It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Experiences after stopping Minocycline???

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-21-2003, 12:16 PM   #1
    CraigJ

CraigJ HB User
    Question Experiences after stopping Minocycline???

Hi,

I've been searching the archives for people's experience on Minocycline. There are a lot of posts from people who were taking Mino at the time, but I am curious to hear from these, or other, people after they've been off the drug for some time.

I only know two people who have taken Mino for acne. The first had to stop taking it because she got pregnant, but she had good results while she was on it. It's hard to say what the long term effects are, b/c pregnancy does a job on your hormones, plus she may have grown out of it by now. But, she never went back on the Mino and her skin is pretty clear now. The second person had great results and has been clear ever since, aside from an occassional flare-up when she gets her period (I don't know any men who have taken it!) But, the 'net is full of posts from people who say that their acne turned as soon as they stopped taking the drug.

I know the side effects and risks of Minocycline, but what I am looking for are success stories. If anyone had lasting effects from Mino, I would love to hear them.

Thanks! http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dance.gif

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-21-2003, 08:37 PM   #2
    Rousie13

Rousie13 HB User
    Can't help you on this one, as I've only been taking it for about two months. I'm hoping my acne won't come back after I stop the mino.

Old 09-21-2003, 08:39 PM   #3
    Aerosmith22

Aerosmith22 HB User
    I'm male. I took Minocycline for years. It worked, I was completely clear. My doctor discontinued it even thought my blood work was great. Angrily, I discontinued it about one year ago. The effects continued for about 8 months. I only used Oxy face wash, and I remained clear, during this regieme, the after-effects of the Mino began to run dry and I started to break out, everywhere. I looked exactly as I did before starting the Minocycline, years ago. It was horrible. Minocycline effects linger, but eventually the acne resurfaces. I've been using Benzamycin, which works much better than BenzaClin for me, but doesn't produce the dramatic results of a oral antibiotic. Tommorow I will be visiting my physician - I'm planning on talking him into another cycle of Mino...Or Doxy. Mybae. We'll see. G'luck.

Old 09-22-2003, 07:14 AM   #4
    knut

knut HB User
    mino worked great for me for about 4 months. I was using it along with tazorac and my acne just started coming back all the sudden..., and then getting worse, and before I knew it, I was apparently using both drugs for no reason because I was back to square one.

The doctor increased my dosage, but that didn't help me either.

Old 09-24-2003, 06:49 PM   #5
    CraigJ

CraigJ HB User
    Bump

Closed Thread