rinse it off, pat dry, and apply the Silkia camellia oil as a moisturizer.

You can gently massage the microderm cream on pimples if they are not too big and inflamed. It will help clear the pimples up. But I wouldn't put the oil directly on pimples. Just put it on the scars.
    Thanks. Do you do the routine twice a day, in the mornings and evenings?

Old 09-13-2008, 10:04 AM   #11
    waterlily
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

waterlily HB User

I used the microderm cream once a day at night, and the oil morning and night.

Closed Thread