It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

Acne cysts, someone please help!

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-02-2009, 10:09 PM   #1
anastasia22607
(female)

anastasia22607 HB User
Acne cysts, someone please help!

I am 24 years old, and I have had pretty clear skin since I was about 16 years old. About a year and a half ago, my face started flaring up with huge cysts. It was mainly on my forehead then, and there were always about 2 cysts on my forehead at all times.

For about the past 5-6 months, it has become pretty bad. It has spread to my cheeks. Just when they are all almost healed up, I break out in more. Every week or so, I have another cyst popping up on my face.

I can't afford to go to the dermatologist. I have a great skincare routine, but it isn't working. I have tried absolutely everything I can think of. I screwed up very badly the other night because I put toothpaste on my cysts and when I took the toothpaste off, it peeled off the top layer of skin. Now I have these huge red raw spots all over my face that I am putting triple antibiotic ointment on. I look like I have some flesh eating disease, lol. I learned my lesson the hard way when it comes to using toothpaste.

I don't know what to do and what is causing this. Benzyl peroxide burns my skin just like the toothpaste does. I love salycylic acid, but it doesn't seem to work on my cysts, only on smaller pimples. I am a stay at home Mom, and I don't want to even leave my house. By the way, it isn't post pregnancy acne because my son is 2 years old, and this started happening quite a long time after he was born.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I can't believe how much this problem is affecting my life. Our friends think I hate them because I won't go anywhere, and I'm too embarassed to tell them the truth of why I won't see them Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-03-2009, 09:55 AM   #2
janajana
(female)

janajana HB User
Re: Acne cysts, someone please help!

Try Clinique, the three steps. Believe me, after one month or so, your skin will look great!

I tried it before.

Closed Thread