It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

Scars

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-09-2009, 03:18 PM   #1
Indy007
(male)

Indy007 HB User
Scars

Hello,

Has anyone had success with any homemade products? I have mild to moderate acne but I have a LOT of scars---rolling, poked, ice-pick, dents, etc. Over the years I have tried aloe, lemon, vinegar, they do make my skin look better but the scars are still there. I hate being under certain lights (sunlight, fluorescent tubes, etc) because they make my scars so visible. I don't know if I should start thinking about microdermabrasion or laser.

Any and all advice will be appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-10-2009, 10:41 AM   #2
waterlily
Senior Veteran
(female)

waterlily HB User
Re: Scars

Home made products will not do anything for icepick scars and dents. They only help with flat surface red marks. I have successfully treated my icepicks with Silkia camellia oil and Epidermx microdermabrasion cream.

I had 5 deep dents on my forehead - about 2mm deep, but they were signifcantly filled in after one year's faithful use of these products. Before the 2nd year was out they were almost invisible any more. I can't see them until I look them closely in the mirror. I had another 3 dents above my lips. They are not as completely healed as the others but still have significantly improved. Now I only need to dab some concealer to hide them. Before even the best concealer couldn't cover them up - they would show through after 1 or 2 hours.

You can try professional microdermabrasion or laser. But I can say they won't completely get rid of your dents. Expect only minor results after a couple of treatments. Many on this board have done professional microdermabrasion, laser, peels, and other treatments like Flexel but I have yet to hear anyone say these treatments got rid of their scars 100%. Most people just did a few sessions of treatments over a couple of months and of course there could not be any significant results. Time is your friend. It takes a looooooong time for the dents to fill in. My experience tells me that, unless your scars are teeny tiny, there can't be great results if you only expect a couple of months.

Old 01-31-2009, 01:56 PM   #3
libertygone
(male)

libertygone HB User
Re: Scars

I first ordered cosmetyn 3 weeks ago and it worked for me with stretch marks after i lost a bunch of weight in december.

Last edited by moderator2; 01-31-2009 at 05:16 PM. Reason: posted disallowed website(s)

Closed Thread