It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Head and Shoulders clears ACNE

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-09-2008, 10:15 AM   #1
    stricthvy
    (female)

stricthvy HB User
    Post Head and Shoulders clears ACNE

I am amazed. I am in mid-30s and started to have bad acne breakouts about 3 years ago. I always had small breakouts, but only recently experienced what I call extreme breakouts. The real painful, below the surface tumors, and I say tumors because they took forever to go away, grew to be so large it was embarrassing, and nothing worked to clear! I tried everything, seriously people! "Dont touch your face, dont wash your face, all the scrubs, creams, home remedies, diets"
    A month ago, a friend told me to try Head and Shoulders.
    I amazed people, I noticed a change in 1 day! and Now that Ive been washing with the shampoo, the breakouts at the back head, nape, and down my back have cleared, and my face is the best of seen since years ago.

NOW, why in the heck hasn't this product been advertised for such treatment?
    It makes me mad for all the money I wasted, and the poor people out there that still never heard of it's treatment!
    Tell your friends people.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-09-2008, 07:46 PM   #2
    Sue21
    (female)

Sue21 HB User
    Lightbulb Wash your face with Selsun Blue!

I've had great success washing my face with Selsun Blue shampoo (active ingredient: selenium sulfide).

It really helps with those small acne bumps and cutting grease.

Old 07-10-2008, 07:16 AM   #3
    sickofpain2
    Veteran
    (female)

sickofpain2 HB Usersickofpain2 HB User
    Re: Head and Shoulders clears ACNE

What scent did you buy? I looked and did not find the "original" formula. I even smelled the various ones to see if I could find it that way.

I bought t-gel, extra stength by neutragena, a few weeks ago and use a back loofa to apply. It has helped reduce some of the acne, but not taken it all away. I think head and shoulders might be better (more lathering).

Do you wash day and night?

Old 07-10-2008, 09:05 AM   #4
    Sue21
    (female)

Sue21 HB User
    Re: Head and Shoulders clears ACNE

I use the regular/original Selsun Blue. The active ingredient is something like 1.5% selenium sulfide. Check many drugstores (like CVS or Walgreens) and grocery stores (ShopRite). One of them will definitely have it.

I wash my face with the Selsun Blue once a day (usually at night because the sulfur is a bit stinky). In the morning I wash my face with regular Dove soap or a benzoyl peroxide wash (Oxy 10% wash).

My skin is quite oily and definitely NOT sensitive, so this works great for me. If you have drier or more sensitive skin, I would wash with the Selsun Blue every other day or once a day, and the others times with a less drying face wash.

Let us know how it works for you!

Sue

Closed Thread