It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Acne Scarring.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-05-2008, 07:34 PM   #1
    Elezra
    (female)

Elezra HB User
    Acne Scarring.

I have acne scarring really badly, and I was wondering if you knew of any kind of make-up that would do a sufficient job in covering it up. Every time I wear typical make-up it definitely shows and doesn't cover well at all. I have tried many things, and would like to know, again, if you know of anything that could help me.

Thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-06-2008, 06:44 PM   #2
    Vdoe
    (female)

Vdoe HB User
    Re: Acne Scarring.

first off don't use MAC!!! i wore that to cover my acne scarring and it is the worst for your skin because its theater makeup. the number one best product is Jane Iredale mineral makeup. Try to stick with mineral makeup so it won't clog your pores.

Old 12-06-2008, 06:47 PM   #3
    Vdoe
    (female)

Vdoe HB User

oh and spray some type of mist moisturizer if you have to apply more then one layer of makekup. I use Cosmedix mistic spray...it works great!

Old 12-08-2008, 06:08 PM   #4
    caangelxox
    (female)

caangelxox HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Elezra View Post
    I have acne scarring really badly, and I was wondering if you knew of any kind of make-up that would do a sufficient job in covering it up. Every time I wear typical make-up it definitely shows and doesn't cover well at all. I have tried many things, and would like to know, again, if you know of anything that could help me.

Thank you.
    I use revlon colorstay. not just to cover up pimples and red spots, but to also prevent it from coming off throughout the day. there is sunscreen in the face foundation, so I also never get burnt. I wear the face foundation with power and blush. too bad it doesn't keep pimples from coming on my face. as long as it covers the pimples and crap that is on my face, that is all that matters to me.

Last edited by caangelxox; 12-08-2008 at 06:09 PM.

Old 12-12-2008, 12:29 AM   #5
    searich
    Inactive
    (male)

searich HB User

what is it possible to treat scars? what are ointment?

Old 12-12-2008, 02:06 PM   #6
    corshan1
    (female)

corshan1 HB User

Try philosophys "help Me" it lightens the actual scarring. It takes time though.

Last edited by moderator2; 12-12-2008 at 05:03 PM. Reason: posted disallowed website(s)

Old 12-15-2008, 11:02 AM   #7
    waterlily
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

waterlily HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by searich View Post
    what is it possible to treat scars? what are ointment?
    It's possible to treat acne scars, both the flat surface red marks and pitted scars. For red marks, Alpha Hydrox 12% AHA Souffle worked very well for me. For pitted scars, Silkia camellia oil and Epidermx microdermabrasion.

I had a few pretty deep scars (2mm) and they were plumped up after a year's faithful use of these 2 products. It was a slow healing process. I didn't see any difference for the scars until 6 months of use but the difference was big at the one year mark and now they are practically un-noticeable unless I look very closely in the mirror. I feel very lucky to have had this great result. Lots on this board that tried laser, flexel, peels and professional microdermabrasion didn't get the results they wanted.

Old 12-15-2008, 12:04 PM   #8
    Aidens Mommy
    (female)

Aidens Mommy HB User

Jane Iredale is a great brand... for people who have great skin. I found that it made my acne look 10 times worse because I had to use so much product to get any coverage, made the fine lines in my forehead more pronounced, and did not last past lunch time. I expected MUCH more out of a product that cost $50 a bottle. For foundation. And only foundation. And if you have acne scars like me and want good coverage, you need/prefer more than foundation. I spent over $150 on that brand (and all I got was foundation, powder, and an eye-makeup kit) on the recommendation of an esthetician I went to see and I hated it. I'm not knocking the brand for everyone because as well all know, what works for some won't do diddly for another. My best suggestion is to go to either a department store or Sephora and ask for samples of different products. Not only will this help you really find the one that you want, but you also get to try out different make-ups for FREE! You can ask to sample just about anything at a real makeup counter. You obviously can't do this if you're using Covergirl. But even if you can't afford the expensive stuff, treat yourself and go to the department store to get samples. Just cause you can.

I prefer Smashbox's cover-up stick and powder. Their coverstick covers anything on my face and stays put! Yeah, it's not all-natural, organic, mineral makeup... but it works! And when it comes to having the confidence to go out with my husband and feel like I look sexy, it's worth getting the good stuff. I also use Dior spray (airbrush) foundation (also not cheap but I think it works better) just for the base coat to even things out a bit before concealer. Just FYI.

Good luck!

Last edited by Aidens Mommy; 12-15-2008 at 12:07 PM.

Old 01-05-2009, 05:11 AM   #9
    kumquatt
    (male)

kumquatt HB User
    Red face Re: Acne Scarring.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by caangelxox View Post
    I use revlon colorstay. not just to cover up pimples and red spots, but to also prevent it from coming off throughout the day. there is sunscreen in the face foundation, so I also never get burnt. I wear the face foundation with power and blush. too bad it doesn't keep pimples from coming on my face. as long as it covers the pimples and crap that is on my face, that is all that matters to me.
    Moon,I'm an outfielder like you and I get pimples on my forehead from sweating in the hot sun.

Closed Thread