It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Spiro cured my acne

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-29-2009, 05:25 PM   #61
    Arelias
    (female)

Arelias HB User
    Re: Spiro cured my acne

kilgore, did u have a rough second month too?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-29-2009, 06:30 PM   #62
    skimom
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

skimom HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MyHappy View Post
    Well, in your daughter's case, this would make the drugs more effective and would cease any long term complications conditioned by the drugs.
    OK, well that is more positive. I got the impression before that maybe you thought it was nearly impossible for them to work the second time around which was causing me to sweat . What would be a sufficient amount of water in your opinion. Are you in the holistic health business BTW? Maybe a doc?

Old 06-29-2009, 06:50 PM   #63
    MyHappy
    Inactive
    (male)

MyHappy HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by skimom View Post
    OK, well that is more positive. I got the impression before that maybe you thought it was nearly impossible for them to work the second time around which was causing me to sweat . What would be a sufficient amount of water in your opinion. Are you in the holistic health business BTW? Maybe a doc?
    Not a doc, well, lets just say I am doing a bit of research/experiment regarding MPB(Male Pattern Baldness) and was perplexed by the overture in sebum production. One thing led to another and realized most suffered from a very mild form of water retention. When I realized the role of progesterone(natural diuretic) and how low it was during those monthly female timings and its inclusion in BCP, it was a done deal.

Regarding the optimal amount... I found the only way is for nature to convince us. Which would be using the restroom. So it would be adequate to start the ball rolling with two glasses in the morning/before bedtime and one glass after each urination thereafter. Now I must warn, they will entail frequent restroom visits, most probably every 30-60min time frame. But the frequency will diminish, although not completely, in a few weeks time. Good Luck.

Last edited by MyHappy; 06-29-2009 at 06:54 PM.

Old 06-29-2009, 08:08 PM   #64
    kilgore52
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

kilgore52 HB User

Yes, but I kept remembering that my doctor said that by the 5th month, I would have crystal clear skin and I did. He wrote a couple of books on the subject and also said that you could combine Spiro and take a lower dose of Accutane to clear up the skin instead of the stronger dose of Accutane recommended. His book was The Hormonally Vunerable Woman. Made a Lot of sense to me. You can order the book.

Old 06-29-2009, 08:31 PM   #65
    skimom
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

skimom HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by kilgore52 View Post
    Yes, but I kept remembering that my doctor said that by the 5th month, I would have crystal clear skin and I did. He wrote a couple of books on the subject and also said that you could combine Spiro and take a lower dose of Accutane to clear up the skin instead of the stronger dose of Accutane recommended. His book was The Hormonally Vunerable Woman. Made a Lot of sense to me. You can order the book.
    I heard about Spiro on here and bought the book shortly thereafter. It must have been so cool to actually have him as your doctor.

Old 06-29-2009, 08:34 PM   #66
    skimom
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

skimom HB User

The third month is still a bit rough but getting better. Looking forward to what 5 can do. The last time she did this she was away at school and spared me the wait. I just sent her off to college and she came back clear.

Old 06-29-2009, 08:36 PM   #67
    skimom
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

skimom HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MyHappy View Post
    Not a doc, well, lets just say I am doing a bit of research/experiment regarding MPB(Male Pattern Baldness) and was perplexed by the overture in sebum production. One thing led to another and realized most suffered from a very mild form of water retention. When I realized the role of progesterone(natural diuretic) and how low it was during those monthly female timings and its inclusion in BCP, it was a done deal.

Regarding the optimal amount... I found the only way is for nature to convince us. Which would be using the restroom. So it would be adequate to start the ball rolling with two glasses in the morning/before bedtime and one glass after each urination thereafter. Now I must warn, they will entail frequent restroom visits, most probably every 30-60min time frame. But the frequency will diminish, although not completely, in a few weeks time. Good Luck.

I'll drink to that! About 3 liters per day according to the girl.

Old 07-04-2009, 12:33 AM   #68
    Arelias
    (female)

Arelias HB User

hey everyone, I was on yasmin and I switched back to yaz and a week in I'm suffering a bad breakout! like 5-6 pimples instead 1-2. I'm freaking out terribly. does anyone know why this is occuring? I've only been on yasmin for 2 months. and I went back to yaz thinking my face would get better but its only getting worse and plus I'm on 200mgs of spiro. spare me the misery already my goodness. how long is it going to take for my body to adjust to yaz again?

Old 07-04-2009, 02:01 AM   #69
    kilgore52
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

kilgore52 HB User

Arelias, Since you have increased your dosage to 200mgs, you will start to clear, but you have to wait it out cause you haven't been on it long enough. I know that it's bad now, but hang in there, it will work. The switch to yaz will adjust too. The Yaz has less estrogen and your body will get use to it again. You obviously needed the higher dosage since you are still breaking out. I repeat this again to you that your skin will be clear by the 4th to 5th month and then it will stay that way. Drink lots of water too. That's the way Spiro works. What your going through is normal.

Old 07-04-2009, 07:56 AM   #70
    Arelias
    (female)

Arelias HB User

ok, thanks so much kilgore.. your awesome. I just hate feeling low. you are definitely my encouragement.

Old 07-04-2009, 10:45 AM   #71
    kilgore52
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

kilgore52 HB User

You just wait for those miraculous results like I did and you will be soooo happy!

Old 07-04-2009, 11:21 AM   #72
    Arelias
    (female)

Arelias HB User

I know... uh, I just wish those miraculous results were already here. So you didn't notice any slightest improvement within the 2nd-3rd month? when the 5th month came around, were all your scars gone too?

Old 07-04-2009, 11:54 AM   #73
    kilgore52
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

kilgore52 HB User

I still broke out some but I was on 200mgs around the 4th week, so I had a higher dose than you. I do believe that the 3rd month was pretty clear. It is good that your doctor agreed to up the dosage. You will probably start to really begin to notice an improvement in a few weeks. Don't worry and just make sure you get potassium levels checked when your doctor says to. If you have any bad side effects tell your doctor too. The side effects are on the website if you need to check. Do you have cysts or just pimples. If just pimples then I believe that you will clear faster than me. Was your doctor against a higher dose originally? Oh and my scars were completely gone

Last edited by kilgore52; 07-04-2009 at 11:55 AM.

Old 07-05-2009, 11:22 AM   #74
    Arelias
    (female)

Arelias HB User

I get pimples, like medium-big puss filled zits along my jawline and on the sides on my chin. I get little like blackhead pimples with the solid white stuff around my mouth area. Yea, my doctor was against the 200mgs. Did you pop your pimples or did you let them be? I can't help but pop them. So all your scars cleared by the 5th month? is there anything else that you do like topically?

Old 07-05-2009, 11:31 AM   #75
    Arelias
    (female)

Arelias HB User

My face is weird, one day my face will break out on the left side and then another day my face will break out on the right side. I don't know if this is normal or what.

Closed Thread