It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

How does one minimize scars and redness??

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-30-2009, 04:25 PM   #1
cathy1
Senior Veteran
(female)

cathy1 HB Usercathy1 HB User
How does one minimize scars and redness??

Has anyone found anything (short of anything injected or a laser) that helps fade and miminize acne redness and scarring? I've had red marks from acne that take 2 years to fade and I'd also like to find somthing that makes the scarring themselves from looking so bad. Bleck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-01-2009, 04:19 PM   #2
Liddybug06
(female)

Liddybug06 HB User
Re: How does one minimize scars and redness??

I recently posted on how Emu Oil and Hyluaronic Acid (B5) can help with scarring. You can find this at your local skin care center or Spa. I have been using it for a couple of weeks and am already noticing dramatic results. The marks are less noticeable and the redness/discoloration is very light compared to before. It also reduces fine lines. Thats an added plus. For existing pimples I also use Salicylic acid applied with a Q-tip only where needed. Remember though. You have to be patient. You won't get rid of scars over night. So you have to be consistent.
I hope this helps.

Old 02-01-2009, 04:28 PM   #3
cathy1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Theres so much out there - where do you get the HA and emu thats any good?

Old 02-01-2009, 04:56 PM   #4
Liddybug06
(female)

Liddybug06 HB User

I get mine at a day spa from a certified esthetician. She gave me a free consultation and suggested these products for my skin. I am actually going to start having monthly facials to speed things up a little. I wouldn't order anything online. Try to find someone in your area.

Old 02-01-2009, 05:28 PM   #5
BluEyez1031
Veteran
(female)

BluEyez1031 HB User

Alpha Hydrox Souffle has helped a lot with my red marks.

Old 02-08-2009, 05:12 PM   #6
waterlily
Senior Veteran
(female)

waterlily HB User

Alpha Hydrox 12% AHA Souffle works great for my red marks. As for indented scarring, it's Silkia camellia oil and Epidermx microdermabrasion. I had 5 indented scars on my forehead but they are almost invisible after a year's faithful use of these 2 products. I have another 3 scars above my upper lip and they are much more smoother looking. I'm so glad and feel so lucky I can get rid of my scars without expensive procedures which may not work very welll anyway.

Old 02-08-2009, 08:21 PM   #7
BluEyez1031
Veteran
(female)

BluEyez1031 HB User

I've got a new update for this thread! I'd been using Alpha Hydrox Souffle and getting decent results, so I knew that my skin responded well to AHA's. I decided to step it up a notch and order Aqua Glycolic AHA products...cleanser, toner, and a cream that is similar to the Souffle. (Bonus- ordering the kit made it cheaper than purchasing separate AHA products...only cost $33!). I haven't even been using it for a full week, and so far I'm seeing more visibly even skin tone and fewer pimples. I would have never expected it to work quite this well. I'll keep updating on how it continues to work, but I highly recommend the brand so far to anyone interested in AHA products.

Old 02-09-2009, 12:44 PM   #8
cathy1
Senior Veteran
(female)

I can't use anything that is a cream now as it breaks me out - do they have a gel or liquid? I used a very popular AHA cream (not Hydrox) and I got the biggest pimple that my derm said he had ever seen and it left a scar. So i'm terrified of anything in a cream formulation now. I'll check out the Aqua Gly for gels and liquids.

Closed Thread