It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Spiro cured my acne

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-29-2009, 04:35 PM   #121
    skimom
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

skimom HB User
    Re: Spiro cured my acne

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Arelias View Post
    Here's an update on my skin... I just ended my period and just ended a really bad breakout, my skin seems to be improving everyday. Its weird, I was wondering if this sounds like how spiro works. Anyways, I can't wait to be clear! Yay.
    Well, "improving every day" sounds good to me. How long have you been on now?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-30-2009, 11:56 AM   #122
    Arelias
    (female)

Arelias HB User

I've been on spiro for 2 months at 200mgs.. Skimom, how's your daughter's face doing?

Old 07-30-2009, 10:22 PM   #123
    skimom
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

skimom HB User

Quote:
    I've been on spiro for 2 months at 200mgs.. Skimom, how's your daughter's face doing?

She told me today that she is improving a lot now. There are many scars but I can also tell she is improving. She told me she knows it will take months before the scars heal. It's really quite a process isn't it? She has a friend who cleared up with one application of Benzaclin. It's just amazing what havoc hormonal acne can heap on a face. It just doesn't respond like normal acne.

Old 07-31-2009, 12:22 PM   #124
    Arelias
    (female)

Arelias HB User

I know, tell me about it. Its not only embarassing but its annoying. Its like, people with clear skin probably don't even have to bother. I swear, id rather suffer from bad mood swings n cramps and a heavy period then have to deal with acne everyday. Its constant popping and hiding with cake-ed on makeup... thank god for make up. Anyways, I'm still breaking out but not as bad... my face is getting better finally. My scars are fading fast. Tell her I wish her good luck and I am in the same boat!

Old 07-31-2009, 07:22 PM   #125
    skimom
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

skimom HB User

Thank you for the good wishes. I don't tell her too much about the boards though cause sometimes I think she thinks I am crazy for doing it. She is out having a blast and living her life and I am posting away LOL. I am so glad that you are seeing results now. You are on your way to clear trouble-free skin and I am so happy for you and look forward to hearing about your continuing progress. Because I had it so bad I guess I never got over it. But now it's just a hobby to help others...I can give you fabulous over 50 skin care tips lol.

Old 08-01-2009, 11:30 AM   #126
    Arelias
    (female)

Arelias HB User

That's awesome..so what are your beauty tips? Ha anyways, my face is clearing but I still get some black heads and about 2-3 whiteheads everyday....was that how your daughters skin was before she cleared? I don't get anymore big ones like I did in the beginning anymore.

Old 08-02-2009, 10:07 PM   #127
    skimom
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

skimom HB User

She was away at school the first time she was on it so I can't really say. This time, well she is still in progress. Mostly red bumps left but fewer. As for me, I swear by the Obagi system and also think the clarisonic is wonderful. I stay consistently clear now with using both of these.

Old 08-03-2009, 08:54 AM   #128
    Arelias
    (female)

Arelias HB User

So you were on the obagi regimen while on spiro? I just cleanse with the purpose bar of soap and use a little bit of benzoyl 5%.. I stopped all of my Roche-Posay regimen when I found out my acne was hormonal and that all of the harsh cleansers wouldn't make it better.. My skin has been improving a lot though. The scars seem to be fading out quickly but I still have little bumps too but thank god no more big ones, I hope my face is past that phase.

Old 08-03-2009, 08:49 PM   #129
    skimom
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

skimom HB User

Oh no, I never took spiro...

Old 08-04-2009, 09:46 AM   #130
    Arelias
    (female)

Arelias HB User

lm faced with a dilemma... I'm going to run out of my pills on Sunday and for Monday I onky have half my dosage to take and then on Tuesday I'm getting my pills so I can continue on 200mgs, does anypne think this will mess up the spiro process and make me have to start all over again or restart the process of how spiro wrks?

Old 08-05-2009, 02:03 AM   #131
    skimom
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

skimom HB User

One day off should not mess anything up.

Old 08-06-2009, 11:30 AM   #132
    Arelias
    (female)

Arelias HB User

Ii hope not!

Old 08-11-2009, 01:44 PM   #133
    KaraKaraKara
    (female)

KaraKaraKara HB User

I just saw my gyn today and he prescribed me Yasmin (I have the generic Ocella). I have very oily skin (I can saturate 2-3 oil pads within 4 hours of washing my face, along with acne along my jaw and chin, and the occasional cyst. I have like hardened sebum bullets as well that I can feel under my skin). I also have a lot of unwanted hair, and regularly spaced but heavy and painful periods. Also, the week and a half before my period I am very lethargic and "lazy" almost. I asked if I could get my hormones tested but he said that it was unlikely that I had a hormone imbalance (b/c I'm in my 20's) and that the treatment is BC pills anyway. I have a follow up appointment in 3 months. If I do not see the desired results (less oily skin), should I push for spiro? Is it common for gyns to prescribe spiro or should I ask for a referral to an endocrinologist?

Old 11-16-2009, 06:11 AM   #134
    kilgore52
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

kilgore52 HB User

Quote:
    Were you guys still breaking out 2 1\2 months into spiro? I just got another random breakout along my jawline and on the sides of my chin. Is it the 3rd month when the breakouts stop completely?
    I am so curious to see if all of you girls look great now. I guess so since you all are not on this site anymore. I bet you are all doing great.

Closed Thread