It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Not going out tonight cause of a bad breakout i had

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-25-2003, 07:10 PM   #1
    NYKID
    Veteran

NYKID HB User
    Post Not going out tonight cause of a bad breakout i had

This really f*&%#@ s#$ks i cant even go out cause of my face i went away last weekend broke out and my face is the worse its been in a month. This really freakin sucks i want to stay home wathc a movie and put stuff on my face so it heals quicker.

This has happened to me 2 many times, im inching closer to taking accutane. Everyday i look in the mirror and realize that this micky mouse medicine my derm is recommending aint getting the job done is justing building up more reasons to take the acctuane.

I really wished there was an alternative cause im scared to take it again. Ive had it im on doxy 100mgs nicomide and use plexion facial cleaners and i put fricea on my pimples and blemishes if i dont see a super improvement in a month im taking the accuatane i have it in my house downstairs .

I was doing so well my doxy ran out nad i went to away to a friends college and now im all messedup.

I had this one red mark on my cheek no joke at least 8 months if not more just as its was fading away complelty i break out with a huge zit right on top of it like hey its ur turn to hang out here for another 8 months.

OHHHHHH im so ****** i cant take it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-25-2003, 07:23 PM   #2
    froe
    Inactive
    (male)

froe HB User
    i recommend taking accutane dude. it cleared up my face even though i still have lotsa scars. nothing is easy in life man. JUST TAKE IT. be strong and face the side effects if there are easy. At least u know accutane is a powerful drug.. rather than go through this interminable journey of mystery of experimenting with endless topicals. TAKE THE RISK AND TAKE ACCUTANE AND BE STRONG.

Old 09-25-2003, 07:38 PM   #3
    NYKID
    Veteran

NYKID HB User
    Im very close to doing it. I dont want to wait a month to see how this stuff im taking now turns out but i will to be safe.

I have taken accutane before when my skin was much worse and it cleared it right up. Im just scared to take it again cause of all the bad i heard about it i dotn want to start blaming everything on it. Im also scared of the depression cause im not the happiest person i the world.

Did the accutane take away the dark spots frog? I didnt have any the first time i took it so i dont know.

Old 09-26-2003, 09:12 AM   #4
    GTI

GTI HB User
    dude, seriously. i sad it so many times already. i'll say it again. Look at your skin. Do u have scars meaning indented ones or red marks?
    After u take accutane, one of the side effects is ur skin won't heal as fast. In fact very slow. So there's a good chance u will get indented scars for LIFE. those red marks took u 8 months and its still not fading? wel, take accutane and see how much longer it'll take!
    I don't freaking get it. why do ppl want temporary relief in trade for a lifetime of scars. THINK! 3 more years to outgrow acne vs 60 years or so of scars!!! think man. seriously. not to mention the side effects.

do a search on the Accutane and Roaccutane action group on google. go into their forum and click on "post treatment forum" the posts there will scare the crap outta ya. The good to bad post ratio is 1:10 over there. Ppl there are working hard to try toban this drug.

Old 09-26-2003, 09:24 AM   #5
    joeh
    Senior Veteran

joeh HB User
    im 42 i didnt outgrow it i had accutane when it first came out was clear for 10 months 2nd time did nothing im on spiro and prem im down to the last last resort.yea scars r really hard to get rid of but i think eventually they will be able to repair damaged skin in the future.the only way i see to control acne is to regulate the amount of androgens in ur body.thats whats causes ur oil glands to become overactive!

Old 09-26-2003, 03:36 PM   #6
    Nicko12
    Inactive

Nicko12 HB User
    I don't know if you have the money, but this is what has happened to me. I don't go out anymore, well not really after I started getting ACNE, because I get insecure about it. I got PRO Activ in Jan and didn't give it enough time, then stopped and was back were I started and I use to pick and got 2 ice pick scars there almost gone. I then would buy everything in the stores to see what would work you name it I got it, the cleansers the washclothes from neutrogena from olay I tried everything avenno. I don't think im spelling these 100% right, but the best thing that has worked is Pro Activ and Mederma for the scars. You can still get a pimple from Pro Activ, but it is no where near as bad as with the whole break outs in certain spots. After 2 months of using it you will see your face completely clear. You can see a huge difference every week, but it takes time for your skin to heal from before using Pro Activ, since it takes 3 weeks for a pimple to show anyway. I heard it does not work for some people, but i would give it a try. That is what I do and this is the only thing that seems to help, i will grow out of it I am not a severe case its just because im still going through the puberty thing I have had it for 3 years I am almost 16 now, I hope this doesnt last too long I don't think it will, my brother had severe acne and his was just a phase thing my parents never had acne, I bet this thing skips a generation or something. I would try Pro Activ and definitely get Mederma for the scars. Give it time, it works out. Don't use alcohol either I used that and it took me 2 months for my skin to get half way back to normal that stuff dries your skin up and makes it tight and not good looking..

Closed Thread